Due to circumstances...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Due to circumstances...

Due to circumstances of my present situation, work, home, love, life in general, I regretfully must resign my position as moderator. I've been told that if I can find the time in the future, and I pray I can, that I will be welcomed back. Until then I will still visit, hopefully more than I've been able to recently. I am still always willing to help in any way I can, so if any of you need me, just yell. ;) You can reach me on AIM as "Confed999", through email at [email protected] , or just PM me here. :)
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Rob, I would like to be the first to thank you for your services on the forum. You were the first moderator outside the initial inner circle to be selected, with a keen eye for maintaining order on the forum for three years, even prior to be appointed a World Affairs Board moderator.

At times, when things got a bit out hand, you helped maintain order even as a member. Your services were invaluable throughout Spring and Summer 2006, during the absence of a few key staff, and along with Joe, you deserve accolades for your services, which ensured a bright future for the community.

The late and honorable President Reagan once spoke of The Shining City Upon the Hill. For many of us, the forum is in a small way just that.

I thank you for your services, moderating conflict, seeing the forum through troubled times, and service as an architect, moderator, and adviser on the forum.

I extend by best wishes to you, and have the highest of hopes for a bright future. I know we'll be seeing around still, even if time constraints. You have other commitments ;), but drop by and visit your friends from time to time.

Regards, Ironduke
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Mia

Damn shame sir. Please do come back for another tour:)
      Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Matt said it well but I have to amplify: You were the rock during our troubles last year. You are also a big reason why I became a moderator.

Rob, thanks for everything bro, come back when you can.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Best wishes Confed. Be sure to drop in when you can.
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Oh bugger that, he's getting married. Hooray!
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

One of my family's closest friends.

One of my best pals.

One of this Board's best mods.

Of all the people that I know, one of the guys that knows themselves as well as anybody can. He's a true mensch.

Comment

Drat, those frequent flyer miles ! I felt this coming....

Even though I don't like it when the good ones go, I wish you the best in your future endeavors Rob. :) Don't forget about us. ;)

Comment

Confed was a great friend of mine and always a fair and just man.

When he was not a Moderator, he supported me all through and he is the one who made me hang on out here. Remember that, Rob?

Of course, he is not going away. He will always be here and lurk.

Congratulations to you and dear THL (Aunt Emma, right?).

That is a feather in WAB's cap too - two of our members getting married!

And not to forget our good old matchmaker Bluesman, who had set up the venue with his hospitality and dos (or so I can guess!)

Hopefully his Tiki Tiki do he has planned also throws up some more happy news.

Rob, remember, you have a loyal friend in India!

The Creator may Bless you and THL with a long and happy married life!

And a huge hug to the little one!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

WHAT...wh..who is getting married?
                    Did I miss something?
                    Confed were are you off to buddy. I will miss you as a moderator though.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Captain,

Get yourself a scotch. You're going to need it.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...ouncement.html

Comment

Did Confed get fired from his job as a Mod because of the Conflict of Interest since THL is a common member in WAB
                        Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                          Did Confed get fired from his job as a Mod because of the Conflict of Interest since THL is a common member in WAB
                          Heavens, NO. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                            Heavens, NO. :)
                            Bah! I smell a coverup! Just what has this "Confederate" fellow been doing with the vast power entrusted to him by the innocent citizens of WABia? They do say power corrupts. Hmmph, where's a muckraker when you need him? We need to get to the bottom of this mess!!

;)
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
                              Bah! I smell a coverup! Just what has this "Confederate" fellow been doing with the vast power entrusted to him by the innocent citizens of WABia? They do say power corrupts. Hmmph, where's a muckraker when you need him? We need to get to the bottom of this mess!!

He's been seducing the innocent young girls who stumble into our forum of course
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X