Honor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honor!

Please excuse the little rant, but this will mostly be for the service men and women. Did you ever encounter a person who acts and talks military, and think they know all about it. But where never in? Who say you have to be a fool to be in the military now, or even back then. Now I know its not for everyone, and everyone is good at something. But, it just makes me sick when they try to take away your HONOR. Well, they can never do that. They can say what they want to and when they want to. It is there right as a american, and guess what I served, and fought for your right to say that. It makes you feel good to the people who show there appreciation. I want to thank those people who do that. As you can tell it was a bad day for me today, but thanks for my little rant.
    "Peace through Power" Late Ronald Reagan

It depends on the context, I suppose. On the internet, it's safe to assume you're going to get a large number of people who aren't who they say they are, and some people automatically assume that. If you're on an established site where it can be ascertained through various means that you are who you say you are (and it isn't really all that hard), you have less to worry about.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Been at this place......with a man that for some reason felt it was appropriate to lie. What a sad little man he was. May he burn in hades.
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

I've had girls who have told me their boyfriend is in the military, some special forces unit. I don't doubt their boyfriend is in the military -- special forces though, I doubt it quite a bit.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I hold a hot little coal of contempt in my heart for people that claim military honors/rank/accomplishments that they have not earned.

I KO'd some dumbass swine in San Francisco one night for trying to brag to me about his Vietnam service, and while I'm not normally a bar-brawler-type, THIS cat managed to push all my buttons at once.

As far as I'm concerned, they do NOT have the right to claim that which they're not entitled to, and if I get the chance to humiliate one publicly, he's going to wish he'd never tried that 'barstool fighter ace' crap around me.

Master Chief, we've never met, and I have to take you at your word that you are who you say you are. I do. I accord you the immense respect that your former rank entitles you to. Which is why, when I find the fakes that claimed my respect without having earned it, I tend to get so dam' angry, it may go beyond mere disgust.

I'm witcha, colleague. They are low and pitiful creatures that I hope roast in hell.

Comment

Pretenders are actually wonderful.

I love their stories since they are so full of wholes.

Then when someone pricks the balloon, it a big laugh.

Live and Let Live and watch the fun!

I wouldn't like to pollute my knuckles with some scum!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Story.
              Ex-vietnam vet (Fred) I know was sitting in the local RSL club. Overhears the guy next to him telling his mate about the time he was in a helicopter that got shot up, crashed, etc, etc, everyone got home safe and sound.
              Fred buts in "I was on that helicopter and I don't remember you being there!"
              Room goes quiet, guy leaves, never to be seen again.
              "Just go home rednecks!" Me, 28/03/2007

Comment

i suppose all of us have been there at least once,the unit i served with was,nt speciań forces ,we where mechanised infantry,a formiddable unit,ever today when i sit in certain cheringuito,s in spain there is quite a large South afican community in spain and its surprising how many of these expats served in the Recces, and parabats and the 32 battalion ,i asked the one guy if he knew who el terribles where ,he said he did,nt know i told him its the nickname the cubans gave 32 battalion it means the terrible ones and if he served in 32 he would have know that ,i do get pissed of when these guys say they served in units and they did,nt but as my friend butch who was a terrible one said in his own way he feels sorry for these guys because they trying to be something that they never where and never will be and the master chief is right cos sometimes you do feel as if they are taking something away espically because they had rich parents with connection there sons got cushie assignments or left the country claiming to be concientious objectors then return claiming they served in the very units they run away from.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel, sir. I was a chief on AEGIS ships, and then my friggin' friends start trying to tell me of what kind of quality they are... I simply reply: really?
                  "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Never been in. Long story. Worked for several contractors that interfaced with them on a norm basis as well part of my job. Always supported them and still do to this day.Through Good,Bad dont matter they will always have my support. Besides they let me see some really interesting/exciting places/things.:)
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

How about those guys on the side of the road begging for money with signs that say, "Homeless Vietnam Vet"--and they are waaaaay too young to have served in Vietnam. I was stopped at a stop light in Vegas a few years back and asked one of these guys what unit he was with in Vietnam. He didn't know. I asked him what service he was in and he just got irritated. I asked him how old he was when he was "over there..." The light turned green at last.

Comment

Working...
                      X