Russian Assassinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Assassinations

Is anyone else having raised suspicion about the string of Russian assassinations? First the KGB agent in Italy, now the shooting of an ex-KGB agent in DC. What is so important that it is worth killing their own agents in plain sight to hide? Why did Russia volunteer to give enriched uranium to the Iranians when UN sanctions were first discussed? Just a conspiracy, but one that makes you think.
    The history of the world is but the biography of great men.
    -Thomas Carlyle

Originally posted by Guardian View Post
    Is anyone else having raised suspicion about the string of Russian assassinations? First the KGB agent in Italy, now the shooting of an ex-KGB agent in DC. What is so important that it is worth killing their own agents in plain sight to hide? Why did Russia volunteer to give enriched uranium to the Iranians when UN sanctions were first discussed? Just a conspiracy, but one that makes you think.
    Do you have a link for the KGB agent in Italy?? I don't recall reading that one.

Comment

KGB-Italy Killing

The KGB agent who was killed with a radioactive isotope in his apartment. He was meeting with an Italian contact and got that man sick with radiation poisonsing as well. I didn't feel like looking up the story, but if you search the keywords on any news site you'll find it. It was late last year.
      -Thomas Carlyle

Comment

I think you may mean the ex-KGB agent killed in London?
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Could it maybe have been in London with an agent from Italy? Regardless, of who or where, the fact that it happened quite publicly not all that long ago was my point. In less than one year we have twice read in our newspapers of ex-KGB agents being killed in not very discreet ways. The question I originally intended to pose was if there may be a connection to these 'terminations' (i.e.: information that Russia does not want the world to know about).
          -Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Correction of Reference

WASHINGTON — An expert on Russian intelligence was critically injured in a shooting in front of his suburban Washington home, authorities said.

The shooting of Paul Joyal, 53, came days after he accused the Russian government of involvement in the poisoning of former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko.

I apologize. It was not another KGB agent, but a Russian intel expert. The connection I was interested in still remains the same. Why did this man die days after he made comments about a non-discreet killing of an ex-KGB agent?
            -Thomas Carlyle

Comment

WASHINGTON — An expert on Russian intelligence was critically injured in a shooting in front of his suburban Washington home, authorities said.

The shooting of Paul Joyal, 53, came days after he accused the Russian government of involvement in the poisoning of former KGB agent Alexander Litvinenko.

I apologize. It was not another KGB agent, but a Russian intel expert. The connection I was interested in still remains the same. Why did this man die days after he made comments about a non-discreet killing of an ex-KGB agent?
              The crime rate in the DC area is extremely high. I know a lot of people who used to live in DC that didn't even dare to leave their homes in evenings. Are you sure this is not just another drive by shooting?

Comment

Although it sound fishy, I would like to see more than allegations.
                It would also be more interesting if one of Putin's ministers died for each critic that was terminated.
                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

You are so unhappy because of Putin's ministers? Which one would you like to see dead? Poor ministers...

Comment

In all likelyhood, it was just another drive-by. Crime is SO high in DC with gang rivalries heightening between Crips, Bloods, and Mara Salvutra. In is just interesting that this US Russian Intel expert gets shot days after making allegations accusing the Kremlin of terminating one of their own. And please...don't mistake my interest for sympathy. The Kremlin is welcome to off as many KGB and former KGB as they please. They can call me if they need help.
                    -Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Guardian,

The Soviets have been at this game for a long time, if one goes by the media reports.

What is the connection with Iran?

What is the drift that you are trying to convey?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

MOSCOW — Top Iranian officials on Monday rejected claims that Tehran had been dragging its feet on payments for a Russian-built nuclear power plant, criticizing Moscow of buckling under international pressure and prolonging the reactor's launch, the official news agency reported.

Russian officials on Monday said uranium fuel deliveries to the Bushehr nuclear plant in southern Iran and the reactor's launch could fall behind schedule because of Iran's delays in payment.

(Feb 19th)

The more we talk about this, the more I wish I would have recanted my first remark. I wasn't making any accusations or allegations; just dropping a thought. The "initial" thought I was trying to convey was if Russia was trying to hide something from the West, and "if" the assassination and the drive-by in DC were linked to it. China and Russia have strong ties with Iran and I personaly don't trust either of them on the Security Council. I just have this gut feeling that Russia and China want Iran to have a nuclear program and may even be helping Iran.
                        -Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by MrFirst View Post
                          You are so unhappy because of Putin's ministers? Which one would you like to see dead? Poor ministers...
                          Poor ministers? You mean putins KGB buddies?
                          All I am saying is that IF Putin is guilty of these murders, then what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
                          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Bonehead,

Now, just from the 'reasoning' point of view, let's ask - you have proof that Putin is a murderer?

It as interesting and oddball as the one which claims that Bush and Blair are 'murdering' people in Iraq.

But you are right that is all the question of 'IF'.

In international politics, this "IF" never gets proved!

And it is great to be a political leader so long as you are on the winning side. Ask Saddam, Milosevic and also those lucky ones like Pinochet who have escaped the 'noose' (actual and metaphoric) because they are/ were on the winning side! ;)

Of course, it is too late to ask Saddam or Pincohet. They are answering right now to the Creator! :)
                            Last edited by Ray; 06 Mar 07,, 09:53.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

In all likelyhood, it was just another drive-by. Crime is SO high in DC with gang rivalries heightening between Crips, Bloods, and Mara Salvutra. In is just interesting that this US Russian Intel expert gets shot days after making allegations accusing the Kremlin of terminating one of their own. And please...don't mistake my interest for sympathy. The Kremlin is welcome to off as many KGB and former KGB as they please. They can call me if they need help.

If it quacks, likes water, has webbed feet, and has feahters it might be a goose, but it is probalby a duck. Crime in DC is confined to the Inner-City areas not the well to do burbs. Russia does have a history of assiassination of its enemies. As Ray pointed out this is an old old play in the Russian handbook.

I don't think Russia is really trying to hide so much as it is tryoing to consolidate and reform its imperial structure prior to re-expanding in some form and re-establishign its hegemony over Eastern Europe, the Baltic, and the stans.

Comment

Working...
                              X