Monarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarchy

I'm not Canadian, but I just want to ask something.

Do most Canadians like the monarchy? Is there a large movement for its abolition, like in Australia?
    chrislib.blogspot.com

Nope, we're not crazy hot for the monarchy but we're too damned lazy to do anything about it.

Comment

I swear alliegence to the Queen, that requires me to support the monarchy. Though, I would like to have the position of the governor-general abolished.

Comment

Why should Canada be pro or anti monarchy? Does Canada pay anything to the UK and or monarchy??

Comment

I suppose it depends if they, I mean Canadians want to be purely Canadian or be a part part of something larger by maintaing links from the past and there heritage.
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Nope, we're not crazy hot for the monarchy but we're too damned lazy to do anything about it.
            I agree. It is the same here in NewZealand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kipruss View Post
              I agree. It is the same here in NewZealand.
              I guess the same goes for Kiwis to
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Well personally Id like to have less ties to the British Monarchy in this country.

id prefer to have Canadian Prime Minesters on our Twenty dollar bill and coins than the queen. Im sure that when she kicks the bucket that someone else will be put onto them. Other than that, id also like to see the GG position removed.

I think that Canada is slowly moving away from the Monarchy, not crazy fast like the australians. And not by force, like the Americans. But i think that when we decided to have our own flag, rather than the red ensign, was the beginning of the end for it all.

Other than that, I dont hold any ill will towards the Monarchy. It is apart of this countries past, it is our heritage. And that should be something always held onto, and rememberd.

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                  I guess the same goes for Kiwis to
                  Guys. let each Country have it's own "monarch" it's a little Olde Worlde to carry on as if GB still ruled the World.:)King Wayne..Canada...King Pari?NZ...Ironduke.USA..Glyn.Cornwall..

Comment

Wayne Gretzky? That wimp? Who wouldn't do his wife? And if you've seen his wife, that's a crime.

If anyone deserves to be King, I would say Eric Lindros whose idea of penalty killing is to ask the referee to turn down the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                      Guys. let each Country have it's own "monarch" it's a little Olde Worlde to carry on as if GB still ruled the World.:)King Wayne..Canada...King Pari?NZ...Ironduke.USA..Glyn.Cornwall..
                      ;)

Comment

Wayne Gretzky? That wimp? Who wouldn't do his wife? And if you've seen his wife, that's a crime.

If anyone deserves to be King, I would say Eric Lindros whose idea of penalty killing is to ask the referee to turn down the lights.
                        OoE control yourself Sir, must have been on the cheap Canadian Club!

Comment

Well, my sister-in-law was buying the drinks last night. Damned woman doesn't know good scotch and keep getting me Cutty Sark all night. There's not enough icy water to drown out the taste.

However, I have never forgiven Gretzky for wimpifying hockey for a decade.

Comment

Well, my sister-in-law was buying the drinks last night. Damned woman doesn't know good scotch and keep getting me Cutty Sark all night. There's not enough icy water to drown out the taste.

However, I have never forgiven Gretzky for wimpifying hockey for a decade.
                            Don't tell T igger he a Gretzky fan,thou' a Brit he's followed the ICON for 20 plus yrs:)

Comment

God save the Queen!

Colonel,

Since you qualify to be the Booze King, I once had "Old Crow". Tasted awful. I don't remember if it was whiskey or rum! :)

What is it, whisky or rum.

Since I have never eaten crow, I don't know if a New Crow or an Old Crow is good! ;)
                              Last edited by Ray; 26 Feb 07,, 20:24.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X