Philippine American war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine American war

I just want to ask about war between america and philippine...... How many battles does the philippine soldiers won in that war? Is this the first foreign war by America? Who won that war?

Originally posted by ka_ben2001 View Post
    I just want to ask about war between america and philippine...... How many battles does the philippine soldiers won in that war? Is this the first foreign war by America? Who won that war?
    I'm sure that you have a rich history of the 1898-1902 conflict in the Philippines. From the American side, Brian McAllister Linn has written a great history on it. The Filipino rebel groups didn't win any big battles, although at the small unit level (platoon and I believe company), American units did suffer from some well executed ambushes. The Philippines marks the beginning of the American "imperial" period, although Cuba came first (in which the US defeated the Spanish) and as a result of the terms of that peace, the US gained the Philippines from the Spanish.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
    X