Recommended Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Readings

Please submit all recommend Israel-Palestinian conflict readings here.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

"The Arab-Israeli Wars" -- Chaim Herzog

Comment

Dershowitz does a pretty good job from the legal stance
      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Elusive Victory by Trevor DuPuy
        The Israel/Arab Reader, edited by Walter Laqueur
        Six Days of War by Michael Oren

Comment

Battling For Peace - Shimon Peres

Comment

The Yom Kippur War and the Airlift That Saved Israel - Walter I. Boyne

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
              "The Arab-Israeli Wars" -- Chaim Herzog
              I believe I have read this one ... minus the part on Lebenon War in the 80s, if it is indeed the right book

there is another book, I will get the full name and author soon, ...

It is about Soviet foreign policy regarding Arms shipment to Arabs nations during these various wars. It is quite intresting. I believe it was called: "Arms for Arabs" ... or something like that .... it is the Kremlin point of view

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                I believe I have read this one ... minus the part on Lebenon War in the 80s, if it is indeed the right book
                At the time this book was written the Lebanon War in the 80s hadn't occurred yet. IIRC.

there is another book, I will get the full name and author soon, ...

It is about Soviet foreign policy regarding Arms shipment to Arabs nations during these various wars. It is quite intresting. I believe it was called: "Arms for Arabs" ... or something like that .... it is the Kremlin point of view
                Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by huh_what View Post
                  The Yom Kippur War and the Airlift That Saved Israel - Walter I. Boyne
                  Excellent reading. I would also offer: any papers by Alistair Crooke; also the recent book, Hamas: the Unwritten Chapters, by Azzam Tamimi
                  I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.-Mark Twain

Comment

Arab Israeli conflicts

One Palestine, Complete: Jews and Arabs Under the British Mandate By Tom Segev

Not strictly about Arab-Israeli wars, but possibly the best, non-partisan work detailing the creation of the problems that have lasted since 1948. I would recommend it to anyone as vital background to the conflicts. For example, there are factions within Israel that stick to the belief that the country should comprise all of the territory in the original Turkish administrative area, that includes Jordan and big chunks of Syria which explains some subsequent Israeli war aims.

Comment

Michael Oren wrote the definitive account of the Six Day war.

Comment

Working...
                      X