Officer Roles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Roles?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum though have been a fan of battleships for some years now. I'm writing a short-story and am interested in finding a list of all the officer positions on later battleships (King George V or Iowa class would be most helpful but I'll get what I can take).

Basically a list of all 100-200 so officer positions. Enlisted/NCO would be very helpful too if someone knows of anything.

Thanks,
    Coridan

Originally posted by Coridan View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum though have been a fan of battleships for some years now. I'm writing a short-story and am interested in finding a list of all the officer positions on later battleships (King George V or Iowa class would be most helpful but I'll get what I can take).

Basically a list of all 100-200 so officer positions. Enlisted/NCO would be very helpful too if someone knows of anything.

Thanks,
    Coridan
    Coridan,
    If you were to do this , you will need to isolate a period in time. A commisioning for any capital ship will give you the stats of how many officers and crew for that particular time frame. The Officer breakdown you may have to research through Naval History links. I would recomend the last time the Iowa's were at sea...late 1980's to early 1990's either Missouri or Wisconsin's last tour in the Med.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I'd be happy with any time period as it'd give me a good starting point, can you point me in the right places to start looking? I don't know how to get a hold of any of these documents

Comment

Recommissioned May 10, 1986. Missouri's (BB63) last sortie.
        Battleship Photo Index BB-63 USS MISSOURI
        Give you some easy info on her.

Recommissioned October 22 1988. Wisconsin's last sortie. (BB64)
        Battleship Photo Index BB-64 USS WISCONSIN
        Easy info as well.

These are just photos and small bits of info on the two.

This site should be a bit more helpfull.
        US NAVY - Battleships
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
        X