Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslims against repair project of Holy Site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims against repair project of Holy Site.

For crying out loud. Israelis are trying to REPAIR a common holy site (damaged by an act of God) and the #&@$^Muslims are using it as an excuse to protest.

Below is from the Long Beach Press-Telegram, February 9, 2007:

Building near holy site stirs protests
    Israel begins work near area sacred to Jews, Muslims.
    By Ravi Nessman, Associated Press
    Article Launched: 02/08/2007 07:51:09 PM PST

JERUSALEM - A fiery Islamic leader called on his fellow Israeli Arabs and Muslims around the world Thursday to rise up in protest of Israeli construction work near a holy site in Jerusalem.
    Fearing thousands might heed his call, Israeli police intensified security measures ahead of Friday Muslim prayers at the site, adding travel restrictions and plans to send a helicopter hovering overhead.

The dispute centers on Israel's decision to begin repair work on an earthen ramp leading to the hilltop compound known as the Temple Mount to Jews and as the Noble Sanctuary to Muslims. The centuries-old ramp was damaged in a 2004 snowstorm, and Israeli authorities promised that its plan to replace it would not damage the holy site, about 60 yards away.

But Muslim leaders began protesting the work as soon as it started Tuesday, and they called for wide-scale demonstrations today.

"The aggression happening now is a tragedy, a crime," Raed Salah, a leader of the Islamic Movement in Israel, told The Associated Press. He accused Israel of declaring "a regional, religious war."

The site, home to the golden-capped Dome of the Rock shrine and Al Aqsa mosque, is especially important to Palestinians and

Israeli Arabs. Not only is it Islam's third-holiest site, from where they believe the Prophet Muhammad ascended to heaven, but it also is a focal point of their national pride.
    The compound is also sacred to Jews as the site of their biblical temples.

Israel has controlled the contentious compound since the 1967 Mideast War, but has left its administration largely to the Jordanian-controlled trust known as the Waqf and to the Palestinians.

When fighting broke out between Israel and the Palestinians in 2000, Israeli restrictions prevented many Palestinians from the West Bank from praying at Al Aqsa. Salah began busing in Muslims from northern Israel to take their place, and his power at the site grew. He also has taken a lead in demonstrating against perceived Israeli violations at the site, and is known by many Palestinians as the "Sheik of Al Aqsa."

Salah called for a large demonstration in the Israeli Arab city of Nazareth on Friday, which he declared "Al Aqsa Day."
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Muslims are like democrats. They are against anything the other side wants to do. Just because...
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

There was fair & balanced reporting by CNN on this. "Israeli's storm Mosque full of Muslim worshippers."

Israeli's storming the Mosque = the work being done on the fundation.

"Muslim worshippers = Palistinian rioters throwing rocks & garbage, some of whom have barricaded themselves inside the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

It's good to know CNN is against misinformation that can & probably will incite anti-Israeli sentment and probably get a few people hurt or killed, just so they can have a better headline.

Comment

The Waqf has been digging up and destroying Jewish artifacts on the Mount for the last 8 years
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

ahhhhhh .... those #&@$^ Muslims, #&@$^ Jews and those #&@$^ Christians

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
            ahhhhhh .... those #&@$^ Muslims, #&@$^ Jews and those #&@$^ Christians
            You just going to ignore the WAB Hindu's?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock View Post
              You just going to ignore the WAB Hindu's?
              nah ... I like the hindus muchmore then I like the triple-religion-axis-of-evil

Comment

From the BBC...

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Jerusalem 'tense' after clashes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
                    nah ... I like the hindus muchmore then I like the triple-religion-axis-of-evil
                    Got it wrong there.

The triple axis of evil is the Yehudi-Yindoo-Christo Kaffir axis!;)

Comment

JERUSALEM - A fiery Islamic leader called on his fellow Israeli Arabs and Muslims around the world Thursday to rise up in protest of Israeli construction work near a holy site in Jerusalem.
                      *sigh* around the world....

Sometimes it just all makes my head hurt

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Deep tension over Jerusalem holy site
                      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                        The Waqf has been digging up and destroying Jewish artifacts on the Mount for the last 8 years
                        What they object to is Jews digging and finding ancient Jewish artifacts, That would undermine the Arab claim to exclusive occupation of the Temple Mount and all of Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          Muslims are like democrats. They are against anything the other side wants to do. Just because...
                          That is a two way street.
                          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Sadly all these issues lead to a cul de sac.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Aranthus View Post
                              What they object to is Jews digging and finding ancient Jewish artifacts, That would undermine the Arab claim to exclusive occupation of the Temple Mount and all of Israel.
                              I know there is an Israeli movement that wishes to have the Al-Aqsa Mosque removed from the Temple Mount. I'm not for removing the Mosque however they would per se...but on the other hand I doubt I'd have a problem with some other Muslim people being Al-Aqsa's caretakers besides the Palistinians.

Comment

Working...
                              X