Stairs or Elevator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stairs or Elevator?

When confronted with a choice of taking the stairs or the elevator, which do you prefer?

I find that I can get to most areas within a building more quickly by taking the stairs, as there is no elevator wait, plus there's the added benefit of exercise.
    Stairs
    46.67%
    Elevator
    53.33%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Depends on how many floors. One or two, stairs for sure.

My motivational level is inversly propotional to the number of floors

Comment

I'm with John on this one.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I hate elevators! I don't give a fukk! For the most part I will use stairs. Sometimes you have to use elevators when you're with a group of people.

Comment

Elevator. Bum knee.
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

It'd certainly have to be quite a few floors to be called excercize. Well.. maybe for some you old timers... ;)
            In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
            The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

One or two floors, probably the stairs. Any more than that would be cruel and unusual punishment for a septigenarian.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Stairs - hands down as long as it is 7 floors or less.
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Depends on the building...two flights or less and if I am alone I will take the stairs.....if mini-me is with me, I would sooner take an elevator up three stairs (yes, stairs, not flights of stairs) than to have to wait for her highness to prance up the steps.

Also I tend not to like to be alone in stair wells often.
                  "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

It depends. 3-5 flights, one elevator in the building, it is usually the stairs. Several elevators, floors immaterial, carrying a bike or a full book bag, take the elevator.

Just because it's there. I'll walk a mile, completed suited in scuba, if I have to, if there is no camel to carry the stuff. I go where the work needs me to go and I'll take whatever transport there is to get there.

ALTHOUGH, having almost been trapped in an elevator, at night, as the sole occupant, where I work during quasi power supply ....... in those situations, 7 floors or not, it's the stairs.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    (Having run into the Ghostbusters, a hotel occupant asks what is up. "We're exterminators, someone saw a cockroach on the 14th floor."--lead
                    "Must be some cockroach."
                    "Bite your head off, man. You coming up?" (referring to the elevator car)
                    "Ummmmm, no, I'll catch the next one.", (w,stte), "Ghostbusters")

Comment

i live on 13 floor, when i go to work, i take stairs down, when i come back, i take the elevator, when i take chucky out, we take elevetor down, but to get back we almost always take stairs up, chucky needs work out, up to 7-8 floor, he is far ahead of me, then, he stops, waits for me, and follows me up to our floor.
                      if it wasn't for him, i'd probably never take stairs up to 13th floor.
                      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                        I tend not to like to be alone in stair wells often.

I don't know the statistics, but from a personal point of view, a stairwell might provide more personal protection than an elevator. Meaning, there are many exits as opposed to just one, one can go in either direction quickly and while its easier to loose balance on a stairway, there might be more of a fighting chance. I've passed on elevators with its passengers for the reason the people inside just didn't "feel right" and waited for another to arrive. Then again, it's all personal preference.
                        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                          Stairs - hands down as long as it is 7 floors or less.

7 Floors!!!!! dang I'm impressed!!!

Comment

Personal preference is probably right. I don't think the 'system' interprets either one as an escape route, primarily, so the first response would probably be to bring maximum to bear and take him out. The stairs would be more dangerous.....for him. From above, I can take out his knees, face. From below, I can drop and magnifiy the throw.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            (After 007 has thrown the real Peter Franks down an elevator shaft. "Is he dead?"--Tiffaney Case
                            "I sincerely hope so."--Bond, (w,stte), "Diamonds are Forever")

Comment

Four floors up, stairs.

(Most of the buildings in the residential areas in my area are not more than four floors. And the builders to save cost usually don't add the lifts (elevator); at least, the older buildings. So, it has become a habit).

More, it is the lift.

Coming down, most of the times by the stairs.

I live in my own bungalow which has only the ground floor, so gardening gives me my exercise!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X