How can China take Tawain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can China take Tawain?

How can China take Taiwan even without US support to Taiwan. First off they don't have enough Amphibious Assault capability or Airborne Assault Capability.

Seems to me the only stick that China has is it's Ballistic missiles and it's effect will be greatly diminished by PAC-2 GEM and PAC-3 systems.

Taiwan also outnumbers China in modern aircraft 2 to 1, and on top of that the Taiwanese are defending so they also have SAMs that will be firing at enemy aircraft were the Chinese have to avoid SAMs and fight the Taiwan Airforce.

I don't think China will have the capability to invade for at least another 15 years and even then it will probley have it's ass handed to them on a plate.

Which is why the ChiComms aren't trying anything, just rattling the sabre
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Oh, they can invade. Whether they win is another question but one they believe that they can win.

Comment

Some Taiwan military info

1999 2005

Army

Armor
        M60A3 105mm gun, 60 tons: 169 480
        M48H 105mm gun, 54 tons: 450 450
        M48A5 105mm gun, 52 tons: 100 100
        M41D 76mm gun, 24 tons: 675 675
        M24 90mm gun, 20 tons: 230

Armored Fighting Vehicles
        M113 APC tracked w/20mm: 225 225
        M113 APC tracked: 650 650
        V-150 4x4 wheeled: 300 300

Artillery, Self-propelled
        M110 203mm self-propelled howitzer: 60 60
        M110 T69 155mm self-propelled howitzer: 45 45
        M109 155mm self-propelled howitzer: 110 110
        M108 105mm self-propelled howitzer: 100 100

Artillery, Towed
        M115 203mm howitzer: 70 70
        TRF1 155mm howitzer: 56
        M114 T-65 155mm howitzer: 250 250
        M59 155mm howitzer: 90 90

2000 2010
        Navy

Destroyers
        Tien Tan ACS (Arleigh Burke) 8,300: 4
        Kidd 9,574: 4
        Chao Yang (Gearing) 3,500: 7

Frigates
        Cheng Kung (Perry) 4,100: 7 8
        Chi Yang (Knox) 4,200: 8 8
        Kang Ding (La Fayette) 3,500: 6 6
        Kuang Hua-V 2,000: 14

Fast Attack Missile Craft
        Ching Chiang 580: 11 11
        Kuang Hua-VI 200: 30
        Lung ChiangPSMM MK5 250: 2
        Hai Ou Dvora 47: 49

Submarines
        Hai Lung II 2,500: 8
        Hai Lung (Zwaardvis) 2,600: 2 [/i]2[/i]
        Hai Shih (Guppy) 2,440: 2

Amphibious
        Hsuhai (Anchorage) 14,000: 1
        Chung Cheng (Ashland) 9,375: 2
        Chung Ho (Newport) 8,792: 2 2
        Chung Hai (LST-1) 4,080: 7 7
        Mei Lo (LSM-1) 1,095: 4 4

2000 2005
        Air Force

Fighters
        F-16A/B: 146
        Mirage 2000-5: 58
        IDF Ching-kuo: 130
        F-5E/F: 144

Early Warning
        E-2T: 4 6
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

It doesn't look like they got much since 1999
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I don't think China can win even absent US intervention, but i don't think they think that themselves.

Hell, they attacked US forces once before. So i don't think they'll hesitate to do it again if the stars line up just right and they percieve a decisive advantadge.

Comment

I'm getting the distinct feeling that only the Central Military Commission HQ has the real insight on the feasibility of invading TW. However, since this is official Chinese Communist Party dogma, who in their right mind would say this can't be done and still keep his job?

Comment

new forum doesn't mean we should start the same pointless disscusion again...

Sino-Taiwan war will never happen, Beijing will never let that happen, Washington will never let that happen and Taipei doesn't have the guts to make that happen.

Period.
                "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedDiversity

Sino-Taiwan war will never happen, Beijing will never let that happen, Washington will never let that happen and Taipei doesn't have the guts to make that happen.

Period.
                  I don't think Praxus was ever a member of PDF.
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Pakistan Defense Forum?

Yah I was.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedDiversity

Period.
                      Then why is it CCP dogma and a PLA stated mission?

Comment

Cause the PRC likes to bark as do most little dogs? ;)

Comment

Yeah, except this little dog can shit about 1 billion times in your shoes.

Comment

While this would be an EXTREME measure, I can't help but wonder what effect one nuke on the Chicoms equivalent politburo would do.... would it plung China back into a warlord Society or would it hang together as one state?

My vote would be back to independant Warlords, but I'm not sure that would be a good thing.

Doesn't much matter the TW don't have any nukes anyway and the US would not likely use one.
                            Last edited by Stinger; 09 Sep 03,, 12:51.
                            Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

I wonder if Israel could get any advantage out of chaos over there.

Comment

Working...
                              X