PDA

View Full Version : Citizens of the US, this may interest you!

philipjd
16 Nov 04,, 20:47
http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm

or do a straight google search against 'US election IQ'

wouldn't like to comment as a foreigner, you guys discuss ;)

cheers
Phil

Julie
16 Nov 04,, 21:07
Muhahahahahahahahah....I love it ! :biggrin:

I've got an even better idea after everyone has seen this to put this whole election argument to rest.......Members of WAB take an IQ test, and the results have to be posted ! By now, we all know who leans left and right and see how the results match this link. What do yall think? ;)

Bill
16 Nov 04,, 22:55
132 IQ- Republican.

There is no way those figures are correct though, i don't care who says they are. Average IQ is 100. 80 is 'functional'.

Some of these states are right near the 80 mark, which is UTTERLY ridiculous.

Ironduke
16 Nov 04,, 23:07
136, Libertarian.

Pyken
16 Nov 04,, 23:14
172 - I'm Canadian, but were I in the U.S. I would likely have voted Democrat.

Bill
16 Nov 04,, 23:15
LOL, 172 eh?

A true 1%er right here in our very midst!

Anyone actually believe him?

LOL

Pyken
16 Nov 04,, 23:15
There is no way those figures are correct though, i don't care who says they are. Average IQ is 100. 80 is 'functional'.

Some of these states are right near the 80 mark, which is UTTERLY ridiculous.

I also would have to question these figures, considering the nearness to the 80 mark, but hey, it's possible (a cross-sectiom of the voting population).

Bill
16 Nov 04,, 23:16
I've been to most states of the union. Those figures are simply not plausible.

Pyken
16 Nov 04,, 23:18
LOL, 172 eh?

LOL

I would be offended, if I didn't get a lot of that. I'll have you know, for the record, that I've been accelerated by two years in school, and homeschooled for five years. I tested higher when I was younger, but this is my most recent score. What can I say, I got lucky.

Fonnicker
16 Nov 04,, 23:44
LOL, 172 eh?

LOL

Sure, I believe him. He hasn't given me any reason not to. Has he given you cause to question his honesty?

Pyken
16 Nov 04,, 23:48
Sure, I believe him. He hasn't given me any reason not to. Has he given you cause to question his honesty?

Thank you good sir.

Bill
16 Nov 04,, 23:48
"Sure, I believe him. He hasn't given me any reason not to. Has he given you cause to question his honesty?"

Yeah, he posted the claim on the internet. ;)

LOL

Doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Julie
17 Nov 04,, 01:38
LOL, 172 eh?

LOL Not to me since his intellectual capacity doesn't reflect in his posts. But, hey, that's just my opinion....I could be wrong.

Ironduke
17 Nov 04,, 01:56
I would be offended, if I didn't get a lot of that. I'll have you know, for the record, that I've been accelerated by two years in school, and homeschooled for five years. I tested higher when I was younger, but this is my most recent score. What can I say, I got lucky.
Who administered your test?

Ray
17 Nov 04,, 05:10
Even if one concedes the survey is 100% correct, I reckon in a democracy, it is just too bad. One can't debar voters based on IQ. :rolleyes:

Gio
17 Nov 04,, 05:48
Especially since the Economist Magazine which published it came out the next week saying it's nothing but a hoax. :)

Bill
17 Nov 04,, 06:53
"Especially since the Economist Magazine which published it came out the next week saying it's nothing but a hoax. "

I about figured that. Someone with an 87 IQ is barely functional.

Ray
17 Nov 04,, 07:09
Especially since the Economist Magazine which published it came out the next week saying it's nothing but a hoax. :)
I sure would be interested in the link.

I want to reply an e mail sent to me on this subject.

Gio
17 Nov 04,, 07:21
Sure, here's the link:
http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2692859

Clueless in St James's

Last week we published a list that purported to show the IQs of states voting for George Bush and Al Gore in 2000. Alas, we were the victim of a hoax: no such data exists.

Ray
22 Nov 04,, 06:04
Thanbks.

smilingassassin
22 Nov 04,, 06:23
Looks like that hoax had a few "high IQ" suckers here too.

Ray
22 Nov 04,, 06:45
Looks like that hoax had a few "high IQ" suckers here too.
How apt.

The dumb ones stayed away. :)

smilingassassin
22 Nov 04,, 07:50
How apt.

The dumb ones stayed away. :)

I guess its all in your own classification of dumb and smart....

barrowaj
23 Nov 04,, 22:37
I found a link that tries to estimate the average IQ by state. If someone wants to produce a similar chart with real figures go ahead, I'd be interested to see what the results are. IQ usually increases significantly in urban areas, so I would expect that states that have more citizens living in cities would fare better.

IQ estimates by state (http://sq.4mg.com/IQ-States.htm)

I've never taken an IQ test before, but I think if I did, I'd do pretty well. I read somewhere though that the online tests are optimistic, I guess because it encourages more people to take them, so keep that in mind.

Ray
25 Nov 04,, 08:35
Citizens of the USA,

This thread is not moving.

Get cracking unilaterally. Or are you waiting for the UN to to niggle you?

Gio
25 Nov 04,, 10:46
Very cute.

Parihaka
25 Nov 04,, 16:38
got sent this by a friend, far more interesting than which region or race is smarter or dumber..

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/spectrum/archives/000715.html

"According to the official election results posted on the Palm Beach County election website, 542,835 ballots were cast for a presidential candidate while only 454,427 voters turned out for the election (including absentee). This leaves a discrepancy of 88,408 votes cast for the presidential candidates."

"Other election oddities occurred throughout Florida with some counties registering a 400% increase in expected voter turnout among Republicans while Democrats supposedly experienced a -60% decline in expected support within certain counties. The 50+ counties experiencing the high percentage fluctuations in expected turnout used optical scan voting machines on November 2nd."

and -
http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/news/state/10103910.htm?1c

"Franklin County's unofficial results gave Bush 4,258 votes to Democratic challenger John Kerry's 260 votes in Precinct 1B. Records show only 638 voters cast ballots in that precinct."

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_10500.shtml
"In Florida, exit polling data showed the opposite of the final results provided through the state. Even more surprising are the changes in votes per party that occurred on November 2nd. Counties using e-touch voting machines in Florida showed an average vote gain of 29% for Republicans and a 23.8% increase for Democrats. However the counties that used optical scan vote machines showed drastic differences. Republicans gained by 128.45% in counties using optical scan voting machines while Democrats had a -21% loss (yes, that is negative 21%). Some districts in Florida showed gains over 400% while one, Liberty County, gained over 700% for Republicans."

Confed999
25 Nov 04,, 17:08
got sent this by a friend, far more interesting than which region or race is smarter or dumber..
You're right, far more interesting...

Ray
25 Nov 04,, 18:52

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/s...ves/000715.html

"According to the official election results posted on the Palm Beach County election website, 542,835 ballots were cast for a presidential candidate while only 454,427 voters turned out for the election (including absentee). This leaves a discrepancy of 88,408 votes cast for the presidential candidates."

"Other election oddities occurred throughout Florida with some counties registering a 400% increase in expected voter turnout among Republicans while Democrats supposedly experienced a -60% decline in expected support within certain counties. The 50+ counties experiencing the high percentage fluctuations in expected turnout used optical scan voting machines on November 2nd."

Bad luck. what?! That is democracy for you.

Gio
26 Nov 04,, 06:46
Professor James Lindgren of Northwestern University writes:

Yet Republicans in the general public tend to be better educated than Democrats. In the 1994-2002 General Social Surveys (GSS), Republicans have over 6/10ths of a year more education on average than Democrats. Republicans also have a higher final mean educational degree. Further, Republicans scored better than Democrats on two word tests in the GSS--a short vocabulary test and a modified analogies test.

If one breaks down the data by party affiliation and political orientation, the most highly educated group is conservative Republicans, who also score highest on the vocabulary and analogical reasoning tests. Liberal Democrats score only insignificantly lower than conservative Republicans. The least educated subgroups are moderate and conservative Democrats, who also score at the bottom (or very near the bottom) on vocabulary and analogy tests.

The irony here is that if there were substantial numbers of Republican political scientists, psychologists, and sociologists at Duke and other elite schools, Professor Brandon might already know that in the United States, the two most similar groups in educational attainment and verbal proficiency are liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans--and that ordinary, non-liberal Democrats are among the least educated political groups.

http://www.instapundit.com/archives/014093.php#014093

Ray
26 Nov 04,, 07:49
The eastern seaboard, the states along the western coast, the northern states like Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin, each with large industrial concentrations, voted solidly against Bush.

The monetary policy the Republican administration is pursuing, together with the assurance that, if that comes to that, the rate of interest will be brought down to zero, has rekindled hopes for the employers. They have also been buoyed up by the boon of rapid-fire outsourcing; international spivs, commonly known as call centres, now available in the low-income countries, are helping avoid further squeeze on profits. But what is meat for the employers is poison for the industrial employees. The organized working class voted against Bush, they voted against an administration which will sacrifice their jobs without batting an eye. Bush won nonetheless. He had the solid backing not just of the capitalist class, but also of prosperous agricultural producers across the country. The latter were promised a continuation of hefty subsidies; commitments at sessions of the World Trade Organization were merely for making fun of the less developed countries. It is an impressive phalanx of imperialists, capitalists and racial and religious fanatics; they have announced their intention to have permanent occupancy of the seat of power in the United States of America. It is a curtain-raiser for what is likely to be the principal preoccupation of the 21st century.

Thus writes a newspaper. The writer is a Commie.

Comments please.

Gio
26 Nov 04,, 08:19
The study also showed that liberal democrats arnt wealthy at all, they just live near rich people. Which would explain their class agression.

Ray
26 Nov 04,, 08:29
I don't think that the poor can rub shoulders will the rich Gio.

The deoderants would not quite mingle with the stinking sweat? ;)

Even though both sweat and stink !

Gio
26 Nov 04,, 08:36
I said live near, besides, I didn't say liberal democrats were poor.

Ray
26 Nov 04,, 16:57
Gio,

All live near if you compare the coast to coast of the US with the expanse of the whole world!

Near to me is cheek by jowl!

Bluesman
26 Nov 04,, 19:23
Are we absolutely sure this is a hoax? What does Dan Rather have to say about it? He might have unimpeachable sources, ya know... :tongue:

Bluesman, 135 IQ, MENSA member, Republican (rock-ribbed)

Ray
26 Nov 04,, 19:28
Are we absolutely sure this is a hoax? What does Dan Rather have to say about it? He might have unimpeachable sources, ya know... :tongue:

Bluesman, 135 IQ, MENSA member, Republican (rock-ribbed)

WAB Admins and Mods say so that it is a hoax.

You think they are wrong ;)

Bluesman
26 Nov 04,, 19:41
Nope.

I was bein' ironical.

Ummm...if you were an American, would you have voted Democrat, by chance? :biggrin:

Ray
26 Nov 04,, 19:45
No. I am fortunate.

I am not an American.

Anway, given the choice. I would have voted for none.

One was a wimp and the other scared everyone out of his pants!

To be frank, fundoo Islamist are everywhere. You have to take them on without being scared or putting the fear of God in people. Can't chsae shadows all the time.

In India we have lived the scene for over 37 years and we are still there.

One can't be softies.

We have to take them on.

No time to weep and whine and sh1t in our pants.

It is time to stop playing politics or manoevering the sentiments. It is time to kick them in the teeth.

It is also time to stop the mass exodus froim the CIA. They are the backbone.

Everything is going haywire.

Bluesman
26 Nov 04,, 19:58
No. I am fortunate.

I am not an American.

Anway, given the choice. I would have voted for none.

One was a wimp and the other scared everyone out of his pants!

To be frank, fundoo Islamist are everywhere. You have to take them on without being scared or putting the fear of God in people. Can't chsae shadows all the time.

In India we have lived the scene for over 37 years and we are still there.

One can't be softies.

We have to take them on.

No time to weep and whine and sh1t in our pants.

It is time to stop playing politics or manoevering the sentiments. It is time to kicj them in the teeth.

Dam' right, sir. With you all the way.

We intend to win our war, without destroying Islam and its peaceful adherants. But if they mean us harm...well, by Ray 's apt imagery, they're going to need some dental work.

Ray
26 Nov 04,, 20:02
Peaceful? Come again.

I sure am looking to see a lot of mouth without teeth.

And I am desiring the same.....FAST.

Bluesman
26 Nov 04,, 20:04
Well, I don't want to zap anyone that doesn't deserve it. I presume you wouldn't want that, either, right?

Julie
28 Nov 04,, 00:33
No. I am fortunate. I am not an American. But he does like socializing with us. Don't judge us all by a few bad apples Ray.

Ray
28 Nov 04,, 01:43
But he does like socializing with us. Don't judge us all by a few bad apples Ray.

I actually like and appreciate many things of the USA. It is in its own way quite an unique country.

Of course there will be areas which may not exhilerate me since my views will be tempered by my social values and my environment, but then I reckon so will that be of everyone here.

By stating I am fortunate not be an American what I meant is that I don't have to take the flak. :) as also that there was very little of a choice in the latest election.

The overdrive on fear is becoming a bit too much with another WTC in the offing and very little is being done. Osama is free, Afghanistan is an incomplete issue, and even before these two issues are solved take on Iraq while North Korea and Iran thumbs its nose. CIA is being given a shakedown as if they along are responsible for all the ills (being in the service I understand how difficult it is to break an organisation and then rebuild it with greenhorns with rusty or no experience) etc etc

All this are depressing since one doesn't know where the US is heading.

And the best part is that now the elections are over (and during the lection it was in the daily news), the 'next WTC can happen anytime' is no longer on the daily menu!

On the other hand, Kerry did not impress.

Julie
28 Nov 04,, 17:29
I understand Ray, really I do. We only had two choices in the election, and the most faithful held with Bush. So, we just have to cross our fingers, and hope for the best.

Ray
28 Nov 04,, 17:43
Crossing the fingers is a Christian sign. Forgot it?

You should have won! ;)

Veni Vidi Vici
03 Dec 04,, 01:58
Ok. I came in kinda late on this one but heres my opinion. I think this thing about IQ and election is all bogus. Think about it, it doesn't take a genus to realize this is false. Look at the lower states. The average IQ is near 80. If memory serves 80 is barley functional. Do you really think we have states full of barley functional (almost retarded) people? This whole set of "data" is totaly full of it