Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterfeiting In China

Originally posted by Ray
    The Chinese are sharp businessmen. Malaysia has to be seen to realise how they have Malaysia by the gonads. Much that Mahatir tried to make Malaysia a 'genuine' Islamic state, the Chinese kept him in check, since they control the economy. The Malays don't like the Chinese and are always complaining that thought they have money, they are stingy in their lifestyle etc.

They aren't all the counterfeiting type.

They have contributed to the Indian economy in their own way and having become educated and smart, they are all leaving for Canada or the US.

They keep to themselves and they do not rock the boat.......at least the Chinese in India!

Most of the Indian Chinese had come when the KMT regime was overthrown by the Communists.
    Ray,

I don't think that Chinese are sharper or sillier than any other people. China had long history of doing business and created some more experienced businessmen.

As an ancient culture, Chinese culture has its greateness to support it enduring all the difficults and mistakes for more than 2000 years and lasting to today. It is a proven culture and tested by the long human history.

As an ancient culture, Chinese culture also has its drawback. It is hard to accept new idea and new standard because their traditional life style has become part of their life. Intellectual property right is a new idea, no ancient culture has ever had it. It is something that China needs to learn by the time. Voliation of intellectual property right also prevents innovation in China. Company would not want to invest on R&D. China is working on it and becomes the major intellectual property buyer in the world. Of cause, China can not solve its problem over night.

Because of our ancient culture and traditional life style, it makes Chinese hard to be totally localized by their host countries just like the Jews. Some of them may not even speak Chinese any more but still live a Chinese life style to some degree and would not fully get involved into local community, which makes them hard to be welcome by the local people.

On the other hand, discrimination to Chinese by some countries made Chinese even harder to get integrated into local community. For example, IIRC, the discrimination law toward Chinese in America was abolished until WWII.

I don't think that Chinese is any better or worse than others. But I think that Chinese culture is a good culture just like many other cultures around world. Communicating these cultures together, learn from each other and overcome their drawbacks is a way to go.

Talk about Chinese in America, the American statistics show that Chinese American criminal rate is very low and Chinese American college graduate rate is very high, which show some goodness of Chinese culture. On the other hand, Chinese in American has their problems. They hardly go to vote. They normally live in their closed Chinese circle. Even for the religion, they go to their own Chinese church. Hard to get integrated into local community is especially a problem for the Chinese American come from mainland China. I visited America several times and know many of them, although they are very nice to me and give me lot of help when I visit there.

Chinese are improving themselves. Washington state got a governer of Chinese American. Many Chinese have been pretty much localized. We had first Chinese citizen in American army died in Iraq, who fights for his host country, although his parents did not want him to join the army.
    I am here for exchanging opinions.
Working...
X