• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe into sick Army initiation

Probe into sick Army initiation

By JOHN KAY

Chief Reporter
    January 23, 2007

TWO teen rookie soldiers were forced to lick a urine-soaked floor in a sick initiation ceremony, it was revealed yesterday.

They were among a group of 30 privates reporting for duty with the 2nd Battalion Royal Green Jackets.

Junior NCOs organised an initiation quiz — with various forfeits for wrong answers. When the two 19-year-old privates gave incorrect replies, they had to get down on their knees and lick the floor which was covered with urine.

Three junior NCOs and a rifleman have been removed from duty in an investigation into the incident at the Green Jackets’ barracks in Bulford, Hants. Top brass were said to be “horrified” by the scandal, which follows a series of bullying revelations. Last night senior military sources confirmed the privates had been forced to lick the floor but said they “chose” to lick urine.

The Ministry of Defence said: “The Army takes duty of care very seriously. If evidence is found of wrong-doing, action will be taken against those responsible.”

A senior officer said: “This appears to have been a moment of madness.”

thesun.co.uk

A rather unfortunate show.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

The same thing happened to one of my friends while being ragged at a hostel of a famous Univ. where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by MarquezRazor View Post
        The same thing happened to one of my friends while being ragged at a hostel of a famous Univ. where I live.
        I've heard of apprentices being subjected to similar 'initiation' rites. The practice is certainly not a new one.
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltonian View Post
          Last night senior military sources confirmed the privates had been forced to lick the floor but said they “chose” to lick urine.
          Jeez, I wonder what the choice was.

Comment

Originally posted by bandwagon View Post
            Jeez, I wonder what the choice was.
            A posting to Deepcut Bks perhaps ?

Comment

No, there seems to have been a choice of what they could lick off the floor.

And they chose urine..

Comment

Bandwagon , in all the time i served in the forces i never ever witnessed or heard of this sort of act going on ,i cant imagine any soldier worth the name who would submit themselves to this disgusting act ,

I FOR ONE WOULD NOT SUBMIT, AND SOMEONE WOULD HAVE BEEN A SORRY SIGHT FOR TRYING TO MAKE ME

Comment

Working...
                X