Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for BB fans:

starbulletin.com | News | /2007/01/22/

Nice post Rick. Surprising to see them allow someone beyond the forward bulkhead and into the gun pit itself/cradletray area. (Would have thought insurance would have prevented that from happening). Some numbers they use are different then the ones we use for tour purposes aboard New Jersey. I also see that they have removed the optical range finder in turret one as well. The Iowas have been using the optics in turret two for ranging for sometime before their retirement.

One question I have for Rusty is how could Mo use 100 men for 1 turret operation when New Jersey only used 77 men per turret in all operations. I cant imagine stuffing another 23 men even down on the shell deck levels.Hmm unless ofcourse they are counting gunnery officers and the men in gun plot as well in this count. Obviously I need to do some reading.

But overall Mo looks great. Nice article :)
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 23 Jan 07,, 14:45.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Having squeezed around inside Alabama's Turret 1, I've got a deep respect for those turret operators during wartime and drills.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Having squeezed around inside Alabama's Turret 1, I've got a deep respect for those turret operators during wartime and drills.
        Oh Absolutely TH
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Working...
        X