'Hoodie' toddler banned from shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Hoodie' toddler banned from shop

A toddler has been banned from a North Yorkshire shop for wearing a hoodie.
    Two-year-old Jay Cowper was wrapped up against the cold in a brown jacket with a furry hood when he went shopping with his grandfather in York.

Jay was asked to remove his hood by staff at Monkton Road Stores because of a "no hoodie" policy designed to tackle problems with troublemakers.

His grandfather refused out of principle and the pair were forced to leave the store.

'Will not rob'

Jay's grandmother Brenda Cowper branded the decision "ridiculous".

She said: "As soon as he walked in he (the owner) said 'do you mind asking the little boy to take his hood down'.

"My husband looked at him and said 'he is only two-and-a-half, he is not going to rob you'."

"The shop owner said 'well, it's my policy that nobody comes in and gets served with a hood up'.

"So my husband said he would go somewhere else and with that he just walked out."

The owner of Monkton Road Stores said his shop had been a constant target of crime and he could not afford to make any exceptions.

If you dont mind me asking, where are you from?

Comment

Nottingham, England.

Comment

Next time all 3 of them should go to the store in burkhas. If the store manager says something, then yell "racism bigotry intolerance...etc."
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I don't know, that kid looks like a hellraiser...
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by I am English View Post
            England.
            I had a funny feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
              I don't know, that kid looks like a hellraiser...
              Highsea can you also see the likeness to Machine Gun Kelly? Yep ,a real tough looking dude alright!!

Comment

"It's my policy that nobody comes in and gets served with a hood up."

Hey I bet that kid had a gun taped to the back of his head by his Grandpa. Wow - I'm really glad that shop owner had that policy - who knows what could have happened.

This no tolerance crap goes to far and common sense gets lost.
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                  Hey I bet that kid had a gun taped to the back of his head by his Grandpa. Wow - I'm really glad that shop owner had that policy -.
                  Oh no way, you thought a gun? I was thinking a nuke, God knows those little hood-wearing toddlers have a real fetish for transporting nukes on the backs of their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    Next time all 3 of them should go to the store in burkhas. If the store manager says something, then yell "racism bigotry intolerance...etc."

Brill , , but there again the kid could have been armed with a flick dummy / pacifier , and also lets face it , the kid may have been harbouring in his feed bottle , 10 ounces of tri nitro tolulane , in which case the hood becomes a valiant helmet
                    Last edited by tankie; 23 Jan 07,, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                      I had a funny feeling.

Woah... what gave you the idea?

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                        Brill , , but there again the kid could have been armed with a flick dummy / pacifier , and also lets face it , the kid may have been harbouring in his feed bottle , 10 ounces of tri nitro tolulane , in which case the hood becomes a valiant helmet
                        His dummy was filled with Nitro with which he was going to blow up the politically correct noddy books!!

Comment

No hoodie policy? :D We call scarfer girls hoodies around here. How cut off from the world cultures do you have to be to understand that a lot of people wear head coverings around the world. It is as normal as this kid wearing a hood to protect against the cold!

I know my nephew is always forced to keep his on. He's always complaining to his parents that he's indoors and should be allowed to take it off. Only thing is kids don't like it so its a struggle getting them on the first time. Once its off, they expect it to stay it that way.

I'd understand security reasons. And thus a face veil + burkha shouldn't be allowed. But simple head covering? I'm just mentioning this since this is obviously a for the muslims policy but they have to apply it to EVERYONE and hence this poor kid's incident is just collateral damage.

Western countries have some individuals trying to make life difficult for Muslims there thinking it somehow sends a message to the terrorists. They don't realize how they screw up all the good things in their country which made their country so much better than most other Muslim countries.

Comment

I have it on good authority that this toddler is a member of Peoples Republique Armee Militaire ;) And that he was actively involved in Bombs United Guevara (is) God Youth. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil View Post
                              No hoodie policy? :D We call scarfer girls hoodies around here. How cut off from the world cultures do you have to be to understand that a lot of people wear head coverings around the world. It is as normal as this kid wearing a hood to protect against the cold!

I know my nephew is always forced to keep his on. He's always complaining to his parents that he's indoors and should be allowed to take it off. Only thing is kids don't like it so its a struggle getting them on the first time. Once its off, they expect it to stay it that way.

I'd understand security reasons. And thus a face veil + burkha shouldn't be allowed. But simple head covering? I'm just mentioning this since this is obviously a for the muslims policy but they have to apply it to EVERYONE and hence this poor kid's incident is just collateral damage.

Western countries have some individuals trying to make life difficult for Muslims there thinking it somehow sends a message to the terrorists. They don't realize how they screw up all the good things in their country which made their country so much better than most other Muslim countries.

Here youths use hoodies for intimidation. They're white youths that want to be black, they're white street ****, ie chavs.

Comment

Working...
                              X