Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day for US troops over here!

3rd-deadliest day of war for U.S. troops - Conflict in Iraq - MSNBC.com
    The 5 killed by the militia where MIA for awhile and our unit was helping to look for them. Someone found them, not alive though =(
    Last edited by Parihaka; 21 Jan 07,, 06:56. Reason: cleaning up link error

Present Arms

Comment

Tragic
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Off topic.

Any one has seen the video footage of the British troops rescuing their fallen comrade in Afghanistan?

I could not make it out, but the soldiers were strapped outside the helicopter.

Great recovery though since rescue became late!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

It is days like this that really make staying the course unwaveringly really hard.
          In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
          The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

How so Stan? If you mean an about face and pulling the troops out then I will take issue. Terrorist will not suddenly get all peacefull like if we pull our troops. Infact, the terrorist will gladly take their fight to our shores if given half a chance. I would much rather the terrorist stay on the ME s h i t hole side of the planet so my friends, family, and I can live our lives without worrying what local supermarket the next suicide bomber will hit.

Now if you are meaning a shift/change in directives of how we can adjust our course to get better results then I am all ears.
            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Firing party. Attention. Fire Three Volleys. Ready, aim, fire, aim, fire, aim, fire.

Comment

Wabpilot, sadly a common command
                Last edited by dave lukins; 22 Jan 07,, 02:24.

Comment

The Chosen One Reply

Keep a low profile. Good luck to you. We'll expect to hear from you stateside at some point soon, I hope.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I salute our fallen countrymen... godspeed to every service member in Iraq.
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      How so Stan? If you mean an about face and pulling the troops out then I will take issue. Terrorist will not suddenly get all peacefull like if we pull our troops. Infact, the terrorist will gladly take their fight to our shores if given half a chance. I would much rather the terrorist stay on the ME s h i t hole side of the planet so my friends, family, and I can live our lives without worrying what local supermarket the next suicide bomber will hit.

Now if you are meaning a shift/change in directives of how we can adjust our course to get better results then I am all ears.
                      You're misreading me. I'm not suggesting any about face. I'm just saying its really saddens me that our countrymen are dying, nothing more.
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                        You're misreading me. I'm not suggesting any about face. I'm just saying its really saddens me that our countrymen are dying, nothing more.
                        I was not sure. I am for tweaking the way we do things, but we need clear and attainable goals and focus. Changing for the sake of change could erase what gains we haveand I do not want our soldiers dying in vain. By and large our troops are doing a great job and they deserve nothing less than our full support.
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          By and large our troops are doing a great job and they deserve nothing less than our full support.
                          Word.

Comment

Just so nobody misunderstands what happened, and who we're fighting:

One US soldier died on the scene; four others were taken away, then executed.

They're vermin, they're scum. They are not the Minutemen, and we're not the British, even though Michael Moore would have you believe otherwise.

And THIS is who Murtha, Pelosi, Kennedy et al believes should inherit Iraq, after driving US troops out?

Terrorists are heartless, Democrats are spineless, and the people that support a bug-out are brainless. Natural allies to form a coalition to defeat the US and decent Iraqis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                              Just so nobody misunderstands what happened, and who we're fighting: One US soldier died on the scene; four others were taken away, then executed.
                              I need some independent documentation of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X