Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Here Ever Been Hypnotized?

I was just wondering what it is like.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

You don't know anything about it until one day you wake up and your sports car has turned into a family sedan that smells of rotten milk, two small children throw food at you across the breakfast table and the hypnotist says "where's my cup of tea"
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      You don't know anything about it until one day you wake up and your sports car has turned into a family sedan that smells of rotten milk, two small children throw food at you across the breakfast table and the hypnotist says "where's my cup of tea"
      hahahahahaha

Comment

Now I know to steer clear of those claiming to be hypnotists
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

LOL!

I get hypnotised by short skirts!;)

Comment

Originally posted by MarquezRazor View Post
            Wow, really? I thought I was the only one
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by MarquezRazor View Post
              LOL!

Short skirts, Bare midriffs, plunging necklines always get my focus.

But I don't get hypnotized because I'm a "shuttle thinker". I cannot concentrate on one item long enough to go into a trance. I'd be looking at the swinging watch and think about the hexagon shaped clocks we had in grammar school, then think about what time it really is, then calculating if it's early enough to call our niece in Venezuela, then keeping my promise to repair the lawn sprinkler, etc., etc.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

From my understanding - hypnosis is good for the short term only. Some people use for a style change method - losing weight, quitting smoking, fear of flying, etc. More designed to steer the person to either change habits or an ideology until the the person is able to take control and power over the change.
                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                  From my understanding - hypnosis is good for the short term only. Some people use for a style change method - losing weight, quitting smoking, fear of flying, etc.
                  I believe you're correct.

I seem to recall hearing about an actor who went to a hypnotist to quit smoking several years ago. But then I read a recent article that mentioned in passing that he was smoking a cig.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Hypnotised

I was recovering from an injury and was spending all of my time in bed. I was hypnotised to not sleep longer than nine hours. It seems that after nine hours your metabolism slows down hindering the healing process.
                    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      I believe you're correct.

I seem to recall hearing about an actor who went to a hypnotist to quit smoking several years ago. But then I read a recent article that mentioned in passing that he was smoking a cig.

As in most things in life - you have to want/desire to make the change a permament one. I have nothing against short-term solutions they are for some a much needed catalyst and provide results at first. But, if the want/desire isn't strong enough to be permanent, it's then easier to go back to the old behavior than it is to make the change lifelong.
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                        I was recovering from an injury and was spending all of my time in bed. I was hypnotised to not sleep longer than nine hours. It seems that after nine hours your metabolism slows down hindering the healing process.
                        Many years ago, I was told that when a person lays down to sleep - and a certain time is need to wake - repeat to yourself the time for waking as you gently lift and lower your head on the pillow. For instance, you want to get up at 4:00 lift and lower your head 4 times while repeating the number 4 each time. Now this may sound bizarre, but over the course of my life I have done this and woke up at the time I wanted to. A form of self hypnosis or just plain dumb luck - not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                          Short skirts, Bare midriffs, plunging necklines always get my focus.

But I don't get hypnotized because I'm a "shuttle thinker". I cannot concentrate on one item long enough to go into a trance. I'd be looking at the swinging watch and think about the hexagon shaped clocks we had in grammar school, then think about what time it really is, then calculating if it's early enough to call our niece in Venezuela, then keeping my promise to repair the lawn sprinkler, etc., etc.

Aptitude test.

Question1.

Calculate....5 marks.

If..Swing watch>Hexagon clock>time>niece in venezuela>repair lawn sprinkler.

then ..plunging necklines>?.........

Comment

Have you ever seen the movie Wild Things? I know I was hypnotized...
                            In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                            The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

I always get hypnotized by this website:

Badger Badger Badger
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X