Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life goals

What are your goals of this life?

My goal is to basically experience as many things as possible, that doesn't include causing anyone else harm.

Although, I can now come to think of two experiences which I prioritate. These are to travel alot in the world, and to have a family with someone who I love.
    If I weren't aware, I wouldn't be alive.

Serve in the IDF with honor, find my soulmate, among others...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Like the whole seeing the world agenda of yours. But it's not my nature to just observe any bad people in anyplaces I may visit.

After all, thats where my true hatred for Russian Army comes from.

Comment

My goal in life: take it day by day

Comment

Sort of like Charlie Brown: Suffers one day at a time.
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I'd love to become Premier of Tasmania, and have a harmonious home life. I'd love to help spread the knowledge of the Word, and to grow more in the faith.

I'd also really like to do a lot of bushwalking. Western Canada, the length of Britain, the Appalachian Trail, some of the walks in the Snowy Mountians, as well as finish doing the ones in Tassie.

I've already done the Overland Track and the Walls of Jerusalem and the Hazards, but anyway.
            SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

What are the Walls of Jerusalem?

Comment

:) So glad you asked. To put it simply, the Walls are the most beautiful place in the world IMO.

It's a National Park in the Tasmanian Central Highlands, named by some explorer who went with a strong Zionist theme when naming the features. There is a Mount Jerusalem, King David's Peak, Herod's Gate, Pool of Bethesda and so on.

There are a variety of bushwalks to do in the park, ranging from daywalks, to 2-week expeditions. I've gone swimming there in the summer, and camped in a foot and a half of snow.

I have a lot of photos, I'll have to scan some in. For now here's some I found online:

http://www.geoffmurray.com/walls_of_...ional_park.htm

I love bushwalking/hiking/rambling. Getting up at 2am in the middle of Tasmanian winter to climb our highest peak to watch the sunrise... awesome.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Damn, that looks nice. I go on hikes with school, haven't been on too many with the family.

Comment

I go with my mates. When you are walking 90+ k's of rough terrain in 4 days you have to keep a fairly punishing pace. I go camping with my family every year down the coast, but it's a very different experience. We cart along the campervan, and sleep in cabins.

When my mates and I go, we carry everything on our backs, and sleep in tents. I still remember the first time I woke up with ice on my sleeping bag and beanie. (It was -13 celcius outside).

Ahhh, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Sounds like real fun. We mostly have desert out here. Fun to trek in during the morning and late afternoon. Noontime and early afternoon arent as fun, but still pretty cool to see. At night it's literally hell. We try never to hike at night, but we've done it once or twice. Freezing cold, impossible to see where you're going, and usually ravines and gullies in the area.

Comment

Yeah, Australia has a lot of desert, but if I was going to venture into the Simpson, I'd either drive, or at least ride horseback.

Part of the beauty of Tasmania is so much of it is inaccessible except by foot (or helicopter, if you are a rich mongrel). That means few people go there, and the ones that do are cool, not mac donalds eating tourists.

The worst thing about walking at night was the ice. sections of the walks in Tassie a made up of rough-split logs, to keep the walkers out of the mud and to do as little damage to the environment as possible.

Anyway, the logs are great normally, but when they are covered with ice, I'd rather the frozen mud.

You slip over a lot, and when you have been walking all day, and are carrying a 20+ kilo pack, getting up is a hassle.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Since these are school trips and there are buses, we only carry about 10 kb max on our backs. Standard kit is at least 4 liters of water per person, three Jerricans per 25 kids, cap, camera and whatever goodies and munchies you wanna bring.

Comment

Well, last trip I carried my sleepinig bag, the tent (a 3-man one), sleeping mat, wet weather gear, several changes of thermal underwear, gloves + beanie, plus the chocolate.

Other members of the group carried the food. Our groups packs averaged at just under 20 kilos, but some of my friends carry 30 kilos comfortably.

Water is not a problem in the central highlands, you only have to carry one bottle, which you can refil at one of the creeks or tarns you come across every 10 minutes. Water is much more of a problem in the coastal parks, especially Freycinet Penninsula, as you have to carry pretty much all the water you are going to drink for the entire trip.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

What's a beanie? I could probably carry 20 kg if I tried, but I could never do 30. How far do you average every day?

Comment

Working...
                              X