PDA

View Full Version : Your battlecry

Stinger
04 Sep 03,, 19:09
Maybe the board won't eat this one :D

http://bdmonkeys.net/~chaz/battle.php?username=&sex=m

Striding over the freeway, clutching a vorpal blade, cometh Stinger! And he gives an ominous roar:

"Blood and souls for my dark lord! I lay waste to all I see like a four-year-old on a sugar rampage!"

Sprinting on the terrain, swinging buzzsaw hand extensions, cometh Kevin Herron! And he gives an ominous howl:

"I'm going to pound you until you bleed out your eyes!!"

bigross86
04 Sep 03,, 22:16
Yea, verily: Who is that, sprinting across the steppes! It is Bigross86, hands clutching a burning branch! And with a vengeful scream, his voice cometh:

"I'm going to torment you until you deflate!"

Who is that, prowling through the candy store! It is Ben Gross, hands clutching a sharpened screwdriver! He bellows ominously:

"I'm going to hump you so thoroughly, your momma won't recognize you!"

Lo! Who is that, rampaging along the steppes! It is Ben, hands clutching a piece of chainlink fence! He roars gutterally:

"I'm going to beat you so badly, you will wake up from the Matrix!!"

Ziska
05 Sep 03,, 08:27
Fist I ran through my current login, Ziska, and got this craptastic result:

Stalking through the steppes, wielding a reflective halberd, cometh Ziska! And he gives an ominous roar:

"I'm going to torment you until you're translucent!!!"

until you're translucent!!!??? WTF sort of demise is that?

Anyway, so I ran through my other commonly used login, Wyvern:

Striding across the mini-mall parking lot, clutching a burning branch, cometh Wyvern! And he gives a bloodthirsty howl:

"By Odin's mighty spear, I carve into flesh until my glands are satisfied!!"

I'm not exactly sure how one satisfies ones glands, but by Odin, I'll carve you until I do!

And last, I ran through my real name Tasman:

Rampaging through the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Tasman! And he gives a low roar:

"I'm seriously going to hack into your brain, and type rm -rf !"

WTH this was the worst of the lot! This thing has potential, but a pretty much complete lack of correlation between the info you enter in and the result you get makes it crappy.

Seriously though, what sort of battlecry would you use if you were in a situation that demanded one? Depending on the situation, I'd either use 'Noctes Diesque' (my family motto), Soli Deo Gloria (To God the Glory Alone), or 'Remember X!' where X is some notable victory (or defeat) I'd had with this enemy. (Like Remember the Alamo, or Remember Singapore)

bigross86
05 Sep 03,, 10:49
When I play Paintball, my battle cry is either "The Canadians Are Coming!!!" or "Sharon!!!". Occasionaly I'd yell "Moosemen!!!" and than charge with my buddy at my side.

Ziska
05 Sep 03,, 11:05
I'm sure there is a rational explanation for each of those warcries...

...just none I can think of. :)

bigross86
05 Sep 03,, 11:08
The Canadians Are Coming is cause my best friend's Canadian and we mock him alot.

Sharon is from watching the Osbournes. One episode where Ozzy is acting really f**ked up by the phone, yelling Sharon over and over again.

Moosemen is what my best friends and I call ourselves. We entered a plane building contest and our gimmick was the Mooseman, a giant moose head above the plane.

Ziska
05 Sep 03,, 12:09
In paintball? I didn't think the charge was used with ranged weapons. My experience of cambat is solely with melee weapons, but I always assumed finding a good spot and camping was the best bet in paintball....

bigross86
05 Sep 03,, 12:12
We always charge in paintball. Got one story thats really long, that onvolved a suicide charge during king of the hill. Was really bruised but won the game for our team. I also shot someone very close to the nuts.

Ziska
05 Sep 03,, 12:33
? OK, I'm not too familiar with how paintball is played in Israel, but a suicide run is still a suicide run... one hit and you're out isn't it?

bigross86
05 Sep 03,, 13:43
Depends what round you're in. And here we play that you're only out if you get hit in the head or torso

Stinger
05 Sep 03,, 13:59
My actual "battle cry" Involved lots of cussing... mostly of the complaining and pissed off variety.

Snipes true battle cry... in a whisper "I see you mother f*cker... now do I want to waste a bullet, or an arty strike on you?"

bigross86
05 Sep 03,, 16:33
LOL! I can totally see snipe with a modified Tippman 98, 4x scope attached, just hiding out in a tree waiting for the first OPFOR troops to show up. And not return.

Lunatock
05 Sep 03,, 20:30
Originally posted by Stinger
My actual "battle cry" Involved lots of cussing... mostly of the complaining and pissed off variety.

Snipes true battle cry... in a whisper "I see you mother f*cker... now do I want to waste a bullet, or an arty strike on you?"

Battle cry? More like a battle thought. September, 98.

Smaller group of unhappy Locals broke off from the main group, left about 150 huddled around my partner in this incident.

With the 80-100 other people standing by me. Waiting for the Church of The Ass Grabber flunkies.

Thought "Those fuckers want to start a war? Now's thier chance to get what they want."

Ray
12 Sep 03,, 09:51
The Sikhs would say 'Kar le Gaal' = 'That's Rich' :dbanana :dbanana

bigross86
13 Sep 03,, 19:04
'Tock, whats that pic in your sig? I recognize that Avatar though.

Lunatock
13 Sep 03,, 20:51
Originally posted by bigross86
'Tock, whats that pic in your sig? I recognize that Avatar though.

Group photo of the good guys from that anime. Girl on the left was the one that was a sig before.

bigross86
13 Sep 03,, 21:28
She looks better (read:hotter) in that pic by herself.

Lunatock
13 Sep 03,, 23:51
Originally posted by bigross86
She looks better (read:hotter) in that pic by herself.

Now I said the one character. Miroku. Looks like Kenny Thomas. But he acts like you. :P

Once again. His first..third line that has him thinking with the wrong head.

"A woman! She has a jewel shard around her neck. And thier...I mean it's huge!"

bigross86
14 Sep 03,, 13:00
Yeah, that completely sounds like something I would say...

Lunatock
14 Sep 03,, 20:26
Well. Your personality may be different. But the philandering creep aspect of that character is quite obvious.

Hmm, no. Your just being a teenager. But do try to put an end..ehhh..severe limit...slight limit? To that behavior before you reach 25. Or else then you'd be thought of as a philandering creep. :D

bigross86
14 Sep 03,, 20:38
This is a motto in my family. Passed down from my great-grandma to my grandma to my mom who all adhere to it:

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional"

You can't imagine how many times I've wanted to kill the guy who coined that phrase.

Soeaking of which, who coined the phrase "to coin a phrase"?

Ray
20 Sep 03,, 08:06
I really don't know how many battle cries are there in this world.

However, I do know that too many CRY whenever there is a battle!:cry:O

The Chap
01 Sep 04,, 03:29
"come an'ave a go if y'think y'ard enough."

Ziska
02 Sep 04,, 01:06
orrr, yore a fkn ded **** neow moite!

seriously, this is how people talk down here.

visioninthedark
02 Sep 04,, 01:42
ok ... so I type in my nick, and this is what I get;

Lo! Who is that, prowling over the wasteland! It is Visioninthedark, hands clutching a meaty axe! And with a bloodthirsty bellow, his voice cometh:

"I'm going to pulverize you until the Earth stands still, and grin like a fucking maniac!!!"

which isn't that bad considering what I got next when I typed in the name my friends call me by;

Running out of the candy store, swinging a meaty axe, cometh Fred! And he gives a vengeful cry:

"I'm going to punch you until you smell like barbeque, and add a notch to my bedpost!!!"

and so I type in my real name and get;

Yea, verily: Who is that, striding across the tarmac! It is ..<.. my name ..>.., hands clutching gilded boxing gloves! And with a cruel grunt, his voice cometh:

"I'm going to fuck you harder than God thought possible, then make toast!!"

oh welll ...

The Chap
02 Sep 04,, 05:07
orrr, yore a fkn ded **** neow moite!

seriously, this is how people talk down here.

Well then, a bit of nostalgia ...

Did you spill my fucking pint?
Do you want some? Do you fucking want some, ****?
Was you looking at my bird? - In case reply is in the negative; either:
Think you're too fucking good for her then?
What? You fink she's a fuckin' minger then? Is that wot you're fuckin' sayin' sunshine?

All of these ethnic British "Closing Time" war cries are usually followed with the traditional refrain of "Outside, you tasty wanker". North London is a charming and special place.

PS I actually toned the language down. Considerably.

Dragoon
03 Sep 04,, 07:01
My younger days were filled with many a joyous mellee. that might just explain my looks...., or lack thereof now that I think of it.

In a Bar, Usualy it was along the Line of..., Get tha fuck out of my face.., or Hey did i tell you your muther is a really hot peace of ass.

I the SCA Society for Creative Anacronism It was Usualy
"For the Queen!" or or whoever my lady fair was at the time.
If your going to get slapped around by some body in heavy armor wielding a heavy ,lightly padded, stick. you might as well earn a few points with the chick.

But now my Fierce cry of war Is " Dont even start with me"

Dragoon

2DREZQ
28 Sep 04,, 22:32
"I'm sorry, but my wife stabbed the last guy who hit me to death, and she just got out on parole, and if she kills anyone else... Well, you understand."