October Surprise: New Osama Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Surprise: New Osama Video

Osama is back with another video shown on his favourite channel Al-Jazeera, once again lecturing USA about its foreign policy and election 2004.

So who do you think is this october suprise from Osama going to help? Bush or Kerry?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3966741.stm

Well I Guess my theory that OBL id dead isn't true, Damn! He stated the safty of Americans is not in the hands of either Kerry OR Bush so it would seem he really dosn't care who wins. He also went on to say Americans can determine their own safty by not attacking any muslim nation, which even CNN reporters stated was not a guarantee given the fact that the U.S. was not engaged in any war before 9/11.

It all depends on weither or not people think either Bush or Kerry can find OBL and stop his little public relations escapade.
    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

I don't think OBL is really a factor any longer. Even if he were out of the picture, another would certainly rise in his place particularly now that so many other terrorist organizations are united under the same umbrella.

His comment about American foreign policy being the issue is true. It has always been our foreign policy that terrorists object to. I really don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with hating our freedom as Bush likes to suggest.
      Last edited by Fonnicker; 30 Oct 04,, 03:26. Reason: spelling

Comment

I feel like busting Bush in the face each time I see this Osama's hideous face on TV!

God-damn this guy really knows how to hide! its just unbelievable how he manages to air one of his grotesque speeches every now and then, and we have to experience the displeasure of seeing his face!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fonnicker
          He comment about American foreign policy being the issue is true. It has always been our foreign policy that terrorists object to. I really don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with hating our freedom as Bush likes to suggest.
          You probably disagree, but in Bush's view, American foreign policy should be about spreading freedom abroad and protecting it at home. Thus if you believed in that, you would see the terrorists as hating freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by lulldapull
            God-damn this guy really knows how to hide! its just unbelievable how he manages to air one of his grotesque speeches every now and then, and we have to experience the displeasure of seeing his face!!

I feel like busting Bush in the face each time I see this Osama's hideous face on TV!
            As I noted before, you are a very objective person. Was 9/11 Bush's fault as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
              As I noted before, you are a very objective person. Was 9/11 Bush's fault as well?
              Well, I supported bush in Afghanistan! I stil support our troops over there! ( Got my former country cleaned up to in this proces, and we have been doing our part in helping out U.S. troops!) But this iraq thing is outta control! We should have left last year after installing this fat baastard Allawi!

Now we have to leave in chaos. Its inevitable.

Bush should be fired more for his incompetence rather than poor decisions. These guys didn't plan right and as many an analyst has pointed out on TV that perhaps its time for someone to get in the White house who can get the job done!

Dubbya ain't doin it! he's been there for 4 years, and today we saw that Goddamn killer on TV again! Thats a slap in all our faces man. Some one who murdered 3000 innocent ppl is out free threatening us, while this bible bigot is involved in suppressing a guerilla war in a country that had nothing to do with 9-11!

now don't get me wrong I wouldn't be *****ing had we done things right in Iraq! but this level of incompetence on this administrations part is unforgivable :) Let Kerry come, at least he'll let us make a face saving exit and get them Germans and Frenchies and the surrounding camel jockeys involved in moving some mud.

Comment

Originally posted by lulldapull
                Well, I supported bush in Afghanistan! I stil support our troops over there!
                Which is interesting, but you ignored my question.

But this iraq thing is outta control!
                Well, the people on the ground disagree, but what do then know.

We should have left last year after installing this fat baastard Allawi!
                Retreating in the face of terror results in more terrorism, and Allawi is a courageous individual who is trying to fix a state run down by years of Saddam's oppression, not a "baastrard."

Now we have to leave in chaos. Its inevitable.
                Not really.

Bush should be fired more for his incompetence rather than poor decisions. These guys didn't plan right and as many an analyst has pointed out on TV
                So you let the box do the thinking for you.

that perhaps its time for someone to get in the White house who can get the job done!
                And this person is? John Kerry? ha

Dubbya ain't doin it! he's been there for 4 years, and today we saw that Goddamn killer on TV again! Thats a slap in all our faces man.
                I'm not your "man."

Some one who murdered 3000 innocent ppl is out free threatening us,
                And someone who killed over a million innocent people is in a cell.

while this bible bigot
                As I said, very objective.

is involved in suppressing a guerilla war in a country that had nothing to do with 9-11!
                The war is called the "War on terrorism." This is noticeably different then the "War on OBL."

now don't get me wrong I wouldn't be *****ing had we done things right in Iraq!
                Which would be leaving the country a year ago so it could break down in to civil war resulting in millions of deaths. Good plan.

but this level of incompetence on this administrations part is unforgivable
                I certainly would prefer Bush's judgment to yours.

Let Kerry come, at least he'll let us make a face saving exit
                By face saving, do you mean sending more troops there because that's what Kerry says he wants?

and get them Germans and Frenchies and the surrounding camel jockeys involved in moving some mud.
                Why would the French and Germans send troops to die for "a mistake?"

Comment

The war in Afghanistan was pointing the world's nose in the right direction. It should have been pursued to its logical conclusion (to use the worn out cliché). It mysteriously petered off in intensity and is now struggling along.

Afghanistan is still ‘bad lands’. Some of my boys are there building roads. It is not still safe or hunky dory and I reckon they are the guys who are on the ground! But they are scouting along.

I would disagree with Lull. It is too late to pull out of Iraq, be it Kerry or Bush at the helm of affairs. The whole situation has now spun out of control. It is like a high speed fighter jet in a tailspin. Even bailing out would cause some spinal fracture but the aircraft anyway will be a total loss.

If Iraq was under control then there would be no requirement of flattening Fallujah daily for the mysterious terrorists. Nor would a beheaded torso be found daily (today, it is a Japanese) or a whole lot of folks awaiting beheading and displayed in pathetic state on the Al ********ara. Therefore, I wonder what the folks on ground are finding in control. It is a Snafu. Situation normal all fouled up.

To bring under control, Iraq requires a whole lot of troop and equipment. It just can't be done by the US alone. Yet, I find it rather difficult to visualise the international community climbing on to the bandwagon. Nor do I think that it is feasible with the number of troops on ground currently.

In so far as Allawi being courageous is a matter of opinion. Courage within the confines of Fortress Iraq is not that difficult. However, if it was Allawi, then who else? Chalabi? Bin Sistani, bin Mostada or bin Zarqawi?

It would be wrong to outrightly attribute that Iraq was a mess because of Saddam. It was because of the air siege and sanctions! Iraq was fine (by Middle East standards) till it was turned heels over head.

Osama is the big fish. Saddam being in the cell is immaterial.

The War on Terrorism in not War on OBL. True. But then where was terrorism in Iraq before the US came? If we even consider Saddam a terrorist, for one terrorist we have spawned a million! Odd logic.

If the US quits Iraq will break into civil war. Of course it is not a good plan. But then who brought Iraq to this situation and that too unilaterally?

Can Iraq be brought in ship shape with the troops already there? Iraqi troops are useless.

Therefore, all the arguments now put forward, is shutting the stable doors after the horses have fled!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by bluedust
                    Osama is back with another video shown on his favourite channel Al-Jazeera, once again lecturing USA about its foreign policy and election 2004.

So who do you think is this october suprise from Osama going to help? Bush or Kerry?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3966741.stm
                    Honestly, I think this is going to help Bush big time. When it boils down to fight on terrorism, Americans think that Bush is more effective than Kerry, and this video brought the threat back into our living rooms. Unfortunately, I'm sure this is exactly what OBL intended. He is a major nutjob and a criminal, but he ain´t stupid. Another 4 years of Bush can only help him. GWB has not achieved catching him in his first term, and I´m sure he doesn´t expect to be caught during a second Bush term. In fact, that guy looked pretty healthy and happy on the tape yesterday. Clearly alive and well, in fact, even relaxed and comfortable. So why would he want to change things? He knows that Kerry could get much more international support in Iraq or, as a matter of fact, anywhere in the world. Freeing up a lot more resources to hunt him down. Maybe Kerry would even make him his focus in the fight against Terrorism (which would be smart to do). He for sure does not want that, so going ahead and doing some campaigning for Bush is exactly what he needed to do. Smart... but let´s hope Americans won´t fall for this.
                    We'll see on tuesday.

Comment

In fact, my honest and sincere believe is that a

Vote for Bush is a Vote for Osama Bin Laden.

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
                        Well I Guess my theory that OBL id dead isn't true, Damn! He stated the safty of Americans is not in the hands of either Kerry OR Bush so it would seem he really dosn't care who wins. He also went on to say Americans can determine their own safty by not attacking any muslim nation, which even CNN reporters stated was not a guarantee given the fact that the U.S. was not engaged in any war before 9/11.

It all depends on weither or not people think either Bush or Kerry can find OBL and stop his little public relations escapade.

I am surprised that you had such a theory to begin with.
                        This was like Osama's 5-6th tape in last 3 years. All previous tapes were analysed by experts and authenticated. May be you ought to pay more attention to news!
                        This october surprise from Osama is definitely going to help Bush. Osama tape was reminder of why war on terror is being fought, and when it comes to war on terror Bush enjoys lead over Kerry.
                        Did anyone notice how well informed Osama appeared? That could only mean one thing, he is living in a area where he has access to media, most likely a Pakistani city!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                          I would disagree with Lull. It is too late to pull out of Iraq, be it Kerry or Bush at the helm of affairs. The whole situation has now spun out of control. It is like a high speed fighter jet in a tailspin. Even bailing out would cause some spinal fracture but the aircraft anyway will be a total loss.

If Iraq was under control then there would be no requirement of flattening Fallujah daily for the mysterious terrorists. Nor would a beheaded torso be found daily (today, it is a Japanese) or a whole lot of folks awaiting beheading and displayed in pathetic state on the Al ********ara. Therefore, I wonder what the folks on ground are finding in control. It is a Snafu. Situation normal all fouled up.
                          Would you concede that there is middle ground between complete control and complete anarchy?

To bring under control, Iraq requires a whole lot of troop and equipment. It just can't be done by the US alone. Yet, I find it rather difficult to visualise the international community climbing on to the bandwagon. Nor do I think that it is feasible with the number of troops on ground currently.
                          I believe the solution is to train Iraqis.

In so far as Allawi being courageous is a matter of opinion. Courage within the confines of Fortress Iraq is not that difficult.
                          It really isn’t just my opinion. The guy has survived numerous assassination attempts. Plus the fact that if he fails, he’s a dead man. Like it or not, you have to have balls to be the PM of Iraq.

It would be wrong to outrightly attribute that Iraq was a mess because of Saddam. It was because of the air siege and sanctions! Iraq was fine (by Middle East standards) till it was turned heels over head.
                          Saddam brought the sanctions on Iraq by invading Kuwait and then steadfastly refusing to cooperate. As to the "air siege" that was in place to prevent Saddam from killing millions of his own people.

Osama is the big fish.
                          I tend to doubt this. When we catch him, someone else replace him. AQ is a cult of ideology not of personality.

Saddam being in the cell is immaterial.
                          Here's an interesting question: If you had to send one person to hell who would it be, OBL or Saddam?

The War on Terrorism in not War on OBL. True. But then where was terrorism in Iraq before the US came? If we even consider Saddam a terrorist, for one terrorist we have spawned a million! Odd logic.
                          Remember that many of those we are fighting in Iraq would be predisposed to becoming terrorists anyway. Personal, I'd rather be fighting them in Iraq rather then outside cockpit doors. Also, I would like to see your prove that the war "spawned a million" terrorists.

If the US quits Iraq will break into civil war. Of course it is not a good plan. But then who brought Iraq to this situation and that too unilaterally?
                          Even if you dismiss all the other Collation partners, Britain has committed enough troops to be considered a full partner. Thus, at least bilaterally.

Can Iraq be brought in ship shape with the troops already there? Iraqi troops are useless.
                          They are better trained then those they are fighting, thus not useless.

Comment

Originally posted by limulus
                            Vote for Bush is a Vote for Osama Bin Laden.
                            Funny, I believe the exact opposite. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
                              Funny, I believe the exact opposite. Go figure.
                              That´s interesting. Would you please tell me why you think so. More specifically, what do you think Bush would do, what Kerry wouldn´t do to find Bin Laden and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                              X