X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Thinner Than Oil?

7 Bush Cousins Launch Pro-Kerry Web Site
    By KEN MAGUIRE, Associated Press Writer

BOSTON - There goes the invitation to the Texas ranch.

Seven distant relatives of President Bush (news - web sites) have created a Web site urging visitors: "Please, don't vote for our cousin."

The Bush relatives, supporters of Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites), say they've never met the president but disagree with his policies ranging from the war in Iraq (news - web sites) to the environment.

The Web site was launched in late September "to help America heal from the sickness it has suffered since George Bush (news - web sites) was appointed president in 2000."

"I don't really feel like it's a betrayal," said Sheila House, the president's second cousin and co-creator of the site. "I'll definitely admit that we're using the relationship as a hook to get people to talk about politics."

The people behind the Web site are all grandchildren of Mary Bush House, the sister of Prescott Bush, who was the father and grandfather of the two Bush presidents. That makes them second cousins of the president.

The idea came about when Kerry spotted Sheila House's cousin, Jeanny House, at a rally waving a sign that read "Bush Relative for Kerry." They shook hands and Kerry joked about creating a Web site, Sheila House said.

The site, which includes the headline, "Because blood is thinner than oil!" offers testimonials from the Bush relatives.

The Bush campaign did not return a call seeking comment.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sins&e=1&ncid=

Originally posted by Julie
    7 Bush Cousins Launch Pro-Kerry Web Site
    By KEN MAGUIRE, Associated Press Writer

BOSTON - There goes the invitation to the Texas ranch.

Seven distant relatives of President Bush (news - web sites) have created a Web site urging visitors: "Please, don't vote for our cousin."

The Bush relatives, supporters of Democratic challenger John Kerry (news - web sites), say they've never met the president but disagree with his policies ranging from the war in Iraq (news - web sites) to the environment.

The Web site was launched in late September "to help America heal from the sickness it has suffered since George Bush (news - web sites) was appointed president in 2000."

"I don't really feel like it's a betrayal," said Sheila House, the president's second cousin and co-creator of the site. "I'll definitely admit that we're using the relationship as a hook to get people to talk about politics."

The people behind the Web site are all grandchildren of Mary Bush House, the sister of Prescott Bush, who was the father and grandfather of the two Bush presidents. That makes them second cousins of the president.

The idea came about when Kerry spotted Sheila House's cousin, Jeanny House, at a rally waving a sign that read "Bush Relative for Kerry." They shook hands and Kerry joked about creating a Web site, Sheila House said.

The site, which includes the headline, "Because blood is thinner than oil!" offers testimonials from the Bush relatives.

The Bush campaign did not return a call seeking comment.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sins&e=1&ncid=

I stumbled upon that website a week or so ago. It gave me a laugh. I brushed it off as a 7-degrees of Kevin Bacon kind of thing.

Comment

We're all cousins, or closer. ;)
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
        We're all cousins, or closer. ;)
        Yeah, small world isn't it? ;)

Comment

Working...
        X