PDA

View Full Version : Ministry of Propaganda

Ironduke
08 Jan 07,, 13:33
I've changed the name of the "WAB: Information, Announcements, and Suggestions" forum to "Ministry of Propaganda". Rest assured that this is tongue-in-cheek, "self"-deprecating, and in jest, and is meant to convey a better sense of theme. ;)

Srirangan
08 Jan 07,, 16:37
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/4/W/baghdadbob_conquer.jpg

MarquezRazor
08 Jan 07,, 18:26
Sri that was funny:biggrin:

-edit: image removed by Ironduke

MarquezRazor
08 Jan 07,, 21:10
Oops..was that in-appropriate:redface:

Ironduke
08 Jan 07,, 21:22
Oops..was that in-appropriate:redface:
Just a little bit.

Perhaps The Information Ministry might be an even better title? I hate to change things around too much in such a short period of time, but if it was more humorous, yet appropriate, it would serve the WAB community well.

ArmchairGeneral
08 Jan 07,, 22:15
Just a little bit.

Perhaps The Information Ministry might be an even better title? I hate to change things around too much in such a short period of time, but if it was more humorous, yet appropriate, it would serve the WAB community well.

A little too obscure, if you ask me. M of P is just right.

Ironduke
08 Jan 07,, 22:33
A little too obscure, if you ask me. M of P is just right.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Iraqi Information Ministry would be very obvious, but very misleading ;). It will remain as M of P.

sappersgt
09 Jan 07,, 00:52
Excellent choice. It shows a dry cynical sense of humor. The Brits are starting to rub off on you!:biggrin:

Srirangan
09 Jan 07,, 02:07
"Ironduke's Duchy" ... ??

Ironduke
09 Jan 07,, 02:44
Excellent choice. It shows a dry cynical sense of humor. The Brits are starting to rub off on you!:biggrin:
I've always had a dry cynical sense of humor. So dry, a certain poster I won't name here always thinks I'm serious :rolleyes:

MarquezRazor
09 Jan 07,, 11:38
Just a little bit.

Yeah M of P is fine.

And sorry for tht..:biggrin: :)

glyn
09 Jan 07,, 15:15
I've always had a dry cynical sense of humor. So dry, a certain poster I won't name here always thinks I'm serious :rolleyes:

Good choice of font, size and colour, O Ferrous One. I entirely approve. As we used to say in the Services 'Well done, that man there!'

Ironduke
09 Jan 07,, 16:31
I don't mean to nitpick, but you've misspelled the word 'color'. The premier English-speaking nation should set precedence for word spellings without regard to historical considerations. ;)

Just kidding, of course. :biggrin:

Srirangan
09 Jan 07,, 16:41
Colour.

Srirangan
09 Jan 07,, 16:41
The premier English-speaking nation should set precedence for word spellings without regard to historical considerations.
That would be us not US. :biggrin:

glyn
09 Jan 07,, 17:09
I don't mean to nitpick, but you've misspelled the word 'color'. The premier English-speaking nation should set precedence for word spellings without regard to historical considerations. ;)

Just kidding, of course. :biggrin:

I know you are kidding, dear heart, and the day the ex-colony (formerly known as New Albion') starts using the English language the happier we all shall be. At present we still remain two nations divided by a single language. [Well, one of us uses it and the other mangles it.] :tongue:

MarquezRazor
09 Jan 07,, 17:22
[Well, one of us uses it and the other mangles it.] :tongue:

LOL!:biggrin:

Dont look at me.I am the leftover of British Legacy!;)

Ironduke
09 Jan 07,, 17:31
Glyn, you surely cannot blame us! Your nation is squarely to blame in creating such an abomination... Britain sowed the seeds for a nation of language-manglers, and as the saying goes, what you sow, you reap!

Font size 6! Beat that! :cool:

Ironduke
09 Jan 07,, 17:54
"Ironduke's Duchy" ... ??
Though having made "outlandish" claims of being judge, jury, and executioner...

I am but a humble mason, a steward and architect if you will...

I follow in the old family tradition of masonry, cutting stone from computer code and graphics, and writing letters to use as mortar. ;)

Ray
09 Jan 07,, 18:15
Colour!

Dreadnought
09 Jan 07,, 18:53
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/4/W/baghdadbob_conquer.jpg

I can still remember "BAGDAD BOB" as he was telling the public..."THERE ARE NO U.S. FORCES IN THE IRAQI CAPITAL" ...just as an M1 Abrams rolls past in the background and you see the U.S. flag briefly....LMAO:biggrin: