Bush Popularity Falling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Popularity Falling

This does not sound good for Bush, any president whose popularity rating falls below 50% is not reelected.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...238267,00.html

BUSH POPULARITY FALLING
    A new poll shows President George Bush's popularity has plummeted - just two weeks before he stands for re-election.

His approval rating has gone down to just 44% compared with around 50% a week ago.

However, he is holding on to a narrow lead over Democrat challenger John Kerry.

The poll for the New York Times and CBS puts Mr Bush's popularity at its lowest ever.

A majority of voters said they disapproved of the way Mr Bush had managed the economy and the war in Iraq.

Originally posted by turnagainarm
    This does not sound good for Bush, any president whose popularity rating falls below 50% is not reelected.
    i heard that noone who has lost all 3 debates has ever won the presidency either, it will be interesting to see the results with these pre-indicators.
    Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
    Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
    Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
    Listen to the words long written down
    When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

A majority of voters said they disapproved of the way Mr Bush had managed the economy and the war in Iraq.
      although a majority disaprove of bush's managment of the economy and iraq, your same source reports that "68% said they had a lot more confidence that Mr Bush would make the right decisions to prevent terrorism."

i guess it will depend on what issues are the most important to people at the time they vote.

Comment

This dosn't prove anything, I could look up countless polls and they can all go either way. Polls using the top five polls have bush up by five points. Don't do a victory dance in the second period, when the score is tied.
        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
          This dosn't prove anything, I could look up countless polls and they can all go either way. Polls using the top five polls have bush up by five points. Don't do a victory dance in the second period, when the score is tied.
          What is your basis for saying that the CBS/NewYorkTimes poll is cooked up?

Historically no president has been reelected with a popularity rating below 50%.

Also no candidate has won election after losing all three deabtes.

So Bush has double whammy going against him!

Comment

Historically no president has been reelected with a popularity rating below 50%.

Because he knows everything. When questioned, he just attacks. Any opinion that differs from his is labeled as arrogant. We are after all commies.

Comment

Hmmm I don't recall stating the CBS/NewYorkTimes was cooked up, what a poor attempt to spin my words! My point (and I'll make it again) is that one single poll means nothing, even a poll using the top 8 polls showing Bush ahead by 5 points dosn't signify victory. The 5% of undecided voters will determine the winner in this one.
              Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

did he say that?

Comment

CBS and the NY Times are about as "fair and balanced" as Fox News.
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...238267,00.html

BUSH POPULARITY FALLING
                    A new poll shows President George Bush's popularity has plummeted - just two weeks before he stands for re-election.

His approval rating has gone down to just 44% compared with around 50% a week ago.

However, he is holding on to a narrow lead over Democrat challenger John Kerry.

The poll for the New York Times and CBS puts Mr Bush's popularity at its lowest ever.

Poll: Bush Hits 50 Percent

ABC News

Oct. 19, 2004 — Support for President Bush has crept above the critical 50-percent mark for the first time in two weeks, but one group — new voters — could be John Kerry's wildcard.

Fifty-one percent of likely voters support Bush, 46 percent support Kerry and 1 percent prefer Ralph Nader in the latest ABC News tracking poll, based on interviews Saturday through Monday. That's a slight lead for the president after a 48 percent to 48 percent dead heat the second half of last week.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=179352
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke
                      Poll: Bush Hits 50 Percent

ABC News

Oct. 19, 2004 — Support for President Bush has crept above the critical 50-percent mark for the first time in two weeks, but one group — new voters — could be John Kerry's wildcard.

Fifty-one percent of likely voters support Bush, 46 percent support Kerry and 1 percent prefer Ralph Nader in the latest ABC News tracking poll, based on interviews Saturday through Monday. That's a slight lead for the president after a 48 percent to 48 percent dead heat the second half of last week.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=179352
                      ABC has been a big let down this time, for some ulterior reasons ( pressure from parent comapny Disney??, wants Bush to win this time so Hillary can win in 2008??) it has been subtely supporting Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin
                        Hmmm I don't recall stating the CBS/NewYorkTimes was cooked up, what a poor attempt to spin my words!

You are right, you did not say that. My bad. I inadvertedly read "I could look up countless polls" as "I could cook up countless polls".
                        Sorry about that!

Comment

Originally posted by donnie
                          did he say that?
                          No he did not say that. Read my reply to him.

Comment

No he did not say that. Read my reply to him.
                            kudos.

Comment

I see more into who is backing the candidates at the voting booths, rather than the polls, i. e., the young voters and now the Muslim community. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136258,00.html

Comment

Working...
                              X