Type 052C vs. Aerligh Burk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type 052C vs. Aerligh Burk

I know the Burk's are better but what makes them better?

The 052 is the new Chinese Sovremney clone, correct?

Comment

No. Much more far advanced apparently. Remains to be seen. But Im not surprised, the Chinese have long been upgrading and they have had alot of help(the US is not least of the sources of help willing or not).

Comment

Here are some renderings...

Some info...
        http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/surface/052c.asp

The main place it is lacking is the HQ-9 long-range SAM which lacks the range of the SM-2MR and it doesn't even come close to the SM-2ER.

The Gun is paticularly pathetic as it is only a 100mm gun.

How do their CIWS compare to Goalkeeper?

Last edited by Praxus; 04 Sep 03,, 01:22.

Comment

A general word about Chinese weapons development. They ain't that good. Often, they started out with grandios designs and finally had to settle for works.

I believe the 052 is good as or better than the Sov when I see it.

Comment

Your link didnt work for me. And while I agree that Chinese tech is behind. The apparent radar system is a quantam leap over anything taht was even imagined a couple of years ago and the site says the missles are equiv to the S-300 if Im not mistaken

http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/surface/052c.asp

Comment

Heres another site:

http://www.stormpages.com/jetfight/luhai_luhu_luda.htm

Comment

Yah but their range is only like 100km about 60km less then the SM-2MR. This means our aircraft can attack with Harpoon(SLAM-ER version) with virtual impunity. Where as a Chinese aircraft attacking would be well within the range of SM-2MR missiles when attacking with anti-shipping missiles(this is just pretending they got past the Carriers Aircraft).

Also if you look at the picture in the Sino Defense site there is no phased array radar in the picture and it looks like there are nothing they would connect to. Unless the rounded thing is actually protecting the connections and stuff?
                Last edited by Praxus; 04 Sep 03,, 03:06.

Comment

How many/what choppers can the Burke and the 052C carry?
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The new Aerligh Burks can carry I think 2 Seahawks for ASW and the 052C can only carry 1 ASW helicopter, I have no idea about it's capabilitys though.

Comment

This thing looks a lot like a cloned Burke.

Comment

BTW, the 052 carries only 18 of the long range SAMs.

Comment

I am just wondering but what is the point of a Frigate, what does it add to the fleet?

Type 054 Frigate
                          http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/surface/newffg.asp
                          Last edited by Praxus; 04 Sep 03,, 20:39.

Comment

I think it's more or less a weps carrior with radar and sonar of its own just in case
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

With that datalink thing will each ship be able to see everything that the other ship sees?

So say in a carrier battle group there are DDGs/CGs out in front say 20 miles in front of the Carrier and then there is one 20 miles behind the carrier group and two on each side 20 miles out. Will you be able to see everything that everyone else in the Carrier Battle Group sees?

So in essence you can see far past what your own radar can see?

Also could you link the AWACS radar up with the ships so what they see will show up on this big screen of the "battlespace"?
                              Last edited by Praxus; 04 Sep 03,, 22:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X