Catholic Bishops Damn Kerry, Give Free-Pass To Pedophiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catholic Bishops Damn Kerry, Give Free-Pass To Pedophiles

I love organized religion. Can an organization that covered up innumerable abuses against children by pedophile priests really have any authority at all when saying a vote for Kerry is a vote for evil?

(see : http://nytimes.com/2004/10/17/opinion/17dowd.html?hp )

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
    I love organized religion.
    It is fun isn't it?
    really have any authority at all
    Among Catholics they do.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I just love the hypocrisy of it all. What we need is some good investigative journalism to look into the role of these anti-Kerry bishops in the Church's pedophilia scandals.....

Comment

I just love the hypocrisy of it all. What we need is some good investigative journalism to look into the role of these anti-Kerry bishops in the Church's pedophilia scandals.....
        Pedophelia sucks. The Catholic Church sucks. Seems like a logical match. (sorry, just a joke. No offense meant. )

I was living in San Francisco for a while and back in 1991 I think it was, there was a chapter of NAMBLA (North American Man Boy Love Association, I think they are called) having meetings in the Public Library once a month. When this was discovered there was outrage, naturally. What was the outcome you may ask. They were allowed to continue their meetings because of "freedom of speech and public assembly". How does this work, I have to know? Isn't membership in groups like these basically a confession of crime? Can I start an organization for serial killers where we talk and brag about our past murders and future plans to murder? I agree that the true test of freedom of speech is to allow a person whose ideas rip at your fundmental core their time on the soap box, but shouldn't there be a limit to this? The public library of all places!

Comment

Pedophilia Scandal....Moral Authority. Just how on EARTH those two things go together I just cannot fathom. If there are any Catholics in here that can explain it to me then I would really appreciate it.

Comment

Pedophilia Scandal....Moral Authority. Just how on EARTH those two things go together I just cannot fathom. If there are any Catholics in here that can explain it to me then I would really appreciate it.
            first you have to understand the catholic view of sin, confession obsolves you of it. they do not condone child molestation, but they also have no use for the legal system, (this philosophy is slowly evolving) this is because they think they answer to a higher authority, this is why the church could be used as sanctuary for any criminal across europe at one time, they didnt condone the behavoir, but they could not turn away from those seeking absolution.

the church's understanding of the problem also has allot to do with thier reaction, they treated pedophillia as a sin, and not a sickness, they thought the cure was absolution, not incarceration. thier stance on that is also changeing, as with all religions, its very difficult to bring about change within it, in a short amount of time. the church's willingness to forgive the worst of its sinners cannot in itself make them imoral.
            Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
            Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
            Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
            Listen to the words long written down
            When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by donnie
              first you have to understand the catholic view of sin, confession obsolves you of it. they do not condone child molestation, but they also have no use for the legal system, (this philosophy is slowly evolving) this is because they think they answer to a higher authority, this is why the church could be used as sanctuary for any criminal across europe at one time, they didnt condone the behavoir, but they could not turn away from those seeking absolution.

the church's understanding of the problem also has allot to do with thier reaction, they treated pedophillia as a sin, and not a sickness, they thought the cure was absolution, not incarceration. thier stance on that is also changeing, as with all religions, its very difficult to bring about change within it, in a short amount of time. the church's willingness to forgive the worst of its sinners cannot in itself make them imoral.

What about the whole shepard protecting the flock idea? What about protecting the young members of the church? Instead of doing the right thing, they did the foolish thing. They relocated the offenders, allowing them to re-offend. Now, not only do they have pedifile priests but they also have to live with the reputation of a cover-up. The church needs new PR people.

Comment

The Catholic Church is AWESOME! It is the greatest force for good on the planet. (I encourage you to name another) There are a number of persons who have been led astray; however, they do not represent the Church. The Catholic Church is the only Church that was founded by God. The only hypocrit is John Kerry.
                He says he feels abortion is wrong, but does nothing about it. In fact, he condones it by allocating federal funds to abortion.

Comment

Some of the Church leadership has erred in their actions in regards to this sexual abuse scandal deal; however, the Church is Good. Don't tell me its the "opiate of the ppl."

Comment

Originally posted by Fonnicker
                    What about the whole shepard protecting the flock idea? What about protecting the young members of the church? Instead of doing the right thing, they did the foolish thing. They relocated the offenders, allowing them to re-offend. Now, not only do they have pedifile priests but they also have to live with the reputation of a cover-up. The church needs new PR people.
                    i dont disagree, and your right, they did do foolish things, but again not with the intent to condone, they just didnt understand the sickness, they would remove the offenders, give them counceling and spiritual healing, along with absolution, and think they were healed, they have slowly (mainly because of public, and parish pressure) evolved that philosophy. unfortunatly they did it way to late.

as far as it being a cover-up, it wasnt, at least to the degree you suggest, they arent going to repeat the sins of the priest to anyone, anymore then they would repeat the sins of thier parish to anyone. if you walk up to a priest in confessional, and tell them you murdered someone, they wont turn you into police, this is not done to protect you, they are not protecting you from anything, they are merely the conduit to confess to God, and have no authority to tell anyone else your sins, that goes for priest as well, the fact that they put them back into service is only a reflection of thier ignorance, thier unconditional love for the sinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                      The Catholic Church is AWESOME! It is the greatest force for good on the planet. (I encourage you to name another) There are a number of persons who have been led astray; however, they do not represent the Church. The Catholic Church is the only Church that was founded by God. The only hypocrit is John Kerry.
                      He says he feels abortion is wrong, but does nothing about it. In fact, he condones it by allocating federal funds to abortion.

You have the right to your beliefs and I respect them, but there are a lot of religions on this planet that say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fonnicker
                        You have the right to your beliefs and I respect them, but there are a lot of religions on this planet that say the same thing.
                        allot of religions can say it, but i believe the catholic church can prove it, as far as "the greatest force of good" part is concerned. like it or not they are the most giving church on the planet.

Comment

go Donnie

Comment

I love organized religion. Can an organization that covered up innumerable abuses against children by pedophile priests really have any authority at all when saying a vote for Kerry is a vote for evil?

(see : http://nytimes.com/2004/10/17/opinion/17dowd.html?hp )

Found this on another forum - desperate measures...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...rry_vatican_dc

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                              go Donnie
                              just giving credit, where credit is due.

Comment

Working...
                              X