PDA

View Full Version : Can moderators be warned/banned?

Kipruss
17 Oct 04,, 00:13
Moderators have been given rights not shared by other users of this message board. I wonder whether there are circumstances where their posts should be reviewed and if they are found not to be impartial in their duties or their posts are too extreme, can they have those rights taken away from them?

Confed999
17 Oct 04,, 00:15
Yes, they can.

Horrido
17 Oct 04,, 07:25
And then we hunt them down, "delete" them, remove their posts, and act as though they never existed and nothing had ever happened, because no one can prove a thing. ;)

visioninthedark
17 Oct 04,, 07:35
And then we hunt them down, "delete" them, remove their posts, and act as though they never existed and nothing had ever happened, because no one can prove a thing. ;)

LOL

ahhhh .... the pleasures of POWER ..... LOL

Ray
17 Oct 04,, 08:10
Pleasures of Power?:eek:

A deviate way to approach duties and responsibilties to look at it as a means to exercise 'power' over other mortals. :rolleyes:

It is a very difficult task to be a Judge.

The exercise of what one may feel is "power" can become a great between tussle of the conscience and the heart. And the conscience (justice) has to triumph. A very difficult and onerous task. Those who have expereienced it alone know!

It is not 'power' when harm is done. Any fool can do that.

It is 'power' when good is done. It is easiest to harm and destroy, but it is very difficult to do good.

Julie
17 Oct 04,, 14:20
I personally feel Moderators and Administrators should be able to post their opinions in a manner that it does not intimidate and/or show direct criticism to other members. If they can not do that, then they should not be a Moderator.

Confed999
17 Oct 04,, 14:41
able to post their opinions
Someone will allways be offended, intimidated, something, by an opinion that is not agreed with. The mods and admins are just loosely trying to enforce the rules and keep the peace, while still being able to enjoy the place too.

Julie
17 Oct 04,, 16:09
Someone will allways be offended, intimidated, something, by an opinion that is not agreed with. The mods and admins are just loosely trying to enforce the rules and keep the peace, while still being able to enjoy the place too.

Of course opinions aren't going to be agreed with. I believe my words were "direct criticism" of others' opinions. When Moderators use "direct criticism" towards others' posted opinions simply because the Moderator doesn't happen to agree with the opinion, power plays should not be used to get the final word. That is unfair and unbalanced, and not considered "keeping the peace" as you so eloquently put it. :)

Confed999
17 Oct 04,, 16:15
use "direct criticism" towards others' posted opinions
Simply stating an alternate opinion could be considered criticism. There is nothing wrong with being critical, as long as it's done without malice. It would be hard to express an alternate opinion, without finding fault in the opposing viewpoint.

visioninthedark
17 Oct 04,, 16:16
Of course opinions aren't going to be agreed with. I believe my words were "direct criticism" of others' opinions. When Moderators use "direct criticism" towards others' posted opinions simply because the Moderator doesn't happen to agree with the opinion, power plays should not be used to get the final word. That is unfair and unbalanced, and not considered "keeping the peace" as you so eloquently put it. :)

but a mod is also a member and has a right to express his opinion.

I think what is important is that the mods seperates his duties as a mod from his responsibilities as a member ...

While posting an opinion, he should solely regard himself as a member .... while performing his duties as a mod .... he should solely regard whether rules have been followed by all equally including himself.

Julie
17 Oct 04,, 16:25

I think what is important is that the mods seperates his duties as a mod from his responsibilities as a member ...

While posting an opinion, he should solely regard himself as a member .... while performing his duties as a mod .... he should solely regard whether rules have been followed by all equally including himself.

I totally agree.

Brad
17 Oct 04,, 22:35
If you ever feel a post is inappropriate, please use the 'report post' icon, and it will be reviewed.

Lunatock
18 Oct 04,, 17:35
What about Chris? The man himself as emulated me once, and told Sqwert to STFU. Can he be reported and/or banned? :tongue:

Ray
18 Oct 04,, 21:56

And how is this done?

He writes Moderator in his Avtar and then lets loose as a member.

Then some one kicks him (the Moderator) in the pants with logic and then the Moderator becomes a Moderator and bans him?

Rather convoluted logic.

Wonders never cease!

visioninthedark
18 Oct 04,, 22:04
And how is this done?

He writes Moderator in his Avtar and then lets loose as a member.

Then some one kicks him (the Moderator) in the pants with logic and then the Moderator becomes a Moderator and bans him?

Rather convoluted logic.

Wonders never cease!

its not that difficult a concept to grasp!

all a moderator has to do is sseperate his duty as a moderator from his personal membership .....

while posting as a member .... he should simply think of himself as a member ....

while reviewing the posts ... he should look which is following the rule and which is not ...

he should not ABUSE his power for personal benefit ...

its simple ... and none should have difficulty understanding the concept ...

Ray
18 Oct 04,, 22:33
That is very easy to say.

How many can separate the heart from the head?

If that were so easy then things would ahve been wonderful.

Go to any forum including yours PDF. See the venom of a Moderator I saw which was posted on the PDF to me based on YOUR adivce to ask someone else to post since I am unable to access the PDF. A friend posted the same. He gave me something that is highly interesting. I was horrified with the Janus headed attitude!

I don't think such a bigoted Moderator can change his colours!

In short, much can be said with noble thoughts, but cannot be put into practice. Mother Teresas are not a dime to a dozen.

It is a fact of life that "He who pays the piper calls the tune.''

Look at the world. While countries may grouse, can they open **** their snoot at the US? They can't. US will just dry up their Treasury to salvage the poor unfortunate beggars! The what will happen? NO arms, no subsidies, no nothing; just becoming a failed state that it was once!

Therefore, one must accept the realties of the situation and just lump it.

Enjoy, while the going is good!

Brad
18 Oct 04,, 23:03
What about Chris? The man himself as emulated me once, and told Sqwert to STFU. Can he be reported and/or banned? :tongue:

Give it a go.... I will see if I can moderate him ;)
:tongue: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

visioninthedark
19 Oct 04,, 00:06
Look at the world. While countries may grouse, can they open **** their snoot at the US? They can't. US will just dry up their Treasury to salvage the poor unfortunate beggars! The what will happen? NO arms, no subsidies, no nothing; just becoming a failed state that it was once!

do tell .... who does this innuendo refer to?

please elaborate ....

visioninthedark
19 Oct 04,, 00:13
Go to any forum including yours PDF. See the venom of a Moderator I saw which was posted on the PDF to me based on YOUR adivce to ask someone else to post since I am unable to access the PDF. A friend posted the same. He gave me something that is highly interesting. I was horrified with the Janus headed attitude!

I don't think such a bigoted Moderator can change his colours!

In short, much can be said with noble thoughts, but cannot be put into practice.

Yes .... its true ... one of our moderators is a bit extreme-nationalist .... but he is an exception .... just one out of the whole team ... yet .... articles still get posted by indian members from indian press .... oftentime very critical of Pakistan ...

but ... we are not perfect ...

Martin
26 Nov 04,, 04:44

did he really??

bad topher!