Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is this photo taken?

As the title says.

defn not Iraq. It may be US or some other European country.
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
      defn not Iraq. It may be US or some other European country.
      Just out of curiosity, is this some foreign weapons exhibition because you don't see U.S army soldiers carrying Sako Rk95 very much :)

Comment

May be, but who else really uses RK95-M?? other than the Finns??
        Last edited by Jay; 15 Oct 04,, 18:54.

Comment

There's Contour farming in the backdrop. Can't be Pakistan. Sp**** population too. If anyone's got some super zooming software, try zooming into that plastic water bottle. Maybe it'll be some local brand and then you can figure it out.

Could be Saudi Arabia. Even in UAE, most of the fertile land is near hills. Not many clues in that picture.

Comment

Dasani has a totally different bottle shape.

I just remembered, there's one place which looks like that, thats Oman. Do they have US troops stationed there or British? I forgot.....

Comment

yep, its not :)

but try here.... http://www.bottledwaterweb.com/bott/

may be this?? http://www.water.com/swg200.asp
              Last edited by Jay; 15 Oct 04,, 22:08.

Comment

california?

Comment

it reminds me of places in Italy, but would there be US troops there? (don't hit me!)
                  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
                  and expecting a different result.
                  Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by tarek
                    california?
                    LOL, u know it looks like a lotta places in the US. Why've we been thinking about countries around the world :D?

I stayed in Frederick Maryland for a while, that too can pass off as this. The hills, the farming, the houses, its proximity to Camp David...

So no one's got any super zooming software like they do on TV?

Comment

you can only zoom in if image you are showing is reduced on the fly and is actually at a much higher resolution than displayed. The image posted is that resolution so zooming in just makes things blocky

However never letting science get in the way of a good guess, i would go for it being a bottle of arrowhead and hence somewhere in the US.
                      at

Comment

yah we do. it definately looks like italy, or possibly southern california, or anywhere with a mediterranean type climate. what i dont get is why the soldiers holding an rk
                        "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Originally posted by griftadan
                          yah we do. it definately looks like italy, or possibly southern california, or anywhere with a mediterranean type climate. what i dont get is why the soldiers holding an rk
                          Could be a rifle range in the US where weapons are tested, most companies loan these to various armies and get operational reports from them after they have been battered around by the troops in exercises or operations. We do it in our military schools of instruction.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

im pretty sure its an american weapons range, i linked it to this story
                            http://revdisk.net/fin.html

if anyone knows where the US trained with the Finn's in august of 2003.
                            Last edited by Donnie; 20 Oct 04,, 22:04.
                            Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
                            Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
                            Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
                            Listen to the words long written down
                            When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

Looks like no water bottle ive ever seen...but ive gotta guess either somewhere near greece or other places in Italy
                              ~The only time evil men succed is if good men do nothing

'I made an airplane out of stone. I always did like stayin home'-Shel Silverstein, Falling Up

Why are you here?! Because of you my country is in ruins! -Man, Bejing, Famous picure of him standing in front of a line of tanks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RIGHT WING CONSPIRICY!

Comment

Working...
                              X