Third Presidential Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Presidential Debate

As usual, I think Bush did the better job, but I suspect polls will show them about even.
    Bush
    46.67%
    Kerry
    53.33%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Kerry won without a doubt. Thus with this win, he won all three debates. Bush is done now!

Comment

Originally posted by turnagainarm
      Kerry won without a doubt. Thus with this win, he won all three debates. Bush is done now!
      Even if Kerry did win all three (which I disagree with), Bush is still projected to win 301 electoral votes to Kerry's 237. Far from being finished, as you put it.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke
        Even if Kerry did win all three (which I disagree with), Bush is still projected to win 301 electoral votes to Kerry's 237. Far from being finished, as you put it.

Kerry won the debate according to all the polls. I don't remember even a single poll giving Bush the win in any of the debates.

Kerry has the momentum, hopefully today's performance will give him a bump by a couple of points in the poll which will translate into higher number of electoral votes.
        No candidate have ever been elected president after losing all three debates.

Your count of 301 votes for Bush does not seem accurate since it appears that you are counting some of the toss up states in Bush column. In any case it is going to change in coming weeks.

Comment

It does seem the cowboy has taken a nasty fall from his horse. Whether he gets up and back into the race, remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by turnagainarm
            Kerry won the debate according to all the polls. I don't remember even a single poll giving Bush the win in any of the debates.

Kerry has the momentum, hopefully today's performance will give him a bump by a couple of points in the poll which will translate into higher number of electoral votes.
            No candidate have ever been elected president after losing all three debates.

Your count of 301 votes for Bush does not seem accurate since it appears that you are counting some of the toss up states in Bush column. In any case it is going to change in coming weeks.
            That arogance hurts you, makes you over confident, come election day, lets see whos voters will show up.
            I mean check it out:
            http://www.electoral-vote.com/
            Bush is ahead, but i agree its far from over. Penn and MN are still up for grabs in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
              It does seem the cowboy has taken a nasty fall from his horse. Whether he gets up and back into the race, remains to be seen.
              Too bad your delusions don't play out in state by state polls.

Is this like how the Democratic Party was going to punish Jeb Bush by beating him out of the FL's governors mansion but Jeb Bush ended up winning by like 9 points and the GOP increased its majorities in FL's state house?

Keep up the arogance, it makes the fall harder.

Comment

Kerry wins in the 3 polls taken so far.

ABC POLL: Kerry Wins Narrowly
                ==================================
                http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=163784
                Among registered voters who watched the debate, 42 percent called Kerry the winner, 41 percent said Bush won and 14 percent called it a tie. That's similar to the outcome of the second debate, while Kerry won the first among viewers by a nine-point margin.

(Given that 38% of the sample was Republican and only 30% was Democrat, it should be obvious that Kerry won the debate)

CBS POLL: Kerry Wins Comfortably
                http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in649227.shtml
                Uncommitted Voters Pick Kerry
                (CBS) Uncommitted voters who saw the third and final debate between President Bush and John Kerry gave the Democrat the edge over the president by a margin of 39-25 percent, according to a CBS News poll. Another 36 percent called it a draw.

CNN/USA Today POLL: Kerry Won Comfortably
                http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...oll/index.html
                Early poll gives Kerry the edge in final debate
                TEMPE, Arizona (CNN) -- Sen. John Kerry appeared to gain more momentum heading toward November 2, easily beating President Bush in the third and final debate, a poll taken late Wednesday night suggests.

A CNN/USA Today/Gallup snap poll taken immediately after the presidential debate found that respondents gave a significant edge to Kerry over Bush, 52 percent to 39 percent.

Comment

Again with instant polls, you fail to look at the entire picture.

As Ralph Nader says:"Bush will win, John Kerry takes away more votes from himself then i ever could."

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
                    That arogance hurts you, makes you over confident, come election day, lets see whos voters will show up.
                    I mean check it out:
                    http://www.electoral-vote.com/
                    Bush is ahead, but i agree its far from over. Penn and MN are still up for grabs in my opinion.
                    Check out the polls, Kerry won the debates, all 3 of them!

ON the CBS interactive, MN is titlting towards Kerry.
                    There are 8 states still up for grabs, NV, NM, IA, WI, OH, PA, FL, and NH.

http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2004...ap645854.shtml
                    Last edited by turnagainarm; 14 Oct 04,, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
                      Again with instant polls, you fail to look at the entire picture.

As Ralph Nader says:"Bush will win, John Kerry takes away more votes from himself then i ever could."

These are not online polls, they are scientific polls.

Who do you think won the debate last night?

Comment

Why is it that when those of us that support Kerry state our opinions about his winning the debates we are labeled as "arogant"? Kerry won the first two debates according to all the polls. Early indications are that he won the thrid debate as well.

This election will be very tight I'm sorry to say. It could go either way at this point.

Comment

It does not matter who wins at these debates between the two - kerry is more articulate and comes across as having a better grasp - but he doesn't say anything other than that he would do what Bush is doing, only better.

Anyway, these debates will not win any new voters for either candidate, because peole on both sides of the divide have already made up their mind - the only thing that will enable Kerry to win is the degree to which his campaign is successful in getting people to actually make the effort to go and cast votes -- the same applies for Bush, but less so.

People recognize Bush as inarticulate, lets face it, he's inarticulate, but most people also realize that in Bush they have someone who is correct in his diagnosis of the damger facing the US and the world and they trust Bush to take care of business -- Mr. Kerry's promises to do better than Bush, in particular his suggestion that without France and Germany that the US does not have allies, will not go done well with voters.

lets see who's machine can and can not get voters to actually go down to polling stations and cast votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fonnicker
                            Why is it that when those of us that support Kerry state our opinions about his winning the debates we are labeled as "arogant"? Kerry won the first two debates according to all the polls. Early indications are that he won the thrid debate as well.

This election will be very tight I'm sorry to say. It could go either way at this point.

I don't mind when I get called arrogant, because that just tells me that they know Bush is losing.

Comment

Iron, Fox is the most biased news agency in the US. They don't even try to ensure their presenters are fair to both sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X