Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess Who Is Responsible For Screwing Up The Afghan Elections?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Who Is Responsible For Screwing Up The Afghan Elections?

THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS FROM A REPUTED INDIAN NEWSPAPER

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/881694.cms

Indian ink smudges Afghan poll

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2004 11:37:13 PM ]

KABUL: If elections were to be globalised, then the model is Afghanistan. With the country’s first presidential vote conducted by officials from 39 countries under the supervision of the UN, everything should have gone like clockwork. But this is Afghanistan and two days after the historic vote which went off peacefully, things have begun to turn a bit sour and Indian ink may have contributed a bit to the smudge.

On Monday, counting was suspended even though election officials said that ballot boxes were coming into counting centres with alarming speed. The international body which helped Afghanistan conduct Saturday’s vote said it had created a special panel of "impartial experts to listen to complaints by as many as 13 of the candidates who contested against US-backed candidate and interim president Hamid Karzai.

"The Joint Electoral Management Body is asking the presidential candidates to submit their detailed complaint by 6 pm tomorrow," said David Avery, a UN election supervisor. The complaints mainly are about possible fraud where voters could have showed up at the polling booths more than once because the indelible ink, which was supplied by India, failed to hold and washed off easily. Diplomats who watched the polls said the problem may have arisen because in some places the ink had dried before it was applied.

It wasn’t clear how long this could delay the final result, which wasn’t scheduled to be released for another 10 days or so anyway. But this has cast a shadow over the pomp with which US and other Western officials had hailed the vote as a success of the entire Afghan operation which began with the US-led invasion to overthrow the Taliban in 2001.

The panel which will probe allegations of probe includes a Canadian diplomat Craig Jenness, who has been involved in conducting internationally-supervised polls in the Balkans.

"The JEMB has directed the panel to focus its attention initially on issues that may require any specific ballot box to be isolated from the counting process so that all other ballot boxes can move forward into mixing, sorting and counting phases,” said Avery.

By first impression of officials, both Western and Afghan, the vote was an overwhelming success and that meant that Karzai was on track to win and legitimise his rule. US envoy Zalmay Khalilzad, an Afghan-born diplomat, was trying to persuade Karzai’s 15 challengers to drop their objections. "The call to declare the election null and void is removed,” Khalilzad said after a meeting with Yunus Qanooni, a former education minister and a strong Karzai rival. Souring of the election process may mean more trouble for US president George W. Bush, who is facing a mounting challenge from John Kerry over the conduct of the Iraq war. A success in Afghanistan would prove Bush’s line that he was pushing for democracy in the Middle East.

For Afghanistan, success is more than the key to its very survival. Western donors and countries like India, which have either pumped in millions of dollars or provided support in the form of creating roads, hospitals and radio and TV stations, are ready to pour in more money to avert a failed state located at a geographical crossroad, bordering Kashmir, Central Asia and Pakistan.

Anything to bust you Vision

THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE IS FROM A REPUTED UK NEWSPAPER

--Format Couresy - Visioninthedark.
    India link to Afghan ink stink

An Indian paint company says that marker pens with indelible ink supplied for Afghanistan's elections cannot be blamed for cases of election fraud.

Some candidates maintain that many people cast their vote more than once after removing supposedly indelible ink marks from their fingers.

But the company says that the problem arose because of confusion among election staff in some voting centres.

Counting in the vote has been put on hold after the malpractice allegations.

Ink not indelible
    Mysore Paints and Varnish Limited, a public sector company based in the southern Indian state of Karnataka, told the BBC that the problem had arisen because of confusion among election staff in some voting centres.

"They used marker pens meant for paper and not the pen with indelible ink on voters' fingers," said C Harakumar, the company's marketing manager. "How can we be held responsible for mistakes of the election staff?" he asked.

'A proven ink'
    "It will not have an impact on our reputation," said Manivanan, Quality Manager. There have been several allegations of malpractice
    He says that the ink was manufactured according to a formula specially designed by the Delhi-based National Physical Laboratory, and has been used in India for over 50 years in addition to being exported to many African countries, Cambodia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea and Turkey.

"It is a good ink, a proven ink," Manivanan observed.

Mysore Paints is the sole Indian company that manufactures indelible ink and it has been used in every Indian election for the last five decades.

Set up in 1937 as Mysore Lac and Paints Limited for manufacturing paints and related products, it became a public sector company after India gained independence in 1947.

Mysore Paints and Varnish Limited is the only public sector company that manufactures paints in the country and its major shareholding is held by the Karnataka government.

'Very successful'
    The United Nations Representative Sam Vidana Gamachi visited the company factory in Mysore before placing orders for 50,000 marker pens instead of ink bottles.

While 50,000 pens were sent to Afghanistan, voters in booths set up in Pakistan used indelible ink from bottles for the presidential election.

Company officials say 22,000 bottles of 80ml indelible ink were sent for use in booths set up in Pakistan for Afghan refugees.

"There it was very successful," Manivanan said.

Company officials say that UN officials insisted on the marker pens even though they were recommended to use ink from bottles.

It was the first time that Mysore Paints manufactured indelible ink pens.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3736590.stm

-------------------------------------------------------
    May be Afghan officials got degrees from Pakistani sponsered madrassas??
    Last edited by Jay; 13 Oct 04,, 19:19.
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
      Anything to bust you Vision
      wow .... didn't know I caused you so must trouble ... :)

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark
        wow .... didn't know I caused you so must trouble ... :)
        Trouble?? not even close, you arent that smart, anyway, just a small prick is enough to bust your ego more over I dont depend on my 70000 years gloious heritage nor my aryan ancestory, so you being a trouble is a little over rated ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
          Trouble?? not even close, you arent that smart, anyway, just a small prick is enough to bust your ego more over I dont depend on my 70000 years gloious heritage nor my aryan ancestory, so you being a trouble is a little over rated ;)
          misquoting has been developed into an art by you .... :)

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark
            misquoting has been developed into an art by you ....
            But you are the greatest
            I'm still waiting for some more hot news from "REPUTED" Indian news papers, I hope you are not going to disappoint me ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
              So you've just admitted you have a small prick

Comment

A prick can be anything/anyone...for instance even you.

Moreover, I said a small prick is enuff to bust his ego, and asked him to stop overrating himself, that I'm after him Its ok, I know that you are angry coz I didnt name you, but I'll make it clear from now on, deal?

You want to be English, but your langauge comprehending skills at the best is at par with a FOB ;), now I know why the rest of the British born asians are offended when called a ****

And whats with your infactuation with pricks?? Nightmares(or who knows, it may be pleasure, only you can say) of them up in your ass?
                Last edited by Jay; 13 Oct 04,, 20:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                  A prick can be anything/anyone...for instance even you.

Moreover, I said a small prick is enuff to bust his ego, and asked him to stop overrating himself, that I'm after him Its ok, I know that you are angry coz I didnt name you, but I'll make it clear from now on, deal?

You want to be English, but your langauge comprehending skills at the best is at par with a FOB ;), now I know why the rest of the British born asians are offended when called a ****

And whats with your infactuation with pricks?? Nightmares(or who knows, it may be pleasure, only you can say) of them up in your ass?
                  Come on, we all agree its personality that counts

Comment

well, based on your personality and your avtar, last sentence in my previous post still counts ;) I can see why the talk about small pricks brings you joy

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                      well, based on your personality and your avtar, last sentence in my previous post still counts ;) I can see why the talk about small pricks brings you joy
                      Hey, I'm sure you have no problems giving Mrs Jay a good time, even with you little Tamil sausage

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                        Hey, I'm sure you have no problems giving Mrs Jay a good time, even with you little Tamil sausage
                        You are a good man, you have time to think about others when you have something sticking up your psuedo english balti ass
                        And btw since you have Vin Diesel and your thot about small prick, I know who's the bend over b*tch in home, so give my kind regards to Mr.Aryan ;)

and btw is it always a full moon?? coz I heard Afghans and Pakistanis like full, ripe white a$$!!
                        Last edited by Jay; 14 Oct 04,, 02:18.

Comment

Hey
                          I would be happy if the pakistanis talk about releasing the tonnes of biscuits held in Pakistan.....sent by india.

Comment

A Comment From A Reputed Freak Who Can't Read English Being Vision Denied And In The Dark For A Lark On This Web Is Not Worth The Effort To Comment On.

wHAT IS A FREAK?

The Dictionary states:

"oddly different from what is usual or normal; queer; abnormal"

Queer? Wow!

What is worth noting is:

"They used marker pens meant for paper and not the pen with indelible ink on voters' fingers," said C Harakumar, the company's marketing manager. "How can we be held responsible for mistakes of the election staff?" he asked.

and

"and has been used in India for over 50 years in addition to being exported to many African countries, Cambodia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea and Turkey."

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Here is what a genuine ARYAN has to say. BTW He is the King of Afghanistan

The relations that we have with India are very ancient. My family was deported to India and sent to Dehra Dun after the second Anglo-Afghan war by the British and forbidden to re-enter Afghanistan. My family embraced Indian culture and literature and music. I probably know more about Indian music that many of you... Today, thanks to the Indian leadership and also the realisation of the authorities in Afghanistan we are working together again... once, in the course of history, we were not separate nations. Now conditions have changed. We have associated ourselves together again... we share the same blood and the same cultural characteristics.
                              http://www.telegraphindia.com/104101...ry_3880271.asp
                              Please note what the King of Afghanistan said:
                              we share the same blood and the same cultural characteristics.

Once again (for the vision challenged and who live in areas where electricity has still not reached):
                              we share the same blood and the same cultural characteristics.

Funny isn't it, given the ravings and ranting of some not so reputed guys?

It maybe of interst to note that most educated Afghanis are INDIA EDUCATED including Karzai and Abdullah Abdullah. Extraordinary that they diod not go to the neighbouring countries.

What ho?
                              Last edited by Ray; 14 Oct 04,, 08:59.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X