PDA

View Full Version : New Moderator

Ironduke
29 Dec 06,, 03:21
Dear Members,

We, the staff of the World Affairs Board, have offered to the Colonel, Officer of Engineers, a long-time contributor and upstanding member of our community, the position of global moderator on the forum, which he has graciously accepted.

His area of responsibility includes all sections on WAB. Please give him a warm welcome!

TopHatter
29 Dec 06,, 03:24
Welcome aboard Colonel, it's an honor to have you with us. :)

Confed999
29 Dec 06,, 03:34
It's about time! Welcome to the staff. :)

(that sounds dirty :eek: )

Julie
29 Dec 06,, 03:35
Welcome aboard Colonel. :)

Tronic
29 Dec 06,, 04:13
welcome to WAB Colonel....

as a mod ofcourse... ;)

texasjohn
29 Dec 06,, 04:14
Way to go Colonel!!! Does this mean no more food fights???:)

-{SpoonmaN}-
29 Dec 06,, 04:40
Sir, mad props on the promotion.

Semper Fi
29 Dec 06,, 04:43
Congrats!

Don't ban me.;)

Officer of Engineers
29 Dec 06,, 04:54
Nice buttering me up, people. But I know you're all are going to try to cook my turkey.

My thanks but I've done this too many times not to keep my eye on my wallet. That means I'm not buying the 1st round.

Parihaka
29 Dec 06,, 05:45
Ah well, there goes the neighbourhood:rolleyes:

Officer of Engineers
29 Dec 06,, 05:54
Just for that, you get the Johnny Walker Red.

TopHatter
29 Dec 06,, 06:01
My thanks but I've done this too many times not to keep my eye on my wallet. That means I'm not buying the 1st round.

If you come on down to Florida, I'll buy the first bottle, but it'll be rum :biggrin:

Parihaka
29 Dec 06,, 06:05
Just for that, you get the Johnny Walker Red.

A Canadian shouting a round of drinks? I'd consider myself lucky to get a Moloson lite:biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
29 Dec 06,, 06:11
Molson, eh? You do know Molson's home city is Montreal ...

highsea
29 Dec 06,, 06:25
Thanks for the heads up, Ironduke.

I guess I better start being nice to Canadians...:biggrin:

MarquezRazor
29 Dec 06,, 07:30
Military dictator regime is starting in WAB?:biggrin:

Horrido
29 Dec 06,, 08:22
He's blue... Why is he still blue?

And I still need to have my "Chief Subversive" title reinstated.

Ironduke
29 Dec 06,, 08:42
He's blue... Why is he still blue?

And I still need to have my "Chief Subversive" title reinstated.
Bold blue means super moderator + military professional.

I've reinstated your user title. I edited it before so it was clear to everybody who was a mod, but can keep both with the simple use of <br> :)

Horrido
29 Dec 06,, 08:51
Bold blue means super moderator + military professional.

Ah, well in that case, welcome to the frocked and sworn.

I've reinstated your user title. I edited it before so it was clear to everybody who was a mod, but can keep both with the simple use of <br> :)

I like being unclear, makes it easier to lure the unsuspecting mice in as a tasty treat. :biggrin:

Horrido
29 Dec 06,, 08:55
Okay, something has gone HORRIBLY wrong... ROFLMAO!

Ironduke
29 Dec 06,, 09:01
You never specified color or size... afterwards via IM you said fix the spelling mistakes and bracket it with a rainbow... done :)

Horrido
29 Dec 06,, 09:15
And let the abomination above serve FAIR WARNING to anyone else foolish enough to taunt, criticize, hound, badger, or make fun of... the administration.

In the meantime, I'M off to color coordinate my wardrobe and look at window treatments... :mad:

TopHatter
29 Dec 06,, 09:38
...the abomination above...
LMAO....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
That is truly hilarious. I see Ironduke has a rather evil inclination about him...

In the meantime, I'M off to color coordinate my wardrobe and look at window treatments... :mad:
And listen to showtunes?

BTW, what's a window treatment? Sounds like a medical procedure. :confused:

Asim Aquil
29 Dec 06,, 09:55
Congrats OoE!

glyn
29 Dec 06,, 11:46
Personally, I have to say that I'm utterly appalled at the selection of OoE to the position of moderator on WAB. Here we have this flawed human being raised to a position of eminence. Flawed and immoderate, as he has admitted buying three foot dolls by the DOZEN. And his reward for being immoderate is to be awarded the title and powers of a moderator! I have toyed with the idea that this must be some form of compensation for him not getting the Nobel Prize for Latrinology. I look forward to other acts of WAB lunacy!

Draconion
29 Dec 06,, 13:16
Damn the belleycrawler...:rolleyes:

:biggrin:

Congratulations Sir...!

Julie
29 Dec 06,, 16:19
Digging latrines has to pay off sometime. :tongue:

Bluesman
29 Dec 06,, 16:30
Oh my GAWD, standards at this place continue to fall like a paralyzed falcon.

Pretty soon, we'll all be grunting savages, eating newbies raw without napkin nor fork nor decent claret. Instead of just dalem holding that role solo.

Sigh. Well, I guess I better get bizzy tugging forelock and prostrating myself before the latest-made Mondo Supremo better-than-thou jumped-up cleft-palate half-idiot noveau-royalist.

Seriously, dam' good pick. Congratulations, Officer of Engineers; you've got a time-consuming and thankless job for a bunch of ungrateful whiny leeches that won't acknowledge that you are doing something FOR THEM, and you won't be getting paid in any coin but resentment. I acknowledge the role the mods play here, and I'll say right up front that I'm not willing to do it myself, for two reasons:
1) I have not the time nor the disposition to do a good job, and
2) I like this place too much to play a role in its failure.

But I know who I owe, and the mods here have my thanks for what they do and how well they do it.

Good call. You got the Right Guy.

brak
29 Dec 06,, 16:39
congrats :)

kams
29 Dec 06,, 16:41
Not bad for a Latrine Digger:rolleyes: .

Congratulations Sir, (BTW I prefer Molson ice, thats when I drink).

Amled
29 Dec 06,, 16:45
Congratulation on the appointment OoE.
Keeping the peace among the rambunctious on the WAB will probably require more then just a taste of Fine Scotch.

Bluesman
29 Dec 06,, 18:01
Congratulation on the appointment OoE.
Keeping the peace among the rambunctious on the WAB will probably require more then just a taste of Fine Scotch.

I give him six weeks before he's chasing a handful of reds with swigs straight from the smashed-off neck of screw-top rot-gut.

I know what we're like.:eek:

Shek
29 Dec 06,, 19:11
Sir,
Congrats.

Officer of Engineers
29 Dec 06,, 19:27
People,

My thanks for the congrats and my appreciation for the warnings. Just remember that if you make my time miserable, I will make your time impossible.

Julie
29 Dec 06,, 21:35
Just remember that if you make my time miserable, I will make your time impossible.The Colonel has spoken.....print it, frame it, and hang it very nearby your keyboard. ;)

Jay
29 Dec 06,, 22:18
People,

My thanks for the congrats and my appreciation for the warnings. Just remember that if you make my time miserable, I will make your time impossible.

Impossible to? :biggrin:

Congrats Colonel :)

Neo
29 Dec 06,, 23:55
Congrats Sir OoE! :)
Thanks to admins aswell, this nomination is a gain for WAB and gift to its members!

sappersgt
30 Dec 06,, 00:15
Congratulations Sir! A well deserved appointment. I meant that of course in the nicest possible way!;) :biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
30 Dec 06,, 00:32
Sgt-Maj, you and I both know that sh!t floats and I'm at the perfect height to catch all of it.

sappersgt
30 Dec 06,, 00:49
Sgt-Maj, you and I both know that sh!t floats and I'm at the perfect height to catch all of it.

(LOL)Chin Up, Sir!;) :biggrin:

Archer
30 Dec 06,, 02:16
Congrats!!

What took so long!!?

Ironduke
30 Dec 06,, 02:37
It has been previously proposed and supported... we had just not acted upon it. As Bluesman said, it's been long overdue, I agree.

Julie
30 Dec 06,, 02:59
What took so long!!?We were attempting to see if the Colonel could prove Perpetual Motion. :biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
30 Dec 06,, 03:19
Actually, they insidieously created the mousetrap to lure me into the job.

Ironduke
01 Jan 07,, 14:25
I like being unclear
I like being nuclear.

:)

Ray
01 Jan 07,, 15:52
Congrats OOE!

I was so busy with the threads that I did not notice the same. Tough I did notice that your name was in rather dark letters at the bottom of the board showing those on line.

I thought that was because my computer was acting up since somehow my quick reply button is not working also!

Well done!

Ironduke
01 Jan 07,, 17:09
I thought that was because my computer was acting up since somehow my quick reply button is not working also!

Well done!

Ray, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Can you tell me the last time it was functioning?

In the meantime I've made it so the button does not need to be clicked to use the Quick Reply box.

Ironduke
01 Jan 07,, 18:06
Using it now... if a post is close to the Quick Reply box it will not jump down... hope it works for you now.

Ray
01 Jan 07,, 21:14
It works,

Thanks.

lemontree
02 Jan 07,, 10:17
Gosh, when did this happen?....Congrats sir.

Foremost
28 Feb 08,, 23:57
A little late as I've only been a member for a few days, but I'd like to add my congratulations, going by the level of those you've already received, I wish I'd known you longer before your inaugeration, oh by the way I don't do "buttering up" in my long experience of employment I got my promotions by diligence & lots of hard work, not by cosying up to bosses, I found that it worked very well, in fact so well that I sometimes achieved positions equal to those bosses who promoted me, I'm retired now, but I find that I still can't relax properly, although it's been a number of years since I last worked, so please take this as a genuine greeting, I have a military background so I'm enjoying every moment of W.A.M.

Foremost [ex R.A.F.]

Kansas Bear
05 Mar 08,, 11:08
It's about time! Welcome to the staff. :)

(that sounds dirty :eek: )

That's just wrong on SO many levels of reality it isn't funny.......yet it is...:))