Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP Requests Michael Moore Be Prosecuted

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hael_moore&e=5

If we prosecuted everyone who did favors to encourage Americans to vote, then we wouldn't have a Government because they would all be in jail.

American politics is so quaint. Here we have people getting themselves all in a lather over a harmless stunt (no rhyming slang intended), while the law all but insists that candidates tell lies in their campaign ads.

False Ads: There Oughtta Be A Law! Or -- Maybe Not

It is very entertaining to watch!

Comment

As long as Michael doesn't bribe a specific vote, I don't see the harm. The GOP is pissed because there isn't a more critical voice out there against the current administration, therefore his plea for generic voters is a plea for Kerry voters. They don't have a case against him because he isn't outwardly buying votes.

Politicians need to turn their criticism inward. You want to talk about buying votes, consider this:

Each election politicians stand in front of us and make promises to get votes. In most situations they are simply telling the american people what they want to hear and have no intention of following through with it. Every campaign focuses on hot button issues.

Remember why we fought for independence. Taxation without representation. Isn't that what is happening right now?

Comment

Just what should not be done.

Unecessary publicity to this guy!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

If someone breaks the law, that someone should be prosecuted. I don't know the actual wording of the law, so I can't tell if this is justified or not.

If it were really illegal to "buy" votes, all of the politicians would be in jail. ;)
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
            If someone breaks the law, that someone should be prosecuted. I don't know the actual wording of the law, so I can't tell if this is justified or not.

If it were really illegal to "buy" votes, all of the politicians would be in jail. ;)

Now why would the law makers jail themselves. Buying votes happens all the time. What do you think lobbyists are? Major contributers don't just give their money away. Money buys favorable legislation. Favorable legislation means more money for the next election. It's a vicious cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fonnicker
              Now why would the law makers jail themselves. Buying votes happens all the time. What do you think lobbyists are? Major contributers don't just give their money away. Money buys favorable legislation. Favorable legislation means more money for the next election. It's a vicious cycle.

No, they wouldn't jail themselves. They would just keep casting stones until everyone was stoned to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                No, they wouldn't jail themselves. They would just keep casting stones until everyone was stoned to death.

Maybe we should all get stoned. Perhaps we'd be better able to understand how we allow ourselves to be duped every four years into thinking the next guy will make a difference.

Comment

Maybe we should all get stoned. Perhaps we'd be better able to understand how we allow ourselves to be duped every four years into thinking the next guy will make a difference.
                  I don't think we get "duped," because we only have limited choices, and we all know there is no perfect politician, although we have high hopes of there being one. I think we look at the body language and the likeness of the candidates in hopes of finding sincerity in the one we choose, so at least he will half-way do what he claims he will do. So the way I look at it, we have a 50% chance of the candidate doing 50% of what he says he will do. (If that makes any sense).

Comment

I don't think we get "duped," because we only have limited choices, and we all know there is no perfect politician, although we have high hopes of there being one. I think we look at the body language and the likeness of the candidates in hopes of finding sincerity in the one we choose, so at least he will half-way do what he claims he will do. So the way I look at it, we have a 50% chance of the candidate doing 50% of what he says he will do. (If that makes any sense).

Yeah, when you break it down that way, it means there is a 75% likelihood that they won't - lol

Comment

Yeah, when you break it down that way, it means there is a 75% likelihood that they won't - lol
                      LOL. Isn't Democracy great?

Comment

Ready for Halloween?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...1355245924.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Armstrong

News and photos like that used to really bother me because I didn't understand. Now, I do understand, and it is an everyday thing, that only a US politician change.

Comment

Now why would the law makers jail themselves.
                            Lawmakers don't enforce the laws. If you note the little " ;) " at the end of that line, means I was being silly.
                            Now, I do understand, and it is an everyday thing, that only a US politician change.
                            Neat, you have the answer... Don't keep us in suspense...
                            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                            X