Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK man attacked over wife’s Muslim veil comment

UK man attacked over wife’s Muslim veil comment

LONDON: A British man, whose wife made a passing comment about a Muslim woman’s full face veil, suffered a broken nose and lost his front teeth after being attacked and head butted by the woman’s partner, police said on Sunday. The victim, a 46-year-old white man, was walking through London’s Regent’s Park with his family when they passed a Muslim family. A police spokesman said that the victim’s wife told her husband that it might be difficult for the Muslim woman to see, since the veil covered her face. “The suspect began shouting and returned approximately 10 minutes later on his own and repeatedly punched and head butted the victim.” The man was taken to hospital, suffering from facial injuries including a broken nose and a black eye, but was discharged later in the day. According to the police spokesman, the suspect was about 35-years-old and of Middle Eastern appearance. The police were treating the incident as a racially motivated assault. The attack occurred in mid-November but police were only alerted to the incident last week. reuters

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-12-2006_pg7_3
    Just imagine losing your teeth because of the veil!

Rather unfortunate an incident.

However, this report is not conclusive since one is not aware what the white man had said in totality about the veil clad woman (that is if he could see her anyway!) In other words, the provocation degree is not fathomable. It is difficult to accept that a man, Moslem or otherwise, would be so stupid as to attack if it was only that the other man wondered if the veiled wonder could see!

These are sensitive times for Britain and it would have best been avoided. However, that does not condone the loss of teeth!

With the Blair govt pussyfooting such incidents will be on the increase since the whites are getting tired of imposition of Islam on them and the Moslems are getting sensitive about being more Moslem than those elsewhere.

It is an unfortunate situation that has come to pass since the UK has been ambivalent for a long time to allow the rot to set in.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap!

Sad.

An unfortunate situation for the whites and likewise for the Moslems who are now going overboard in proclaiming their Moslemness from the rooftops!

It would be wonderful if some genuine Englishman could throw some light as to what is up in good old Blighty!
    Last edited by Ray; 25 Dec 06,, 20:03.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Originally posted by Ray View Post

It would be wonderful if some genuine Englishman could throw some light as to what is up in good old Blighty!

Rules me out, dear heart. I am genuine Cornish!
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

:)

I am sure you know what I mean by 'genuine Englishman'! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

:)

I am sure you know what I mean by 'genuine Englishman'! ;)
        But that would mean masquerading under false colours!
        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Woa rough, now I wonder what the responce will be? Nothing I bet, now imagine a white dude beating up a Muslim like this. I bet flags will burn and some rally held.

This is me rolling my eyes.
          Originally posted by GVChamp
          College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

True.

But I want to know what is Blair's plan to ease out the situation and have some semblance of societal order.

There was this case of the veiled woman in the court who refused to unveil because the prosecutor was a man. The solution was that an umbrella was used to shield her face, while at the same time would be perceivable by the Judge so that the Judge knew that the veiled woman herself was deposing and not someone else, like the Somali terrorist/murderer who vanished from the UK dressed in a designer niqab which even deceived the women friskers at the airport who could not find out that the bloke was no woman but a man!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

True.

But I want to know what is Blair's plan to ease out the situation and have some semblance of societal order.

There was this case of the veiled woman in the court who refused to unveil because the prosecutor was a man. The solution was that an umbrella was used to shield her face, while at the same time would be perceivable by the Judge so that the Judge knew that the veiled woman herself was deposing and not someone else, like the Somali terrorist/murderer who vanished from the UK dressed in a designer niqab which even deceived the women friskers at the airport who could not find out that the bloke was no woman but a man!
              I don't know what to make of this, I too would've stood up for a loved one, but throw a punch? Depends upon the provocation.

Of course the dilemma most Muslim men face in the west is that their wives observing the veil are always seen to be doing so forcibly by the men in their life, namely the husband/father. Which is true only in some very rare cases, otherwise women choose to be veiled/headscarved or dress in shalwar kameez.

Comment

Asim,

From the 'Islam under attack' psychology that is prevailing world wide, it is understandable that the Moslem man lost his cool even if there was no religious slight intended by the whiteman involved and maybe he (the white) indeed felt that the Moslem woman had problems of having a clear field of view. Though not reported, it could be that the whiteman remarked so when the Moslem woman bumped into him or his wife.

Notwithstanding, what worries me is that physical reaction can lead to riots and that would not bode well for any community. Since one can't make out who from the subcontinent is a Moslem and who is not, a lot of people who are not Moslem, but have similar facial structure would also be at the wrong end of the stick.

Very very dicey to be an Asian because of some hot heads amongst the Moslem Asian/ Africans who look like Asians (Somalia etc).

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Asim,

Very very dicey to be an Asian because of some hot heads amongst the Moslem Asian/ Africans who look like Asians (Somalia etc).
                  I have always been worried about this...
                  My friend in Atlanta was nearlhy beaten up because he was mistaken for an Arab
                  Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Lets not get overly caught up in the veil (if you pardon the literary allusion).

How many fights start with the wonderful phrase "Are you looking at my birds' ****?"

Is this necessarily an issue regarding the veil or regarding "defending a lady's honour".

EDIT: that naughty word checker needs adjustment
                    Blue ****,
                    Great ****.

It must be terrible to be an ornithologist from S****horpe on this board.
                    Last edited by Trooth; 26 Dec 06,, 13:13.
                    at

Comment

That's like accepting the (I hate to say it) "white man's" violence. Neither should be violent. The message to them should be not to get violent, not to choose your targets better.

If a non-Muslim Indian looking guy can be a target what does that prove? They are targetting a person who didn't do anything just because he looked Muslim. A Muslim too can be targetted for not doing anything...

Islam under attack is no longer a questionable debate, Ray. For most Muslim and non-Muslim people its long been on, they are now making their own plans to win. There are a few who want to get the attacks called off from both the sides but they are few and quickly diminishing.

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                        I have always been worried about this...
                        My friend in Atlanta was nearlhy beaten up because he was mistaken for an Arab
                        And do you boo the Arabs for that?

Exactly.

Comment

Asim,

Been reading "The Great Deception" written by Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed?

Hardly anyone other than Moslems allude to the cry "Allah ho Akhbar, Islam in Danger".

I would like to differ that Islam is under attack. It is that Islamic reaction to their having lost their past glory and still dreaming of Plymouth Ho is what is gripping the Islamic mind. A sort of a self flagellation so to say.

Why, it was only the other day Shabana Azmi, the Indian filmstar and activist, stood her ground very well with logic rather than with emotional balderdash that is routinely given out by quite a few. She neither apologised for being a Moslem, nor did she agree that Islam is in danger or has lost its glory. It is merely a wee bit tarnished owing to bad hats misusing Islam.

Musharraf, too, does not feel Islam is under attack. He is carrying on quite merrily with his agenda. In fact, he is attempting tweaking the rather difficult issues of Islam like the Hudood to suit the modern times.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I have no issues with anyone not glorifying Islam. But current events there for everyone to see.

Europe is on the brink of persecuting another race. Every other nation is outcrying the Muslim population boom and what it will do to their precious culture. They are just using different words Ray, they are still stuck in their pre-ww2 mentality. There are hundreds of crimes occurring in their nation, probably tens of guys who have beaten up someone without proper cause, but if I do it, it'd be a Muslim man punched someone.

In western countries the word Muslim's fast becoming another word for demon. The demonization is so strong that no one wants to talk it out, its all just lock them up, beware of them, separate them, etc.

The other day I had to sit through the torture of a Hindi movie, Insaan. Man the demonization of Muslims was so awful! I wanted to watch all of it to try n figure out the Islamophobic mindset but the more I watched the more convinced I was "OMG they have no clue who we are!"

I guess its okay for medic to hate on Arabs for what some white guys did to his friend. It's kinda similar as to what Muslims living in America feel towards Osama Bin Laden for doing to them.

Attacking Hudood (and now Blasphemy Laws as of this Xmas) is not an attack on Islam, I feel. Removing these laws from Muslim countries would improve their position in the global modern world.

Musharraf is dealing with the problems amongst Muslims. The west is targeting the practices of the faith as practiced by Muslims. The west doesn't deal with the issues. In every issue there's one whole other way to handle it for the Muslims.

I'll give you an example. No two. One's been discussed here over n over. Keith Eillison. Jews used the Old Testament for their swearing in ceremony without incident. When one Muslim wants to swear in using the Quran, thats all of a sudden an issue? Anti-Muslim arguments have been so varied that it almost seems like they are clutching at straws to make some sort of argument workable that will disallow the Quran to be used.

"George Washington used the bible so everyone should use the bible, its American tradition".

Jews use the Torah! Some have even not used anything at all! They remember tradition (stressing tradition over the constitution?) when a Muslim guy entered the picture.

The other example would be Canada's arbitration courts. People have used Arbitration courts if both the parties agree to arbitration over matters concering civil law (not criminal of course). Even Somalian justice courts were used in Canada without incident. When someone suggested using a Shariah Court, all hell broke down. Let me remind you we are only dealing with civil matters.

Western countries having an anti-Muslim bias is not a questionable matter. It's just that you've got to deal and can't return the favor in kind. Since that would mean condemning the millions of Muslims that live as minorities to hell.

Comment

You don't understand?

Originally posted by Asim Aquil View Post
                              I have no issues with anyone not glorifying Islam. But current events there for everyone to see.

Europe is on the brink of persecuting another race. Every other nation is outcrying the Muslim population boom and what it will do to their precious culture. They are just using different words Ray, they are still stuck in their pre-ww2 mentality. There are hundreds of crimes occurring in their nation, probably tens of guys who have beaten up someone without proper cause, but if I do it, it'd be a Muslim man punched someone.

In western countries the word Muslim's fast becoming another word for demon. The demonization is so strong that no one wants to talk it out, its all just lock them up, beware of them, separate them, etc.

The other day I had to sit through the torture of a Hindi movie, Insaan. Man the demonization of Muslims was so awful! I wanted to watch all of it to try n figure out the Islamophobic mindset but the more I watched the more convinced I was "OMG they have no clue who we are!"

I guess its okay for medic to hate on Arabs for what some white guys did to his friend. It's kinda similar as to what Muslims living in America feel towards Osama Bin Laden for doing to them.

Attacking Hudood (and now Blasphemy Laws as of this Xmas) is not an attack on Islam, I feel. Removing these laws from Muslim countries would improve their position in the global modern world.

Musharraf is dealing with the problems amongst Muslims. The west is targeting the practices of the faith as practiced by Muslims. The west doesn't deal with the issues. In every issue there's one whole other way to handle it for the Muslims.

I'll give you an example. No two. One's been discussed here over n over. Keith Eillison. Jews used the Old Testament for their swearing in ceremony without incident. When one Muslim wants to swear in using the Quran, thats all of a sudden an issue? Anti-Muslim arguments have been so varied that it almost seems like they are clutching at straws to make some sort of argument workable that will disallow the Quran to be used.

"George Washington used the bible so everyone should use the bible, its American tradition".

Jews use the Torah! Some have even not used anything at all! They remember tradition (stressing tradition over the constitution?) when a Muslim guy entered the picture.

The other example would be Canada's arbitration courts. People have used Arbitration courts if both the parties agree to arbitration over matters concering civil law (not criminal of course). Even Somalian justice courts were used in Canada without incident. When someone suggested using a Shariah Court, all hell broke down. Let me remind you we are only dealing with civil matters.

Western countries having an anti-Muslim bias is not a questionable matter. It's just that you've got to deal and can't return the favor in kind. Since that would mean condemning the millions of Muslims that live as minorities to hell.

Asim,

You don't understand why the worlds hackles are up? Your comments quite consistently ignore the fact of what violence is being done world wide in the name of Islam. Muslims know quite well what they are doing through out the globe in the name of Allah. We westerners aren't stupid. Just many are asleep yet to what is happening to their countries. The Muslim mind is intelligent in the art of war. They use a countries political weakness to destroy them. They attempt at patiently tweaking the laws to their advantage. Many in the west realize this. Many will soon wake up to the reality of Islamic brutality. Terrorism is no isolated incident. The Muslim's read the same Qu'ran. And Mohammed's law was in a,'submit or die.' "For the Unbelievers are unto you open enemies"(Sura 4:101). What's can we interpret from this verse? "They but wish that ye should reject the Faith, as they do, And thus be on the same footing (as they): so take no friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah...But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them" (Sura 4:89). Can you Interpret this for us Please? And this:"...fight and slay the Pagans wherever you find them, and seize them, beleaguer them (camp around them), and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)" (Sura 9:5). This sounds to those who are reading very consistent to the understanding of what Islam is doing at so many levels world wide. There's more:" Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day,...nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book [Jews and Christians]"(Sura 9:29). We don't have to assume here, do we? This is exactly what is happening isn't it?

Ivan

Comment

Working...
                              X