Presidential Rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Rank

I know that the Prez is Commander in Chief, the NSA, and various other multi-letter acronyms. But does he really have a rank? I'd assume that since there have been 5 star Generals, than the Prez would need at least 6 stars.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Re: Presidential Rank

Originally posted by bigross86
    I know that the Prez is Commander in Chief, the NSA, and various other multi-letter acronyms. But does he really have a rank? I'd assume that since there have been 5 star Generals, than the Prez would need at least 6 stars.
    Just Commander-in-Chief, no rank insignia as far as i know.

Comment

That's what I said, but technically he does need one, doesn't he?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

That's what I said, but technically he does need one, doesn't he?
        true, maybe the Seal of the POTUS instead of stars on his shoulder board.

Comment

That would be interesting to see...

Comment

The president of the United States is not suppposed to have any type of military uniform on him therefore he shouldn't have a rank because he is the Commander in Chief. He is not a soldier.

Comment

But all Commanders have uniforms, or some sort of insignia/rank identifying them as the Commander. And once again, I'm speaking hypothetically, or "what-if", in case hypothetically is too long a word for you...

Comment

I wonder how many stars we could fit on the standard US Army shoulder strap?

Comment

Well, I assume 4.

Comment

Well, I assume 4.
                    There is a 5 star rank, used only in wartime though

Comment

Hypothetically speaking, probably the presidential seal. That's the insignia of a US president.
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                        Well, I assume 4.
                        So therefore it wouldn't be on the standard US Army shoulder strap, would it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                          Well, I assume 4.
                          So therefore it wouldn't be on the standard US Army shoulder strap, would it?
                          same shoulder strap, but the stars are arranged differently:

US Army Major General

US Army General of the Army

Comment

The point that they don't have a rank is because they are not in the Military and that the President(A CIVILIAN) is in command of the military(only when that power is deligated to him by Congress).

But the overall point is that the military is run by Civilians thats why they have no rank.

Comment

And why the US military often gets the shit end of the stick, helpfully handed to them during conflicts.... or for that matter peacetime.
                              Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Working...
                              X