Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do u think PAKFA contain? & PAK-FA vs F35???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do u think PAKFA contain? & PAK-FA vs F35???

1. I would like to know how PAK-FA would contain ,look like,technology, components etc..in acrodance with what russians ahve right now or can develop.. Maybe some price analysis would be great..
    2. How would it compare with F35 ??
    3. How would it compare with F22??

About PAK-FA

A 5th gen plane to be developed by Russians and Indians combined . Indians are expected to contribute money and some software etc.. cna they contribute anythin else...??
    The S37 and Mig 1.44 are declared as tech demonstrators for it and since Sukhoi has been given the contract to do the job so i think tehy are looking for a S37 like stuff ie.e superagile with less stress on stealth
    What all Russians ahve rite now..
    1. a horizontal & vertical TVC.--> i think we can look forward to a complete 3D tVC in PAK-FA.
    2. RADARs..The russians dont have AESA yet.. Can they develop it..??..The Radar on 1.44 detects at upto 420Km..Russian might get somethin good working..
    3. Frame maybe somethin like S37 with no forward swept wings....(S37 ahs internal bays for weapons ).They wont be concentrating a lot.on stealth though..
    4. Supercruise.. (they ahve it in Mig 1.44I??)
    5. Avionics..Lets see this is a big matter of concern in thsi project as we knwo that russian avionics is not that good.
    6. Range .. should be at least more than MKI ..
    7. Missiles .. What do u think they plan for in the missile front.. Is there any information about taht.. Any projects in line??
    8. Plasma Stealth.. A remote possibility only in case they can figure out a lot of problems they are facing in it..
    9. cost?? aroudn 35M $.

Thats all i know/think about it
    Ur views??

About its comparison with F35..
    F35..............................PAK-Fa
    Less agile....................superagile.
    AESA (must be advanced)............should be good but cant say how comparable.Though the russians will definitely try to get somethin better than at least the one on F35.
    Stealth.. cant say.really depends upon the radar too..
    Avionics.. I think F35 will win..
    Missiles... cant say what russians plan to feild..
    Cost ..shoudl be same. But F35 would not be so easily available iwth all the Us dictatorship that comes along and also the presence of a lot of orders..

Comment

wow, i didnt know PAK-FA will have all these stuff.. the only thing i noticed about it is that it resembles F/A -22 very much. lets hope it packs a lethal punch. and any info on when it will take to skies?
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Well i think PAK-FA would have no match in agility.. considering that F-22 has just 2D TVC(the americans couldnt get it working better) Even Su30MKI has 3D TVC(i.e. u can either move it in vert or in hor.)..And we can look forward to a completely rotating one for PAK-FA .. i.e. the one where u can move in any axis..Russians are working on it..
        Its the most imp project in the Russian military rite now.. adn thus they are very secretive about it...butits believed that it will test fly in 2006...

Furthermore it wil act as the main fighter for many countries not allied to US./NATO. and will definitely come with lesser bindings than F35 and F22....

Comment

the avionics part we shud get the help of israelis. we shud do what we did with sukhoi Mki. what do you think of Israeli BVRAAMS ? are they better than russian?

Comment

theres a lot of american control over what israelis sell to anyone in the world...frankly.. they can sell things to india .. but i dont think america will let russia have the real imp stuff that makes PAF-FA better as that will hurt the americans a lot..

We surely can use the stuff in MCA project ,

The problem is that we have a lot of mutual trust with both israelis and russians.And so we wont like sell the stuff to countries that they consider as threat.
            Though the israelis as such wont have any problems with india taking not so imp. stuff for PAK-FA /MCA but they wont like these machines being sold to iran and other muslim countries that isreali considers as a threat.Like it would be difficult that US will let israelis give us AESA tech bec its a tech that makes a difference.

Though i do think that any PAK-FA project's components developed in india will definitely contain a lot of israeli help obvously under the table. ;)...and the russians would thus be interested to give a lot of avionics work to india..(just a guess)..

There were even some reports that russians were talking with French ( and even china )for cooperation in Fifth gen fighter .. Does anyone know about any status inthat matter.. i mean did thye mean PAk-Fa or somethin else... are the french into it/interested in it.I think the french input can make a lot of difference.. They surely are good in Avionics..
            Though chineese really cant offer anythin other than money.(Even indians are just gonna offer some money and stuf they learned in designing in MKI. LCA. )
            I wonder why did russians prefer indians over Chineese .. Was it jsut a political decision or indians did have somethin decent to offer...Again only time will tell what do the indians contribute..

Comment

China

China will kick the ass of india...
              don't even think that china and india will ever be in the defence coaporation as india is getting a great threat to china... but china is

Comment

is this your wishful thinking laserray? and how will china kick ass India ? this is not 1962 and Nehru is dead .so forget day dreaming and try to improve "your country" which is in shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserRay
                  China will kick the ass of india...
                  Please support ur claim..
                  don't even think that china and india will ever be in the defence coaporation as india is getting a great threat to china... but china is
                  [/QUOTE]
                  i think otherwise .. considering the improving relations between india and china .. in the last few years the two nations have come nearer to each other and a lot of economic cooperation is on the cards.I'll prefer to view the russian idea of Strategic triangle with India Russia and China as poles as a feasible one in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                  X