• Show
Clear All

• Filipino wins "Judge of the Year" UK Award

The Times December 05, 2006

A chilli-hot year for whiny garbage

David Pannick, QC

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...483034,00.html

David Pannick, QC, presides over the memorable legal appearances of 2006

In the Manhattan Supreme Court, Justice Jane Solomon told Liza Minnelli and her former husband David Gest to stop their “whiny garbage” of litigation. This year was notable for the quantity of whiny garbage to be found in courtrooms round the world.

There was particularly hot competition in 2006 for the prize for judge of the year. William A. Carter, of the Albany City Court in New York, was a strong contender after being censured by the State Commission on Judicial Conduct for his behaviour when presiding at a preliminary hearing of criminal charges: he removed his judicial robe, walked up to the defendant and asked: “You want a piece of me?”. In Washington State, Superior Court Judge Beverly G. Grant began a manslaughter sentencing hearing by asking everyone in court to join her in a Super Bowl cheer of “Go Seahawks”. She later explained that she was simply trying to ease tensions. Judge Donald D. Thompson was convicted by a jury in Oklahoma on four counts of indecent exposure by surreptitiously using a penis pump in Creek County Court while sitting as a judge hearing (or at least pretending to hear) trials in 2002 and 2003. The judge picks up a consolation award for the least contentious statement by a defendant in a criminal trial this year: “In 20-20 hindsight, I should have thrown it away.”

Those were the runners-up. The award for judge of the year goes to Judge Florentino V. Floro Jr, whom the Supreme Court of the Philippines sacked from the Regional Trial Court in Malabon City for regularly opening proceedings in his courtroom with the statement that he was “a Bar topnotcher” who passed the 1983 Bar examinations “with an average score of 87.55 per cent”; for changing from blue court robes to black each Friday “to recharge his psychic powers” as “the No 5 psychic in the country”; and for claiming to have the assistance of “three dwarf friends named Luis, Armand and Angel”, who, unseen by others, provided him with assistance in court.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/NZ-...80995623.html#

NZ lawyer wins 'bizarre conduct' award

-------------------------------

Filipino Psychic named 2006 UK, The Times, TIMES ONLINE "Judge of the Year" Award - Publishes 380 Pages Book

Title:

WORLD-FAMOUS MYSTIC Armand Luis & Angel the 3 dwarfs meet the Judge ... PSYCHIC & HEALING MARTYR OF FILIPINO JUSTICE

You, sir, are a Legend :D
    Rule 1: Never trust a Frenchman
    Rule 2: Treat all members of the press as French

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by pdf27 View Post
      You, sir, are a Legend :D
      let me quote here my statement to a forum:

" I would like to reveal to you that

David Pannick QC was a deputy high court UK judge in 1998 and now a silk barrister, legal luminary who -

emailed me twice, to give some kindness and compassion, to me in my most difficult moments..

On ts face, it seemed that the award and comment by David / The Times is funny or sarcastic and critique of the judicial systems

but no...

i submit that he fought for me .... in a great way of his own...

since, he could not have just named any jurist of his choice, not voted upon by the management of the top paper, from hundreds of thousands magistrates
      worldwide for the top award

since The TIMES' name is at stake

In fact, sir,

The Times, for sure, are aware of and could have selected and voted many finalists wanabees from the Daily Judge -

http://www.thedailyjudge.com/

but why was I chosen
      coz
      David Pannick QC read my emailed 80 pages appeals, so many documents i sent him
      to show that my case is not about dwarves but about
      vengeance here by corrupt filipino justices who wanted me replaced by their own political candidate

merry christmas to all of you"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...208464,00.html

it is a world judicial record made for the HEART ... from KINDNESS ...
      proving the existence of these 3 angels of God..

and the fact that I NEVER found kindness in my own country/court but in all of you from the far far other side of the earth this 8th christmas of my sufferings

as jobless at 53 years old in this pretend world

but it is a blessing in disguise coz

i will always be remembered in judicial memory

and it would not certainly be 15 minutes of fame

but being a MARTYR of Filipino Justice

Comment

Originally posted by judgefloro View Post
        ...it is a world judicial record made for the HEART ... from KINDNESS ...
        proving the existence of these 3 angels of God..

and the fact that I NEVER found kindness in my own country/court but in all of you from the far far other side of the earth this 8th christmas of my sufferings

as jobless at 53 years old in this pretend world

but it is a blessing in disguise coz

i will always be remembered in judicial memory

and it would not certainly be 15 minutes of fame

but being a MARTYR of Filipino Justice
        Thank You Good Sir; for bringing to light the existence of Louis, Armand and Angle.
        It has long been a mystery to myself; and I’m sure many others, the almost unbelievable judicial decrees and verdicts some courts have handed down.
        In many cases it has brought the entire profession of Law into disrepute.
        The existence of your three hobgoblins will go a long way to exonerate the legal profession.
        For that alone the said profession owes you an enormous debt of thanks!
        When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Floro you are a fruitcake!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            And where would we be without eccentrics to make life interesting? They can't all be in the Armed Services, my friend!
            Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

destiny of choice and Pre-Destination

Originally posted by Amled View Post
              Thank You Good Sir; for bringing to light the existence of Louis, Armand and Angle.
              It has long been a mystery to myself; and I’m sure many others, the almost unbelievable judicial decrees and verdicts some courts have handed down.
              In many cases it has brought the entire profession of Law into disrepute.
              The existence of your three hobgoblins will go a long way to exonerate the legal profession.
              For that alone the said profession owes you an enormous debt of thanks!
              endless debates and ph.d. studies, master thesis or otherwise, on pre-cognition, destiny of choice and pre-destination - why are we here, for what reason?

why have i suffered 7 long years of preventive suspension, and in the end, on april 7, i was separated from service for allegedly consulting dwarves?

it was a virtual reality, blessing in disguise, that INSTEAD of banging the gavel and sitting in the bench to pen decisions that would radically change lives,

i suddenly found and find myself sitting and locked in this computer chair talking to the world, to the far far other side of the earth... discovering KINDNESS that i never found in my own country...
              is this not a miracle

that VIRGINIA ... once upon a time ... was also surprised/awed by the miracle of the existence of SANTA CLAUS...

even when Princess Diana's car crushed, nobody even a GIFTED, could have guessed that tragedy, same with many many dire pains... and ...

i respectfully submit, that what Justice Bedsworth is trying to say ...

what many jurists are fighting for...

is that... HUMAN nature side by side with the immense power and authority of the PEN of a judge (in many countries, that pen can put to death an innocent person, due to toss coin decisions, stress, influence, hatred, or just humar error)

it is the same everywhere, corruption, lust for power, and the selling of decision summed into a word: hypocrisy (in ecclesiastes, we read so many examples of these pains)

here in the philippines (voted last week as the No. 2 most corrupt, the no. 1 is Indonesia) we have this state of the judiciary:

SWS survey: Lawyers say judiciary more corrupt

http://news.inq7.net/breaking/index....story_id=25484

First posted 08:31am (Mla time) Jan 26, 2005
              By Donna Pazzibugan
              Inquirer News Service

"MORE lawyers nowadays complain of corruption in the judicial system compared to 10 years ago, according to the Social Weather Stations. One out of two lawyers knows of a trial judge in their city or province who has taken a bribe but they did not report it because they could not prove it, said the SWS. In a briefing among lawyers Tuesday night, SWS president Mahar Mangahas said the perception of corruption in the various courts -- from the municipal trial courts all the way up to the Supreme Court -- has risen among lawyers in the last 10 years. "Our lawyers are more critical now than before," Mangahas told the lawyers as he presented the survey findings for the first time. The SWS polled 889 trial judges -- or 61 percent of all trial judges in the country -- and 400 lawyers from November 2003 to July 2004 to get their perceptions on various aspects of the judicial system.The last such survey was undertaken by SWS from 1994 to 1996.

"Corruption remains a major problem," the SWS said in a press statement."As in 1995, one-fourth of present lawyers say that many or very many judges are corrupt. Although half or 49 percent say they know a case in their own city or province where a judge took a bribe, only 8 percent said they reported the bribery. The main excuse of those who kept silent is that they could not prove it," the SWS said.Among judges, only 7 percent said that many or very many judges were corrupt.The SWS said the judges' perception of the extent of corruption among court personnel was the same as in 1996."What has increased is the proportion of judges seeing many lawyers as corrupt," it said.
              Mangahas said the survey showed that corruption "remains a serious problem in the judicial system but it is not cultural.” "They're saying there's nothing to be done about (corruption) but it's not accepted. There's still the idealism," he said."

--------------------------------------- note:

LUIS, Armand and Angel, 3 mystic Dwarves, LUIS, Lucas & James Bersamin

apogee, referring to orbits around the Earth

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6186313.stm

Filipino legislator gunned down

“Police have launched a massive hunt for the killer
              A Philippines' congressman and his bodyguard have been shot dead as they left a wedding near the capital Manila. Luis Bersamin from northern Abra province was shot twice in the head at point blank range by a man who then escaped on a motorcycle. Mr Bersamin, 62, a vice chairman of political committees on dangerous drugs and trade and industry, had been attending his niece's wedding.”

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...ticle_id=38711

Solon shot dead at church - Aide also killed in brazen attack

By Philip Tubeza, Nancy C. Carvajal, Inquirer, Last updated 01:34am (Mla time), 12/17/2006

ABRA Rep. Luis Bersamin Jr. and his police bodyguard were shot dead by two gunmen yesterday after the lawmaker attended a niece’s wedding at Mt. Carmel Church in New Manila, Quezon City. The 62-year-old Bersamin, a member of President Macapagal-Arroyo’s party Kabalikat ng Mamamayang Pilipino (Kampi), had just left the church on Doña Juana Rodriguez (formerly Broadway) Avenue and was walking back to his car when attacked. Justice Lucas Bersamin, the lawmaker’s younger brother, declined a TV crew’s request for comment.

Bersamin’s murder came more than a month after a relative, Abra provincial board member James Bersamin, 66, was shot dead in the capital Bangued. Family members said the lawmaker had just stood as a sponsor at the marriage of his niece Pia, daughter of Justice Bersamin, to Niño Embuscado and was on his way to the reception when he was gunned down at around 5:25 p.m.“It was the recessional and everyone was going out of the church when we heard gunshots,” said Alvin Salonga, a guest at the wedding.

Comment

cadbury

Originally posted by Ray View Post

http://www.acriminalwasteofspace.com...&PagePosition=

fruitcakes are abundant here for the rich in christmas time

for the poorest of the poor here (2.9 million filipinos experienced hunger, as per SWS survey last 2 months), depression, anger, hatred .... crimes ... definately ... no cake, but

a sad christmas, nowhere to go, for many poorest of the poor filipinos,

many are jobless here,

you are so lucky that you can eat fruitcakes... and this forum eases the stress

some kind of theraphy for those who could not keep the fast and utterly speedy hands of TIME ... tension .... tiredness... getting sick

;)

Comment

Normal curve

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                  And where would we be without eccentrics to make life interesting? They can't all be in the Armed Services, my friend!
                  yeah, many would be outside of the normal curve in psychology

psychiatry would differentiate those who believe in God, Buddha, Angels, Allah, Mohammad, Satan, atheists, skeptics, science, witchcraft, wicca, and the orthodox stuffs...

from those who would practice the art of the 4 elementals, dwarves, gnomes, mystic and imaginary so to speak... we would be branded as developing PSYCHOSIS

so this is the eccentricity defined and made exact by clinical psychology
                  the mortal enemy of psi, parapsychology

but here in the philippines, the rich and lots of professionals waste money in enrolling with mind development institute to BEND spoons, to know more about trance, reincarnation, psychic surgery, PRANNIC HEALING (oh, the entire course here on this is $ 200)

the book of Mr. Licauco on dwarves is hotcake seller at $ 20 per copy

interesting isn/t it?

so News of the Weird would report only those really odd, quirky and authentic and eccentric news that has great human interest --

i was there last october in

JUDGES GONE WILD if you read about it

happy new year :)

Comment

dalem, get in here, man.

Comment

This HAS got to be some kind'a joke!!!
                      When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Amled View Post
                        This HAS got to be some kind'a joke!!!
                        No. Not at all. The judge possesses a deep understanding of humankind, and writes with clarity. Clearly as he is not from these shores he must be getting guidance and direction from somewhere. Who is to say that his statements about the mystical dwarves are wrong? Obviously none of you religious nuts!
                        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Ahem!

Flora,

You are a shameless self publicist.

You invent these weird dwarfs and obviously it gets the attention.

Thereafter, you bombard all websites with your 'justifications'!

Man, you are no judge, you are a great PR man and a spindoctor!

Join Blair's team!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

You could've fooled me.

Comment

lion king - hakuna matata

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                              dalem, get in here, man.
                              :)

Comment

Working...
                              X