Renaming forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming forums

Ever thought about removing the "Military" off the military forums?

Because almsot everything about that continent is discussed in those forums. Call em, Asian Issues, European Issues, etc.

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
    Ever thought about removing the "Military" off the military forums?

Because almsot everything about that continent is discussed in those forums. Call em, Asian Issues, European Issues, etc.
    I second that ...

afterall, most of the sections iniclude all types of news from that region ... not only military news ...

so whadda ya think guys?

Comment

Originally posted by visioninthedark
      I second that ...

afterall, most of the sections iniclude all types of news from that region ... not only military news ...

so whadda ya think guys?
      Follow posting guidelines :)
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Make it easier and let us talk about anything without breaking the guidelines?

Comment

Make it easier and let us talk about anything without breaking the guidelines?
          You can talk about anything. If the primary post is about military, post it in the region specific section. Otherwise post it by type, in the political, social & economic, or pub sections. Personally I like the way this board is set up. I'm less interested in the military aspects, when compared to the political/socioeconomic issues, so it works out well for me. ;)
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
            You can talk about anything. If the primary post is about military, post it in the region specific section. Otherwise post it by type, in the political, social & economic, or pub sections. Personally I like the way this board is set up. I'm less interested in the military aspects, when compared to the political/socioeconomic issues, so it works out well for me. ;)
            Ya well thats what I like about it too. But why sort posts geographically AND militarily?

Asian issues/ would be just fine, to discuss just about everything in Asia. And will keep all the posts relevant. I don't think you guys haven't felt that there's a slight naming problem, since there was a post about uniting the military forums. Perhaps the mods need to go about it a different way.

Of course now you'd be wondering what happens to the Pol, soci section. Well the ugly answer is, you gotta figure it out. Infact this section could've been totally avoided and the WORLD in WAB would stay more prominent, by categorizing the forums by continents.

Currently the forum posts are neither centralized nor distributed.

Comment

I agree with Asim, I like his suggestion. Isnt this world affairs board, not just world military affairs board?

Doing this will emphasize both the world part, and also widen the scope for discussion. :)
              Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
              Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

Originally posted by roshan
                Isnt this world affairs board, not just world military affairs board?
                That's why there's a politics/social & economic section, not just military sections...
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

The political and social section is global.

For example "Discussion about politics, both American and international."

Comment

Combine your's and Confed's post, thats exactly why I am saying, that this board is neither Centralized nor distributed.

Comment

Combine your's and Confed's post, thats exactly why I am saying, that this board is neither Centralized nor distributed.
                      I see no problems with the system as it stands right now. I think it's working just fine.

Comment

Ok. Just a suggestion. Think about it.

Comment

One of the effects of WAB moving towards a more political orientation away from a military one is that I post less and less. I couldn't stand the suits when I was in uniform, I do not want to start thinking like them when I am now out.

However, one of the side effects is that the few times I do post on military subjects, I do so with absolute authority.

Comment

The board is fine the way it is, but I think Asims suggestion is for the better.
                            Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
                            Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                              One of the effects of WAB moving towards a more political orientation away from a military one is that I post less and less. I couldn't stand the suits when I was in uniform, I do not want to start thinking like them when I am now out.

However, one of the side effects is that the few times I do post on military subjects, I do so with absolute authority.
                              Hmmm too many uniforms around here! Well actually these forums are attracting more and more military personnel onto them.

I myself have been surrounded by military people all my life. Though I myself am not the "sir-yes-sir" types. Some of the most challenging obstacles I've had in my life were by military people, and probably the biggest help I got was from an ex-US Marine, who kinda nudged me towards the career I'm pursuing now.

Ok now that was extremely off-topic, but bear with me, I'm recovering from some health problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X