The Aryan Invasion Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aryan Invasion Theory

Let me start this thread with this quote from a website , yes a hindu website.

A crucial international October historians' conference held in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, reexamined ancient Indian history. It resolved that "Recent archaeological discoveries have fully established that there was a continuous evolution of civilization on the Indian subcontinent from about 5000 bce, that remained uninterrupted through 1000 bce;...no scope whatsoever to support an 'Aryan invasion' theory. The term Arya in Indian literature has no racial or linguistic connotations." Vested interests in Western academia protect the old theory, which permeates millions of books and contemporary Indian social theory. In 1995, one of the India's most knowledgable and objective historians, Shiva G. Bajpai, said, "the data against the invasion theory is speculative." After recent investigation he told Hinduism Today, "I am now convinced. There was no invasion. I may present the findings in a new framework at the next World Sanskrit Conference in Bangalore."
    Link : http://www.mantra.com/newsplus/aitmyth.html#A01

The first point to note is that the idea of the Aryans as foreigners who invaded India and destroyed the existing Harappan Civilization is a modern European invention; it receives no support whatsoever from Indian records - literary or archaeological.

Now the astronomical references in the Rig Veda allude to events in the third millennium bce and even earlier, indicating the origin of Vedic hymns earlier than 3000 bce claims the hindusim website.

See , i am not a student of history , whatever , but always wanted to discuss this theory with others , whether they deny it or accept it.

The website also claims to have , er broken the indus code(something written on harrapn seals).I have seen none being accepted at international forums yet though.

I have brought some links regarding this theory , lets see .
    And there is a member called Aryan here, i sure would want to know his views

a r y a n i n v a s i o n t h e o r y

Indus Valley Civilisation

Gosai

Encyclopedia ?

Now what these sites contain are identical , some times a cut,copy job.
    You are welcome to enrich the thread with more datas and collections of informations et all.

Originally posted by chandragupta
    Let me start this thread with this quote from a website , yes a hindu website.

Link : http://www.mantra.com/newsplus/aitmyth.html#A01

Now the astronomical references in the Rig Veda allude to events in the third millennium bce and even earlier, indicating the origin of Vedic hymns earlier than 3000 bce claims the hindusim website.

See , i am not a student of history , whatever , but always wanted to discuss this theory with others , whether they deny it or accept it.

The website also claims to have , er broken the indus code(something written on harrapn seals).I have seen none being accepted at international forums yet though.

I have brought some links regarding this theory , lets see .
    And there is a member called Aryan here, i sure would want to know his views

a r y a n i n v a s i o n t h e o r y

Indus Valley Civilisation

Gosai

Encyclopedia ?

Now what these sites contain are identical , some times a cut,copy job.
    You are welcome to enrich the thread with more datas and collections of informations et all.

My Dear Chandru,

First of all the Yankees know nothing about Aryans from India or Eurasia. Its like the Germans trying to make comments about the Red Indians

As Indians we are of true Aryan blood. Even Max Mueller the German scholar has said, Indians are supreme in mind and intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Hitler
      My Dear Chandru,

First of all the Yankees know nothing about Aryans from India or Eurasia. Its like the Germans trying to make comments about the Red Indians

As Indians we are of true Aryan blood. Even Max Mueller the German scholar has said, Indians are supreme in mind and intellect.
      So, we have another damned racist. Why do morons keep attracting here?

Comment

My Dear Chandru,

I am Indian and damn proud of it.
        But Pure Blood ? What colour is it ?
        There is no single "pure" race in this whole world.
        Max Mueller , only suggested.

Comment

I'm an Indian and I dont have true Aryan blood. Actually, I despise people who call themselves as Aryans or any race for that matter.

And BTW Max Mueller was the biggest idiot of all times, dont quote him if you want any credibility in your arguements.
          A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

While we debate this , one thing always never got into my thick skull .
            Why are the dravidian languages so different from the northern languages.Has it to do with the geographical factors?

Comment

Its becoz they migrated from a different place ( or may be same) and in a different time frame. People, though had trade relations with other groups/tribes, they still were isolated.

Comment

I don't think it is correct to say Max Mueller was an idiot. He said what he thought was right.

The debate goes on.

I am not qualified enough to speak on it and I wonder if anyone on this forum is.

So, why don't we drop it.

I agree it is an interestingsubject, but then it should be done by those who are deep into it.

If there are anyone of such eminence, of course it will be a pleasure to hear.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Aryan Invasion theory has been ditched, by most scholors, including the bastion of ultra-leftist Romila Thapar, and has mentioned about it in her new book...eh hey whats her new book , sorry forgot ;)

lets not give breath to dead subjects

Max muller himself I think mentioned in his later books that Aryan Invasion theory is not correct , because there is no tell-tale signs of any destruction on the "war-path" the aryans are supposed to take to reach north india.

So there is no race called aryans, aryans emntioned in vedas and other holy texts are basically "noble men" etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                    I don't think it is correct to say Max Mueller was an idiot. He said what he thought was right.
                    Ray Sahab,
                    I do think Max Mueller's Aryan invasion theory is indirectly responsible for Hitler and the persecution of Jews, hence I called him an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                      Ray Sahab,
                      I do think Max Mueller's Aryan invasion theory is indirectly responsible for Hitler and the persecution of Jews, hence I called him an idiot.
                      OK.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Ray
                        Well , Max Muller is indeed a respectable person.If i remember correctly it was max mullers wifes friend(?) Marguerate who turned out to be Sister Niveditha in the Ramakrishna Mission and was a great fan of Vivekananda , so was max mullers better half.

Why did i have to bring this thread . Because i was reading some books and all make conclusions based upon aryan invasion theory and some how i really wanted to know the truth and some dirty politicians in my state are still make good use of this theory.It was disturbing for me.

But equally er wonderfull was how suddenly the Indus Valley Civilisation had gone into dark.

I sure would want to know more

Rhtyha
                        Nice to see you here too...

Amar

Comment

Originally posted by rhytha
                          Aryan Invasion theory has been ditched, by most scholors, including the bastion of ultra-leftist Romila Thapar, and has mentioned about it in her new book...eh hey whats her new book , sorry forgot ;)

lets not give breath to dead subjects

Max muller himself I think mentioned in his later books that Aryan Invasion theory is not correct , because there is no tell-tale signs of any destruction on the "war-path" the aryans are supposed to take to reach north india.

So there is no race called aryans, aryans emntioned in vedas and other holy texts are basically "noble men" etc etc

Romila Thapar is now agaisnt the AIT? Thats news!

Do you have any links etc about this?
                          Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
                          Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

Originally posted by chandragupta
                            Ray
                            Well , Max Muller is indeed a respectable person.If i remember correctly it was max mullers wifes friend(?) Marguerate who turned out to be Sister Niveditha in the Ramakrishna Mission and was a great fan of Vivekananda , so was max mullers better half.

Why did i have to bring this thread . Because i was reading some books and all make conclusions based upon aryan invasion theory and some how i really wanted to know the truth and some dirty politicians in my state are still make good use of this theory.It was disturbing for me.

But equally er wonderfull was how suddenly the Indus Valley Civilisation had gone into dark.

I sure would want to know more

Rhtyha
                            Nice to see you here too...

Amar
                            The Indus saraswati civilization went down due to two reasons. The first was the drying up of the saraswati river which flowed through modern day rajasthan and gujarat. The second was the desertification of northwestern india due to climate change. There is a lot of evidence that indicates that the desserts of rajasthan, sindh, baluchistan etc were forests during the time of the indus saraswati civilization. Elephant fossils dating back to the period and also fossils of trees etc have been found in the region.
                            Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
                            Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

LEGEND OF DWARAKA

Krishna- the protector of Mathura, the lord of Dwaraka and the reciter of the Bhagwad Gita on the battlefield of Kurukshetra-is one of the most enduring legends of India. But was he also a mortal, historical figure? Two books look at connections between the ancient texts and archaeology

Now they seem to found a city called Dwaraka.And the god damn government has not sanctioned a project to make it an underwater museum

Whats more important is , the city also features some characterstics of Harappan sites.So a very intresting thing to watch.

This city could have been Krishnas own city and might prove his mortal existence.ISKCON people must be very very yappy :)

Link

Comment

Working...
                              X