Man invents mugging to avoid wife’s wrath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man invents mugging to avoid wife’s wrath

BERLIN - A German cyclist lied to police about being mugged because he was afraid to tell his wife the truth: he rode into a lamppost while drunk and injured himself.

The man, 30, called police and said he had been mugged by six youths while walking home.

"He said he beat off two of them, and that the rest fled through bushes behind the pavement," Peter Grimm, a spokesman for police in the southern town of Schwabach, said Thursday.

Police became suspicious after finding a wire fence behind the bushes and, Grimm said, the man then "admitted he had made it all up as a cover story because he was afraid of his wife."

He now faces charges for being drunk while in charge of a bicycle and faking a crime. Police had carried out a blood test that proved he was drunk when they first interviewed him.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16092123/

I love it! How funny!

I wonder what he is going to come up with to get out of having to tell his wife he has been arrested for lying to the police to begin with.

He is soooo screwed!!
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I don't think there should have been any reason to be afraid to tell her in the first place....
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I've heard rumors that German women are big and brawny....may it's true?

Comment

You have to admit this guy makes a person really think about what the family dynamics are like in that household.
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
            You have to admit this guy makes a person really think about what the family dynamics are like in that household.
            Yeah...."whipped."

Comment

wuss
              I've sacraficed more than I have! I've left my bones beneath the mire!

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                I always get the vision of 6ft woman in a grey Wehrmacht uniform, whip in hand. I can't blame the guy.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

How many of us married guys have tried to avoid an angry wife?

Comment

I wouldnt know. Havent had a "good" woman to be attached too yet.
                    I've sacraficed more than I have! I've left my bones beneath the mire!

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      How many of us married guys have tried to avoid an angry wife?
                      Hmmmm mmm I better not comment. She has this bad habit of browsing WAB.

Ahh no Julie they are not. At least the ones I met in Dusseldorf were mmm stunning;) .

Comment

Originally posted by kams View Post
                        Hmmmm mmm I better not comment. She has this bad habit of browsing WAB.
                        CHEZ MADO!

Comment

"he was afraid of his wife."

Why the hell would you marry something you're scared of?

This dude needs to go watch Rambo, and grow some balls.

Comment

Working...
                          X