Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Edwards - What??? Do they not think before they speak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Edwards - What??? Do they not think before they speak?

EDWARDS:

Interesting words from John Edwards yesterday: "I want a president who will stand up and fight for us, not one that will fight other politicians." This comment was made by Edwards at the very same time that the Kerry campaign is making plans to focus on what they consider to be the "failures" of George Bush for the next week or so.

Is anyone really listening to what these people are saying?

how dare politicians be so partisan, especially during an election!

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
      how dare politicians be so partisan, especially during an election!
      I dont think you understand either.

Comment

Afraid its you that doesn't understand. I was agreeing with you. I was mocking Edwards comments. He is implying that Bush shouldn't be allowed to campaign. During an election.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
          Afraid its you that doesn't understand. I was agreeing with you. I was mocking Edwards comments. He is implying that Bush shouldn't be allowed to campaign. During an election.
          Sorry, I'm new here and dont really know everyones positions yet. You could see how I would have interpreted your statement as sarcasm toward my position?

Comment

Edwards is psychic, so it's ok. ;)
            Last edited by Confed999; 04 Sep 04,, 22:20. Reason: spelling
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Sorry, I'm new here and dont really know everyones positions yet. You could see how I would have interpreted your statement as sarcasm toward my position?
              You're right, I just don't like being told I'm ignorant (even when sometimes its true) lol. I can see how you would have interpreted my statement as such. My own views are fiscally conservative, socially liberal, aka libertarian. If I were American I would be voting for Bush although I think the Republican Party has lost some of the things I liked about it before 9/11. Its understandble, but still unfortunate. Anyways, welcome to World Affairs Board.
              Last edited by ZFBoxcar; 04 Sep 04,, 23:09.

Comment

My favorite is the 527's plus the michael moore issue.

the dems have these adds running for the better part of a year, all wreaking of pure hatred of the prez, the repubs have had 527's running for what a month now and all of a sudden is those "mean spirited republicans" again.

this shat pisses me off so bad i swear ive killed for less!! lol
                They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                --Benjamin Franklin

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.--John Adams

Comment

^^^

I hear you man. That shit gets to me so bad. They want everything both ways, and then they try to claim its the republicans that want it THREE ways!

Liberal is their last name and Bias and Propoganda are their two children.

Comment

It'd be a beautiful world where discussing issues actually had more impact than complaining about service records. But, they all just do what they think will win it for them.

Of course, if you honestly believe that your policy is much better for the country than your opponent's, I suppose you would feel morally obligated to do whatever is necessary to win. If you have a solely benefits-based approach. This is a mess for a first post.

Comment

Originally posted by non-asset
                      It'd be a beautiful world where discussing issues actually had more impact than complaining about service records. But, they all just do what they think will win it for them.

Of course, if you honestly believe that your policy is much better for the country than your opponent's, I suppose you would feel morally obligated to do whatever is necessary to win. If you have a solely benefits-based approach. This is a mess for a first post.

well im not quite sure where your comin off here but the Bush campaign isnt questioning his service record. are you aware of this?
                      also beyond Kerry's service record there is 20+ years of voting record to deal with.

so doing whatever necessary to win is a bit of a stretch. you cannot hide from facts.
                      They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      --Benjamin Franklin

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.--John Adams

Comment

-Yeah, sorry, I don't know where I was going with that. Of course the ends shouldn't always justify the means, or there'd be a lot of altruism tearing the world apart.

-While SBVFT may not be affiliated with Bush, I doubt their claims of non-partisan status, and they certainly form a part of the overall array of attacks on Kerry.

And, in the end, Kerry's record as a Senator (which I've only heard about from context-less attack ads anyway) bothers me a lot less than Bush's record as a President.

However, since this is really a thread for discussing empty rebuttals by Edwards. I probably shouldn't actually get into an issues discussion. Suffice to say that I'll hardly disbelieve anyone telling me a presidential candidate of any persuasion has done something stupid.

Comment

Working...
                        X