Bush Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Speech

I thought it was great, it covered alot of ground on domestic policies as well as foriegn. reminded me of a state of the union adress. well written too
    "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Originally posted by griftadan
    I thought it was great, it covered alot of ground on domestic policies as well as foriegn. reminded me of a state of the union adress. well written too
    It made me proud to be a Bush supporter. It really showed the differences between "Me and my opponent".

Comment

Yeah, I gotta say, I was impressed. I originally supported Kerry because I felt that post-9/11 Bush had moved the Republican party away from real conservative/libertarianism. But Bush does make a good case for himself. Kerry talks about Bush alienating the US allies while calling them the "coaltion of the coerced and bribed". If Bush follows through on what he said in his speech (other than on abortion and gay marriage) he has my support (or would if I were American). I agree with him on education, social security, and spending cuts and tax cuts (although this term I hope he actually does the former, rather than just the latter leading the US further into debt). I am suspicious of his health care/drug plans because it doesn't sound like the US will have an easy time cutting spending with all the initiatives planned. But its better than Kerry's plans.

Comment

I felt the speech was incredible!

He said things he has been needing to say for a year now, he listed off the coalition of nations involved in Iraq. Almost smacking Kerry and the Dems in the process.

Honestly I feel it was almost Reaganesque. Just flat out made you proud to be American and hopeful about our future. Exactly what the president needs to do for us.

His social agenda was comprehensive, maybe a bit grandiose but possible.

I feel that Bush firmly has the high ground now and Kerry has played basically his full deck of cards. I dont know what he can do now.
        They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        --Benjamin Franklin

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.--John Adams

Comment

Can you believe how John Kerry came out the same night, not even honoring the fact that Bush waited till the following day to go on the attack after Kerry's DNC speech. Not only that, he claimed he was "unfit to lead" this nation???

What???

I think even Kerry has joined the "I don't like John Kerry, I just hate George Bush" groupies.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthSpeak
            Can you believe how John Kerry came out the same night, not even honoring the fact that Bush waited till the following day to go on the attack after Kerry's DNC speech. Not only that, he claimed he was "unfit to lead" this nation???

What???

I think even Kerry has joined the "I don't like John Kerry, I just hate George Bush" groupies.
            Shows his true side dont it? Hes obsessed with gaining power at any cost.

Comment

Working...
            X