X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War against guns escilates!

http://www.kc3.com/news/chicago_confiscation.htm

Confiscation of Registered Guns Begins in Illinois

Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.
    The Chicago Police Department and the Illinois State Police have teamed up to make good on Mayor Daley's pledge that, if it were up to him, nobody would have a gun. Daley and his elite "CAGE" unit are apparently taking advantage of gun privacy loopholes to pinpoint certain individuals for inclusion in the confiscation program.

The ISRA is following up on leads in one case that has disturbing implications. An elderly first-generation Chicago resident was recently paid a visit by an Illinois State Police trooper. After asking to come inside the man's home, the trooper asked if the man owned a gun - to which he replied yes. The trooper then directed the individual to surrender the firearm. The man complied with the officer's demand and the trooper left with the gun. And the story gets better...

The gun in question was purchased legally by the man in the 1970s shortly after he became a U.S. citizen. When Chicago's infamous gun registration scheme went into effect in the early 1980s, the man registered the firearm as per the requirement. However, over the years, the fellow apparently forgot to re-register the firearm, and forgot to renew his Illinois FOID Card.

So...what does this all mean?

In the last edition of The Illinois Shooter, we reported on the activities of a shady taskforce known as the Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.

Thanks to a ruling by a liberal federal judge, the CAGE unit now has the name of every single person in the United States who, since 1992, lawfully purchased more than one handgun in the period of a week. The CAGE unit also has all the makes, models and serial numbers of those guns. In essence, the Chicago Police Department is now registering guns and gun owners nationwide.

The ISRA has also learned that the CAGE unit has compiled a list of families where more than one person in that family holds a FOID card. Acting on that information, the CAGE unit is now contacting gun shops where those families have shopped, and is illegally registering all guns purchased by those families.

Now, it appears that the CAGE unit is scrubbing Chicago's gun registration list against the list of FOID card holders. Indications are that folks who have let their registrations and FOIDs lapse will have their guns confiscated. We have to wonder how long it will be until state troopers show up at the doors to confiscate the guns of non-Chicago residents who have let their FOIDs expire.

More later as this story develops.

He didn't renew his card, and they took away his gun. The article goes on to explain that now if you fail to renew your firearm owners identification card, they might take away your gun too! Seems to me Chicago(and other Illinois) residents only need to renew their cards, which they were probably supposed to be doing anyways.

If my drivers license expires, and I get caught driving, I'm in trouble. Incidentally, the city knows that I have my license, and the cop that pulled me over can check to see if my license has been invalidated for any reason. As long as I prevent my license from expiring, and don't do anything to get it revoked, I can drive. The city even knows how many cars I own and what their licenses are. How is this different?

Comment

Originally posted by List
      He didn't renew his card, and they took away his gun. The article goes on to explain that now if you fail to renew your firearm owners identification card, they might take away your gun too! Seems to me Chicago(and other Illinois) residents only need to renew their cards, which they were probably supposed to be doing anyways.

If my drivers license expires, and I get caught driving, I'm in trouble. Incidentally, the city knows that I have my license, and the cop that pulled me over can check to see if my license has been invalidated for any reason. As long as I prevent my license from expiring, and don't do anything to get it revoked, I can drive. The city even knows how many cars I own and what their licenses are. How is this different?
      I do not believe drivers lisense should be Government issued because I don't think Roads beyond the major ones for national defense is the job of the Government to build.

This being said, does the Government come onto your property, take your car, if your liscence expires?

Comment

No, but my license is not for car ownership, if it was, they would take it away if my license was no longer valid. Humans aren't competent to drive anyway, but that's a whole other issue.

Comment

im not so much bothered that he got his gun taken away because he let his card expire, im more concerned with how they fishing to get the info.

kinda like giving someone an open warrant to search your house without probable cause. although i wouldnt affraid of what they would find per se, but i would be afraid of the implications.
          Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
          Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
          Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
          Listen to the words long written down
          When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

I dread the day that happens here. I just know the poor cops they send to get my guns will have moms and dads, spouses and children, hopes and dreams, regardless of all that I'm still going to have to defend myself.
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

It isn't like they're going to random houses and poking around. His license expired, they went to his house, asked if he had the gun, and took it. Confed, it's nice to know that you'd murder police officers if you were too lazy to renew a license.

Comment

Confed, it's nice to know that you'd murder police officers if you were too lazy to renew a license.
                It's not murder, if it's in defence. Anyway, I won't register my guns, ever.
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

arent they making its legal to own an assault rifle as of september? or is it legal now? my friend told me they made it illegal after columbine or something
                  "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                    It's not murder, if it's in defence. Anyway, I won't register my guns, ever.
                    You fail to renew your gun license, or worse yet, do not have the required license, and the police find out. They come to your home and ask you for your gun(s). You tell them they can't have your gun(s). Let's say they try to arrest you, and you shoot them. That's murder, not self defense. But you're right, the "man" only wants you to register your guns so he can take them away at a later date, making it easier for him to control the populace under his totalitarian regime!

Oddly enough, developed nations that have outlawed or heavily restricted guns have not suddenly become fascist states. So even if outlawing/further restricting gun ownership is their eventual intent, it doesn't mean there's been any significant erosion of your freedoms. I can't think of any object I've ever purchased that, if it was outlawed, I would kill a police officer trying to keep it. I just can't see myself overreacting so badly over the loss of a hobby, even if that hobby doubled as a possible, though unlikely to be used method of self defense.
                    Last edited by List; 02 Sep 04,, 06:18.

Comment

It isn't like they're going to random houses and poking around. His license expired, they went to his house, asked if he had the gun, and took it.
                      they are creating a national gun registry, and there doing it by poking ito personal lives, they are also breaking the law doing it.
                      Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
                      Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
                      Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
                      Listen to the words long written down
                      When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

You fail to renew your gun license, or worse yet, do not have the required license, and the police find out. They come to your home and ask you for your gun(s). You tell them they can't have your gun(s). Let's say they try to arrest you, and you shoot them. That's murder, not self defense.
                        Anyone who trys to take your property against your will is attacking your means of living and as such gave up their own rights as soon as they initiated such action. Confed would be fully justified in shooting them. It is not a wise action, but it is completly justified.

Oddly enough, developed nations that have outlawed or heavily restricted guns have not suddenly become fascist states. So even if outlawing/further restricting gun ownership is their eventual intent, it doesn't mean there's been any significant erosion of your freedoms.
                        Really? I'd say the entire west is slipping down into fascism.
                        Last edited by Praxus; 02 Sep 04,, 20:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                          Anyone who trys to take your property against your will is attacking your means of living and as such gave up their own rights as soon as they initiated such action. Confed would be fully justified in shooting them. It is not a wise action, but it is completly justified.
                          Confed requires his guns to live? I didn't realize things had gotten that bad. But seriously, I've been stolen from before, by people who were actually breaking the law, and they've been caught, and at no point would I have ever considered killing them, even if I could have gotten away with it. I have to respecfully disagree and say that the shooting wouldn't be "justified."

Originally posted by Praxus
                          I'd say the entire west is slipping down into fascism
                          I disagree. While I agree that there are too many restrictions in some areas(prostitution, drugs, censorship) in some western nations, on a social level western nations have gotten much more free over the last 50 years. Besides, the restricted areas aren't getting much worse, at least in Canada.

Comment

Confed requires his guns to live? I didn't realize things had gotten that bad. But seriously, I've been stolen from before, by people who were actually breaking the law, and they've been caught, and at no point would I have ever considered killing them, even if I could have gotten away with it. I have to respecfully disagree and say that the shooting wouldn't be "justified."
                            If the Government is usurping his right to property Confed has every right to defend his right and consiquently himself.

I disagree. While I agree that there are too many restrictions in some areas(prostitution, drugs, censorship) in some western nations, on a social level western nations have gotten much more free over the last 50 years. Besides, the restricted areas aren't getting much worse, at least in Canada.
                            Really, what do you call strict economic and social regulations?

Last time I checked the dictionary it's the very defininition of fascism.

Comment

Western culture has progressed significantly, I do not see the increased social regulations you're talking about. If Confed illegally owns something, legally the police may be able to take it from him. I know you probably disagree with that item being illegal, but that isn't the point. Confed's rights are determined by the legal system of whatever area he's currently occupying, any rights he or you believes he has based on your belief system are not necessarily recognized under the law.

Comment

Working...
                              X