NYPD prepares for protests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD prepares for protests

Some pics of NYPD and other law enforcement officers preparing for the RNC protests. Hopefully the mere sight of these guys at the protest will keep the peace.

Lets say a prayer for these guys and hope they arent pelted with bottles, stones, etc like in the anti-war protest before the Iraq war began.

It's sad they have to prepare for an anti-war demonstration.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
      It's sad they have to prepare for an anti-war demonstration.
      Yeah espically when litterly EVERY Anti-Bush, Anti-Govt., Anti-War, Wacko group in the country is headed to NYC.

Comment

Nobody did that to their convention.
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

300 people have been arrested so far for convention related disturbances, 264 on Friday night alone.

Comment

If you break the law, you should go to jail...

Comment

The protest has gone peaceful so far, only 25 arrests. However it will be a different story if they march into Central Park later on as they have said they will do.

Comment

They should keep the names and information about everyone arrested in a terrorism database.

Comment

lol Major, I dunno. But did you notice how alot of the protestors looked like hippies from the 60s? Or how one guy blamed Bush for installing the Shah of Iran in 1953? Shows how loony they are. 200 people arrested yesterday in total and they claim it was a "very peaceful" protest, yeah it was no Seattle '99 or Miami '00 but 200 arrests is alot. They seemed to blame everything that could go wrong on Bush, if they tripped down the stairs it must be the fault of Bush and then they would come out with some stupid, totally unaccurate statement like "its Bush's fault because he cut back the number of building inspectors to make sure my stairs was built right".

I hope Leslie Cagan marches into Central Park for the "peoples picnic" Jesse Jackson and Michael Moore spoke of, im sure the NYPD and NYC Parks Police would love to join, maybe Ms Cagan can join her comrades in arms for lunch in the Metropolitian Detention Center.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                    Shows how loony they are.
                    When you're talking about 400,000 protestors it makes it quite hard to label the whole lot as "loony". Maybe some thought should be put into what has made so many people feel it was important enough to go to New York and voice their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jjacobs43
                      When you're talking about 400,000 protestors it makes it quite hard to label the whole lot as "loony". Maybe some thought should be put into what has made so many people feel it was important enough to go to New York and voice their opinion.
                      Yes not all are loonies, but half of them looked like leftovers from Chicago '68 and the whole hippie thing.

The actual number of protestors was 150,000 according to the NYPD, I will take their estimate over Leslie Cagans any day.

Comment

Originally posted by jjacobs43
                        it makes it quite hard to label the whole lot as "loony"
                        Not really. They're going to liberal New York city, to protest a bunch of die hard Republicans... Whose mind are they trying to change, because neither group available cares? Seems like a huge waste of time and resources, and a bit looney as well. To me, it would be like a hundred thousand conservatives going to protest the DNC, that would be foolish, and a bit looney too. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                          lol Major, I dunno. But did you notice how alot of the protestors looked like hippies from the 60s? Or how one guy blamed Bush for installing the Shah of Iran in 1953? Shows how loony they are. 200 people arrested yesterday in total and they claim it was a "very peaceful" protest, yeah it was no Seattle '99 or Miami '00 but 200 arrests is alot. They seemed to blame everything that could go wrong on Bush, if they tripped down the stairs it must be the fault of Bush and then they would come out with some stupid, totally unaccurate statement like "its Bush's fault because he cut back the number of building inspectors to make sure my stairs was built right".

I hope Leslie Cagan marches into Central Park for the "peoples picnic" Jesse Jackson and Michael Moore spoke of, im sure the NYPD and NYC Parks Police would love to join, maybe Ms Cagan can join her comrades in arms for lunch in the Metropolitian Detention Center.
                          The main reason why I want to vote for Bush is revenge against people like that. Some of them would vote Saddam Hussein into power if they could just to keep Bush from getting re-elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Armstrong
                            The main reason why I want to vote for Bush is revenge against people like that. Some of them would vote Saddam Hussein into power if they could just to keep Bush from getting re-elected.
                            Yup, if John Kerry were to wake up tommorow morning at announce that he would have every homosexual in America locked up, they would still vote for him. They are blind in their quest to push Bush out of office.

Comment

This leftist saw the light.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=11241

Comment

Working...
                              X