Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300,000th post - A new milestone

Dear Members,

Upon pressing the 'Submit New Thread' button, our forum will have reached a new milestone of 300,000 posts. We have doubled in size since November 2005.

We, the staff of the World Affairs Board, thank you for your continuing contributions. May we continue to grow and reach further milestones.

On behalf of the WAB Staff,

Ironduke

An entertaining movie clip for your viewing pleasure:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eMkth8FWno"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eMkth8FWno" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

LoL.

BUTTER COOKIES FOR ALL!
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Geez....I think I have something in my eye. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
        Geez....I think I have something in my eye. :)
        That would be your nose.

edit: Oops, wrong thread
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

LoL! that was an awesome clip; which movie?
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
            LoL! that was an awesome clip; which movie?
            BLASPHEMER!!!

That's Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I can't believe there's a single soul on this earth who hasn't seen that movie yet.

What are you gonna do? Bleed on me?
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka View Post
              That would be your nose.

edit: Oops, wrong thread
              Ha-ha. :)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                BLASPHEMER!!!

That's Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I can't believe there's a single soul on this earth who hasn't seen that movie yet.

Actually, I live on earth(ok, at least when I'm sober )and havent watched the movie but I guess I know what I'll be watching this weekend.
                The greatest instrument of moral good is the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  BLASPHEMER!!!

Easily the best movie ever!!! EVERYONE GO TO BROADWAY AND SEE MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Really funny...and what was the name of the movie again?
                    "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
                    And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
                    For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

200,000 more and wab would be counted as a large forum.

Comment

Well I've tried to help raise our profile by expanding our wiki article with some deeper description of the forum. I had thought about taking a more comical tone and including the cult of the butter cookie, the trouble the mods have had with fakers and trolls, and the great Indo-Pakistani flame wars that have been fought over the last few years. Then again I thought this might make the board look bad, I was going to ask Duke what he thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil View Post
                          200,000 more and wab would be counted as a large forum.
                          We are ranked as the 44th largest political forum on http://www.big-boards.com, as well as 986th in weekly activity.

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}- View Post
                            Well I've tried to help raise our profile by expanding our wiki article with some deeper description of the forum. I had thought about taking a more comical tone and including the cult of the butter cookie, the trouble the mods have had with fakers and trolls, and the great Indo-Pakistani flame wars that have been fought over the last few years. Then again I thought this might make the board look bad, I was going to ask Duke what he thought?
                            After having custom-designed skin made, we are considering advertising the forum. I have experimented a bit with Google AdWords, running ads on a couple military forums. They were CPM, and the CTR was rather disappointing.

As for a description -- I like to think of WAB as a more unique style of forum. I consider the forum to be a fully hybridized political-military forum.

It's a place where both the political and military/defense enthusiast can be highly active, participating exclusively in one subject if they're not interested in the other.

WAB Breakdown (post %)
                            Military/Defense 45%
                            Political 35%
                            General & Other 20%

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                              We are ranked as the 44th largest political forum on http://www.big-boards.com, as well as 986th in weekly activity.
                              lol thats the reason I said 200,000 more. I thought they only registered forums with 500,000 posts?

Comment

Working...
                              X