PDA

View Full Version : 300,000th post - A new milestone

Ironduke
30 Nov 06,, 00:32
Dear Members,

Upon pressing the 'Submit New Thread' button, our forum will have reached a new milestone of 300,000 posts. We have doubled in size since November 2005.

We, the staff of the World Affairs Board, thank you for your continuing contributions. May we continue to grow and reach further milestones.

On behalf of the WAB Staff,

Ironduke

An entertaining movie clip for your viewing pleasure:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eMkth8FWno"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2eMkth8FWno" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

THL
30 Nov 06,, 01:01
LoL.

BUTTER COOKIES FOR ALL!

Julie
30 Nov 06,, 02:09
Geez....I think I have something in my eye. :redface: :)

Parihaka
30 Nov 06,, 02:12
Geez....I think I have something in my eye. :redface: :)

That would be your nose.

edit: Oops, wrong thread:redface:

Tronic
30 Nov 06,, 02:17
LoL! that was an awesome clip; which movie?

gunnut
30 Nov 06,, 02:27
LoL! that was an awesome clip; which movie?

BLASPHEMER!!!

That's Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I can't believe there's a single soul on this earth who hasn't seen that movie yet.

What are you gonna do? Bleed on me?

Julie
30 Nov 06,, 02:30
That would be your nose.

edit: Oops, wrong thread:redface:Ha-ha. :)

standoh
01 Dec 06,, 11:32
BLASPHEMER!!!

That's Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I can't believe there's a single soul on this earth who hasn't seen that movie yet.

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Actually, I live on earth(ok, at least when I'm sober )and havent watched the movie but I guess I know what I'll be watching this weekend.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

jame$thegreat
01 Dec 06,, 23:02
BLASPHEMER!!!

Easily the best movie ever!!! EVERYONE GO TO BROADWAY AND SEE MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT!!!!!!!!

Draconion
02 Dec 06,, 08:29
Really funny...and what was the name of the movie again?

Asim Aquil
02 Dec 06,, 08:34
200,000 more and wab would be counted as a large forum.

-{SpoonmaN}-
02 Dec 06,, 12:45
Well I've tried to help raise our profile by expanding our wiki article with some deeper description of the forum. I had thought about taking a more comical tone and including the cult of the butter cookie, the trouble the mods have had with fakers and trolls, and the great Indo-Pakistani flame wars that have been fought over the last few years. Then again I thought this might make the board look bad, I was going to ask Duke what he thought?

Ironduke
02 Dec 06,, 13:49
200,000 more and wab would be counted as a large forum.
We are ranked as the 44th largest political forum on http://www.big-boards.com, as well as 986th in weekly activity.

Ironduke
02 Dec 06,, 14:29
Well I've tried to help raise our profile by expanding our wiki article with some deeper description of the forum. I had thought about taking a more comical tone and including the cult of the butter cookie, the trouble the mods have had with fakers and trolls, and the great Indo-Pakistani flame wars that have been fought over the last few years. Then again I thought this might make the board look bad, I was going to ask Duke what he thought?
After having custom-designed skin made, we are considering advertising the forum. I have experimented a bit with Google AdWords, running ads on a couple military forums. They were CPM, and the CTR was rather disappointing.

As for a description -- I like to think of WAB as a more unique style of forum. I consider the forum to be a fully hybridized political-military forum.

It's a place where both the political and military/defense enthusiast can be highly active, participating exclusively in one subject if they're not interested in the other.

WAB Breakdown (post %)
Military/Defense 45%
Political 35%
General & Other 20%

Asim Aquil
02 Dec 06,, 17:06
We are ranked as the 44th largest political forum on http://www.big-boards.com, as well as 986th in weekly activity.

lol thats the reason I said 200,000 more. I thought they only registered forums with 500,000 posts?

Neo
02 Dec 06,, 17:30
I guess 44th position is not bad ey, the cyber world is getting biger and bigger.
How many posts do we need to enter the top-20? :cool:

Asim Aquil
02 Dec 06,, 18:07
After having custom-designed skin made, we are considering advertising the forum. I have experimented a bit with Google AdWords, running ads on a couple military forums. They were CPM, and the CTR was rather disappointing.

As for a description -- I like to think of WAB as a more unique style of forum. I consider the forum to be a fully hybridized political-military forum.

It\'s a place where both the political and military/defense enthusiast can be highly active, participating exclusively in one subject if they\'re not interested in the other.

WAB Breakdown (post %)
Military/Defense 45%
Political 35%
General & Other 20%

Coupla things don\'t know why you guys haven\'t bothered with is to accompany a website along with the forum.

You guys had that crazy news-bot, could\'ve started a dedicated news section on WAB.

Which leads to a host of community related activities, like galleries, chat, newsletters...

Ironduke
02 Dec 06,, 22:52
There will be a portal along with the new skin early next year, with a dedicated news page. Other features are yet to be determined.

glyn
02 Dec 06,, 23:49
There will be a portal along with the new skin early next year, with a dedicated news page. Other features are yet to be determined.

Can I have a new skin please? The one I'm wearing has seen better days.

Ironduke
02 Dec 06,, 23:57
Can I have a new skin please? The one I'm wearing has seen better days.
In a month or two, everybody will have the new skin :)

Asim Aquil
03 Dec 06,, 00:10
In a month or two, everybody will have the new skin :)

Buncha racist people, be happy with your skin!

Ironduke
03 Dec 06,, 00:20
Heh :cool:

Bill
03 Dec 06,, 00:47

I am, i'm white with blonde hair and blue eyes. A Scots-Irish Aryan! LOL...

:biggrin:

Draconion
03 Dec 06,, 06:14
I saw somwhere a pic of a guy infront of a porshe...

That you by any chance!!!

Bill
03 Dec 06,, 18:16
There are such pix of me....now whether or not the one you saw was one of me, i cannot answer.

LOL.

Asim Aquil
03 Dec 06,, 20:18

I was gonna ask if you go for spray on Tans, but somehow you don't seem like the type!

Your Porsche is being wasted in America. You can't even speed like you do in Dubai. They are designed to be raced!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6639032608853605781&q=Dubai+race

Goto google videos and search on Dubai, you'd find many.

Or perhaps Dubai, race

Recorded this one:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5725639502953279508&q=Dubai+race

Twins79 are a coupla porsche crazies... But this wasn't them racing. The movie was recorded in their car, a nice big fat ass Nisssan Armada.

Draconion
04 Dec 06,, 14:06
now whether or not the one you saw was one of me, i cannot answer.

Good snipers say...'I can niether confirm nor deny'

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ironduke
05 Dec 06,, 00:09

You look like Kid Rock :rolleyes:

Ironduke
05 Dec 06,, 12:42
I guess 44th position is not bad ey, the cyber world is getting biger and bigger.
How many posts do we need to enter the top-20? :cool:
Missed this... the 20th ranked forum has nearly 20,000,000 posts.

As for being ranked on big-boards.com despite not having 500,000 posts... we do beat out alot of larger size forums in activity, this could be the reason why we are listed.

In weekly activity, we beat 160 forums with over a million posts. At least 20 of those have over 2 million posts, 5 with more than 5 million, and 2 with 8 million.