NY Times Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Times Today

Did anyone grab today's NY Times ( i know it's got a heavy liberal slant)? There's a photo of a Rebel Fighter in the streets of Sadyr City with a compact shoulder fire grenade launcher. It's very interesting because it's not the typical Soviet (er Russian Republic) make with the very long tube. The tube on this weapon is comparable (in length) to a snub-nosed sub machine gun. It looks very welll crafted and am dying to know what make and model it might be?
    Please if anyone knows please let me know. Very currious.
    Thanks.
    ~ Gary Mikami ~
    Live 'N Let Live!

M79 perhaps?

Comment

NY TImes Today

Praxus -
      Thanks for the reply. But this weapon (the one you rpovided) is too primative. Really the one in the photo was of amazing build quality and craftsmanship. I would think it was either German or of American origin just by what the photo had to offer. It's an amazing weapon from what I though were a people incapabable of such high level machining of metal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was an 'aquired' piece from a fallen warrior of ours or ally.
      Anyone else.....Please let me know. I might try and see if I can transfer the photo (newspaper) and get it uploaded. It's really amazing.
      ~ Gary Mikami ~
      Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

The GM-94 (Russian)
        http://www.shipunov.com/eng/str/grenades/gm94.htm

HK-96A1 (German)
        http://www.heckler-koch.de/html/engl..._weapon_01.jpg

MGL MK1 (dunno)
        http://elek.osemka.p.lodz.pl/~robert...ics/mglmk1.jpg

Comment

NY Times Today

Praxus - I applaud your collection and your effort. The MGL Mk1 came the closest but it still was not it. I of course like the H&K (having owned a H&K USP40).
          Man - - - You really should get a copy of the paper!
          ~ Gary Mikami ~
          Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

Here's The RPG

Finally. Thanks for the wait, but here's the photo that show's the RPG. Can anyone ID this?
            Attached Files
            ~ Gary Mikami ~
            Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

It looks like an RPG with the front chopped off.
              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

The insurgent just fired the rocket already, it's your garden variety RPG-7 in the B&W photo above.
                Last edited by Bill; 21 Mar 05,, 21:08.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for eveyone that replied or supplied comments!
                  Now I can sleep.
                  ~ HK40 ~
                  ~ Gary Mikami ~
                  Live 'N Let Live!

Comment

Working...
                  X