Reason for Hijab: Womens hair emits dangerous sex rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason for Hijab: Womens hair emits dangerous sex rays

Some excerpts from the following article: http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/18656.htm

A circular from the Ministry of Islamic Guidance and Culture in Tehran asks TV editors to make sure that women's games are not televised live: "Images of women engaged in contests [sic] must be carefully vetted," says the letter, leaked in Tehran. "Editors must take care to prevent viewers from being confronted [sic] with uncovered parts of the female anatomy in contests." . . .

Fear of Muslim viewers seeing bare female legs and arms on television is also shared by theologians in several Arab states. Sheik Yussuf al-Qaradawi, an Egyptian theologian based in Qatar, claims that female sport is exploited as a means of undermining "divine morality."

Ayatollah Emami Kashani, one of Iran's ruling mullahs, goes further. In a recent sermon, he claimed that allowing women to compete in the Olympics was a "sign of voyeurism" on the part of the male organizers.

"The question how much of a woman's body could be seen in public is one of the two or three most important issues that have dominated theological debate in Islam for decades," says Mohsen Sahabi, a Muslim historian. "More time and energy is devoted to this issue than to economic development or scientific research. "

The Khomeinist version of the hijab, invented in the 1970s and now popular in many countries, including the United States, covers a woman's entire body but allows her face and hands to be exposed. Hijab theoreticians agree on one claim: a woman's hair emanates dangerous rays that could drive men wild with sexual lust and thus undermine social peace.

But the problem of women athletes goes deeper. Some theologians claim that any form of sporting activity by women produces "sinful consequences." In 2000, for example, the Khomeinist authorities in Tehran announced a ban on women riding bicycles or motorcycles. The rationale? Riding bicycles or motorcycles would activate a woman's thighs and legs, thus arousing "uncontrollable lustful drives" in her. And men watching women on their bikes in the streets could be "led towards dangerous urges."

The problems don't end there. According to some theologians, a woman should not be allowed to venture out of her home without a "raqib" or male guardian. But that guardian must be either her husband or her father, brother, grandfather, uncle or son.

Even if a woman is accompanied by such a "raqib" at a sporting event, the problem isn't solved. One woman's "raqib" will be a stranger to the other women playing, say, a game of volleyball. Thus any sport involving more than one woman produces complex chaperonage problems.

Last year, the Tehran Municipality presented a plan to provide sports facilities for women. . . . A model stadium was set up with 12-foot-high walls to make sure that no one could see the women from the outside. The stadium was to operate with an all-female staff, including coaches and administrators. The plan was scrapped last February, when critics claimed that the proposed stadium was located close enough to an airport that women in the stadium might be seen by men flying above them in jetliners and helicopters. . . .

The municipality still hopes to find another plot of land to build an all-female facility. "Women account for a majority of the population in this city," says Esfandiar Mashaie, Tehran deputy mayor for social affairs. "We cannot ask them to pay municipal taxes but be denied the same facilities as men simply because we fear that some men may go wild by seeing women doing sport."

At times, fear of women doing sports causes major headaches for Islamic governments. The Islamic Republic in Iran, for example, has agreed to host the Muslim Women's International badminton games next year. Although all the participating athletes have agreed to wear uniforms that cover them from head to toe, the organizers are still worried that men might sneak in to have a look at what is going on. To solve the problem, the authorities have decided to hold the games in a remote mountain resort. The only road leading to the resort will be sealed by an all-female unit of the paramilitary Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. The games will be organized and supervised by exclusively female staff and recorded by an all-female TV crew.

"The place would look like a lepers' colony," says Soheila Karimi, a women-rights campaigner. "These people live on another planet and in a different epoch."

LOL, I wonder why the hell the stupid scientists are busy studying all sorts of things using x rays when they could investigate the Islamic "sex rays from female hair" Theory instead.
    Last edited by roshan; 15 Aug 04,, 14:32.
    Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
    Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

What on Earth? Do they really think about it that way?

Comment

That's messed up...
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Iranian women I know are extremely modern. They aren't so rigidly Islam. Heck I've known several who're extremely promiscous. However most women that wear the hijab choose to wear it, its not like men (like the Taliban) have forced something on them. Now these moronic rules just exist in Saudi, its all to do with freewill. I was surprised to read about several anti-Hijab rulings in western countries even the United States, where school children were forced by school to remove the hijab. As you can make out from that article, there are people that'd consider removing the hijab as nudity. No one should be forced, neither to wear it, nor to remove it. IMO.

The whole men will get excited thing is a Moronic thing that mullah's promote. I see some pretty good looking Arab chicks on the streets here, in their Hijaab. They still look good. So go figure.

I have a Yemeni friend who was tellin me, I'd make my wife wear a complete Burkha (kinda like the Taliban thing fully covered, head to toe). I'm like why? He says guys will look at her and get horny (go figure). Anyway I asked him will you do the same? And he was like huh? I told him, Girls would be looking at you too, won't that make your wife jealous like you're being jealous by men looking at your wife? haha no answer to that!

Comment

Saudi Arabia isnt the only country to have anti female laws, as we can read in the article above, in Iran women cant go to the gym and they cant ride bikes.

Most Iranians in the west are quite westernized though. This is a given because most of them leave Iran because they want the western freedom that they dont get in Iran. Most of the Iranians in foreign countries despise the mullah government in Iran.
          Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
          Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

Well, as a muslim I feel that it is time for the Iranian government to go. This is all nonsense. I'm not saying that women should walk around naked, but they shouldn't be overclothed either.

Iran needs a real democracy.In the same breath, they don't need Americans claiming to give them a democracy so that they can steal their oil.
            "It is a little knowledge of science that makes you an Atheist, and it is an in-depth study of science that makes you a believer in God Almighty". [Sir Francis]

Comment

How clothed a woman is should be left upto that particular woman, perhaps not nudity (aww). Wouldn't want my 4 yr old nephew whose bout to goto school this fall, learn his first words in English "Boooobiiiieees!". Every society will have its own version of "indecent exposure" bearing in mind the kind of clothing "their women" normally have on.

Making it illegal for a chick to show hair, like making it a crime, is just wrong. Should be left to personal choice.

Comment

Asim,
                I dont remember any rulings/rules in USA that forced students not to wear hijab.

There is this one occassion in Florida (I think), a muslim women went to get her driving license and was resfused license coz she didnt want to remove her hijab/Burqa for the drivers license picture. How stupid is that ? Just showing your eyes for a drivers license.
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                  Asim,
                  I dont remember any rulings/rules in USA that forced students not to wear hijab.

There is this one occassion in Florida (I think), a muslim women went to get her driving license and was resfused license coz she didnt want to remove her hijab/Burqa for the drivers license picture. How stupid is that ? Just showing your eyes for a drivers license.
                  Read something in the news bout some American family that sued a school for asking a girl to comply with school regulations and remove the hijab ( the head scarf, not the face covering). I think I read something later on the school lost.

and about the driver's licence thing! lol, man that sure is dumb, I was once photographing for this event (an award ceremony), then this woman comes to me and shes like "Asim, will you take pictures of these remarkable women, we want to show case what kind of talent we have". They were all freakin covered! and I'm like thinking, dude I can snap myself and just put a caption down there, that its them!

Don't know whether to laugh or cry whenever I see such photographs.

Comment

I hear there was outrage at a woman's breat once appearing on TV.

Oh no wait, that wasn't in the middle east ... :)
                    at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
                      On public TV durring family programing is the problem, one can turn on cable and see breasts whenever one wishes.
                      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth

Oh no wait, that wasn't in the middle east ... :)
                        It made a lot of neglected Tivo's suddenly seem important again. :)

Comment

I think hijabs and burkhas are counter-productive, makes me want to put more effort into getting it off to see what's underneath. Not to mention, all the fun things you could get away with underneath in public if they're loose enough. ;)

Besides, what do all these mullahs have against those marvelous sexual urges God bestowed upon us? Do they believe they know better than God, and wish to second guess his design? lol I say we neuter them.
                          The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                            Asim,

I'll wholeheartedly agree with you there. I mean my mother can take my sisters drivers test by wearing hijab and if she doesn't take it off, only God will no whats under there. In order to be identified, you'll have to take off the Hijab.
                            "It is a little knowledge of science that makes you an Atheist, and it is an in-depth study of science that makes you a believer in God Almighty". [Sir Francis]

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido
                              I think hijabs and burkhas are counter-productive, makes me want to put more effort into getting it off to see what's underneath. Not to mention, all the fun things you could get away with underneath in public if they're loose enough. ;)

Besides, what do all these mullahs have against those marvelous sexual urges God bestowed upon us? Do they believe they know better than God, and wish to second guess his design? lol I say we neuter them.

From what I've been told, the female is suppossed to cover her hair with a scarf. This Hijab thing is a bit extreme, the ones they wear in Afghanistaan look bullet proof!
                              That should actually be classified as a mask!
                              The covering of the face ,though, is part of the Arab culture as women are perceived as having a delicate skin and the scorching desert heat will burn them,
                              and they used to cover their faces when exposed to the elements.
                              Women in Islam are allowed to beautify themselves, i'll find the reference in the Quraan and get back to you.

The problem with us is that we have some highly uneducated people ruling us.I hope this changes soon.

BTW please don't neuter me, I'm a muslim of the more hauny variety
                              Last edited by Nisaar; 20 Aug 04,, 07:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X