Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John French-Looking Kerry's Voting Record

very interesting

i wish Bush could just bring a bunch of diagrams of this to the debates so nobody can dispute what Kerry has done!!!

Voting Record

He sure doesnt like to show up for his job
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.--John Adams

I have no idea whether or not John Kerry has a good voting record. I also don't know, from looking at that, how his abstentions compare to other senators. It also doesn't show by what margin those votes passed, and why John Kerry missed the votes. In other words, just as John Kerry being "French-Looking" is meaningless, that voting record, on its own, is also meaningless. For all I know, all or most of the votes he missed were sure things, and he missed them for good reasons. It just doesn't show, so I don't see how anyone can judge him based on that list alone.

Comment

Originally posted by List
      I have no idea whether or not John Kerry has a good voting record. I also don't know, from looking at that, how his abstentions compare to other senators. It also doesn't show by what margin those votes passed, and why John Kerry missed the votes. In other words, just as John Kerry being "French-Looking" is meaningless, that voting record, on its own, is also meaningless. For all I know, all or most of the votes he missed were sure things, and he missed them for good reasons. It just doesn't show, so I don't see how anyone can judge him based on that list alone.
      Its my understanding that alot of the votes he missed were related to national defense and anti-terrorism, etc. How can we trust a man who as a missed quite a few votes when he was senator as a president?

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx
        very interesting
        It sure is. He didn't vote on the "no child left behind", isn't that one of his big things? Voted to take my guns away too. Isn't he a "hunter" now? He didn't bother to vote for unemplyment extentions either, isn't that another of his things? Hmmm, partial birth abortion is ok with him. Voted against AIDS funding, isn't that one of his things? etc., etc., etc..
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Again, if those bills passed by a large margin, him not voting didn't matter... "Partial birth"(late term) abortions aren't a problem, at least in Canada. They're extremely rare, and pretty much only happen when the mother's life is in danger. Women don't just go out and decide to have late term abortions, and I'm fairly certain the situation is similar in the States.

Comment

Again, if those bills passed by a large margin, him not voting didn't matter...
            Ahhh, if you can't win, don't bother. If they were important to him, he would have been there, no two ways about it.
            "Partial birth"
            He used to have a problem with abortion, that was my actual point. Also, if it's for the mother's health, she still gives birth to a live baby durring the procedure, how is it helpful? I never understood that one myself, maybe someone can explain. Can't they keep pre-mature babies alive now, why kill them?
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
              Ahhh, if you can't win, don't bother. If they were important to him, he would have been there, no two ways about it.
              I'm sure he abstained from voting on issues that he supported and were going to be passed too. Without knowing why he didn't show up, and how his attendance compares to other senators, it's really hard to tell.

He used to have a problem with abortion, that was my actual point. Also, if it's for the mother's health, she still gives birth to a live baby durring the procedure, how is it helpful? I never understood that one myself, maybe someone can explain. Can't they keep pre-mature babies alive now, why kill them?
              Kerry is Catholic isn't he? He better be anti-abortion. In the procedure, performed in the second and early third trimester, even if the fetus were removed alive, it would not survive for any significant period of time. Often times the fetus is dead, or has something seriously wrong with it such as being hydrocephalic, in which case it can't survive. The procedure, as it's performed, is reasonably safe for the mother.
              I hope these links help:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba.htm
              http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba1.htm
              http://members.aol.com/abtrbng/pbal.htm

Either way, it isn't a major issue, and did not require the passage of a bill regulating it. There are very few D&X procedures performed in the U.S. each year(a few thousand), and the vast majority are performed out of necessity.

Comment

I'm sure he abstained from voting on issues that he supported and were going to be passed too.
                I allways go by what I would do... So lets say it was you, if there were a vote you had/were campaigning on, would you go vote? Seems like a no brainer too me.
                Kerry is Catholic isn't he? He better be anti-abortion.
                Yes, he is supposed to be Catholic, but he's pro-abortion. (At least he was the other day, never know with him though.)
                In the procedure, performed in the second and early third trimester, even if the fetus were removed alive, it would not survive for any significant period of time. Often times the fetus is dead, or has something seriously wrong with it such as being hydrocephalic, in which case it can't survive. The procedure, as it's performed, is reasonably safe for the mother.
                I hope these links help:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba.htm
                http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba1.htm
                http://members.aol.com/abtrbng/pbal.htm

Either way, it isn't a major issue, and did not require the passage of a bill regulating it. There are very few D&X procedures performed in the U.S. each year(a few thousand), and the vast majority are performed out of necessity.
                Thanks, I'll check the links. There is one thing about what you wrote, babies born just over a pound weight, have a 50/50 chance of survival. Here's a page with some stats http://www.babyzone.com/drnathan/premature/survival.asp . ;)

Edit: The procedure makes more sense now. BTW, I am very anti-abortion, but that's my choice.
                Last edited by Confed999; 17 Aug 04,, 01:41.

Comment

Here's what Rep. Hastert said Monday: "John Kerry served on the Intelligence Committee from 1993 to 2000, and according to official records, John Kerry missed 76 percent of the public Senate Intelligence Committee hearings during that time. This figure doesn’t include his attendance at closed door meetings. Those records can only be released to the public at John Kerry’s request. This is something that needs to be done, and I join Senator Roberts, Senator Chambliss, Senator Cornyn, and Senator Coleman and others in calling on him to do so, so that the American people can judge the whole picture for themselves."
                  Let's see, is there a positive spin to the fact that Kerry missed 38 of 49 public hearings of the Intelligence Committee, including the June 8, 2000, hearing on the National Commission on Terrorism's warning about the terrorist threat? Well, at least his 22 percent attendance rate was better than his Senate attendance recently.
                  h

Comment

I'm sure the "vast right-wing conspiracy" probably stole his day planner so he wouldn't have the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by phalanx
                      very interesting

i wish Bush could just bring a bunch of diagrams of this to the debates so nobody can dispute what Kerry has done!!!

Voting Record

He sure doesnt like to show up for his job
                      I don't know if you guys noticed but Kerry has been running for president during the year 2004. That may have something to do with why he has missed those votes don't ya think?

What he is doing is perfectly normal of all politicians who run for president. Take a look at what Bush was doing during the summer of 2000. I seriously doubt he was too concerned about Texas that summer.

My guess is that during the course of their lifetimes, Kerry has a much better attendance record of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by jjacobs43
                        I don't know if you guys noticed but Kerry has been running for president during the year 2004. That may have something to do with why he has missed those votes don't ya think?
                        Normally those guys resign after taking the party nomination. Anyway, based on his record, it's good he missed those votes, but it's still very telling about what he thinks of his job.
                        Take a look at what Bush was doing during the summer of 2000.
                        Actully, didn't he step down after the party nomination? Pretty sure he did, I can't think of any before Kerry that didn't, in my lifetime.
                        My guess is that during the course of their lifetimes, Kerry has a much better attendance record of the two.
                        Can you explain why he missed over 70% of the inteligence committie meetings, a committie he was part of? Where was he the whole year after the first WTC bombing, since he was not at the meetings? Very, very telling about what he thinks of his job.

Comment

Normally those guys resign after taking the party nomination. Anyway, based on his record, it's good he missed those votes, but it's still very telling about what he thinks of his job.

Actully, didn't he step down after the party nomination? Pretty sure he did, I can't think of any before Kerry that didn't, in my lifetime.
                          He resigned on 12/21/2000 - Obviously after campaining all year long.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0012/21/se.03.html

Can you explain why he missed over 70% of the inteligence committie meetings, a committie he was part of? Where was he the whole year after the first WTC bombing, since he was not at the meetings? Very, very telling about what he thinks of his job.
                          No, I can't explain that. Kerry seems to defend it by saying the numbers are off but I don't know if that flies. I guess I was just basing my argument on Bush's record number of vacation days during his first year.

Comment

Thats a pretty scary site. It sickens me to think what his record as president would be

Comment

He resigned on 12/21/2000 - Obviously after campaining all year long.
                              Thank you, I stand corrected. ;)
                              Kerry seems to defend it by saying the numbers are off but I don't know if that flies.
                              It doesn't. They take attendance, just like in school, for the public record.
                              I guess I was just basing my argument on Bush's record number of vacation days during his first year.
                              They all seem to go on alot of freakishly long vacations don't they? But I don't really think any of them get much time off, there would still be alot of work to do even on vacation.

Comment

Working...
                              X