Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i'm reading the wall street journal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i'm reading the wall street journal...

And what do i see?

An article on the editorial page stating that Kerry is now saying he will have the troops in Iraq home in a year.

G.W. Bush was on Larry King last night, when asked about it he said, "If we say we're going to leave in a year, we're telling the terrorists- wait a year and a day, victory is yours. We tell the Iraqi people that we won't stay the course for them".(paraphrased)

One man gets it. One does not.

Kerry is a bigger moron than Johnson, Carter, and Clinton put together.

Kerry has said two things recently that shows he just doesn't get it. And this from an "intellectual". Turns out the "dumb ass" gets it. Between this one and the "fight a sensitive war" I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Comment

Yeah we shoud fight a sensitive war. We're not being kind enough to the enemy in our fight for survival1. And maybe all binny and dr z. need is a hug. Might of been all that Uday, Qusay, and Saddam needed as well. (Bit my lip to stop there)

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
        Yeah we shoud fight a sensitive war. We're not being kind enough to the enemy in our fight for survival1. And maybe all binny and dr z. need is a hug. Might of been all that Uday, Qusay, and Saddam needed as well. (Bit my lip to stop there)
        My liberal friend says this isent a war for national survivial, he claims the WoT is not as important as WW2 was, in WW2 we dident have the enemy at our borders litterly, today we do (the AQ guys crossing the border with the illegals, etc). Shows how smart the "educated intellectuals" really are.

Comment

However, none of you are being shot at and that is the difference. Intellectually, I see the need to stay the course in Iraq. But emotionally, I want those soldiers home ASAP.

What Kerry is doing, rightly or wrongly, is stating that there is an end to the mission (and that appeals to me very strongly) wheras Bush does not give me confidence that he even know what the mission is, even now.

I wish someone would just say, double the force in Iraq. Take over everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) and hand it over lock, stock, and barrel when we get things running the way we want it run. After that, it's for the Iraqis to either stay the course or go back downhill.

Comment

No sir, i must respectfully disagree.

What Kerry is saying is that there's a DEADLINE for the mission, that is not the same as a succesful resolution of the mission, and the vindication of all who've lost their lives for this cause.

We spit on the memory of our fallen if we pull out before the job is done.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

What Kerry is saying is that there's a DEADLINE for the mission, that is not the same as a succesful resolution of the mission, and the vindication of all who've lost their lives for this cause.

It will be a repeat of Vietnam and worse, it will be chaos and the terrorist ilk will take over the very second we leave if we leave before the job is done.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

The Fallen will always have a place in Honour no matter what the circumstances. The American Fallen in the Battle of Queenston Heights in the War of 1812 was returned with full honours. The Marines who died in Beiruit, the Airmen in Dubai, the Sailors on the USS Cole, and all those in that fucked up Vietnam War will always be honoured, even if it is only by us in uniform.

An unsuccessful mission is a given with Kerry's statement. However, Iraq is at least a mission creep, if not a mission impossible. If men, material, and operational orders are insufficent to do the Iraq mission, then, the temptation to stop doing Iraq would become that much stronger. This Sadr thing is one example.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                  It will be a repeat of Vietnam and worse, it will be chaos and the terrorist ilk will take over the very second we leave if we leave before the job is done.
                  If Vietnam is to be served as an example, then it's a good example. The US went into Vietnam to stop the Domino Effect. Even though the US lost Vietnam, the Vietnamese spent the next 20 years messing themselves up that they couldn't expand communism except to neighbouring communists. An unintentional effect but the original American goal of stopping the Domino Effect was achieved.

Comment

Working...
                  X