Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

This may sound like a stupid request, but I've been recruited to ask.

My girlfriend's family just moved from Ohio to Houston, TX. She has two younger brothers, 15 and 12.

The 12-year old wants to paint something unique on his walls in his room, namely an F-15. He wants a view of one heading straight out of the wall, fully armed with as many munitions as possible. I can find a few that are grounded, but he wants a picture of one that's airborn with gear up.

Also, he's wanting to put on the OPPOSITE wall a picture of the rear view of a MIG... my first suggestion was a 29, of course.

We're going to take the pictures and put them into a projector (his aunt's a school teacher and has one that hooks into a computer), and put them on his wall to stencil and then paint.

The problem is, I can't seem to find any decent pictures!!!

Does anyone here know of a decent site, or can (even better) post some pictures of said aircraft here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Oh, and model doesn't matter. F-15A/B/C/D/E, whatever... same with the Migoyan.)
    I never understood "fire for effect". I thought the firing WAS the effect...

*shrug*
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Good start

That's getting there, ironman...

But he wants to try for a head-on view... like this:

--|o|--

Bad representation, but you get the idea.

Same for the Mig, except from behind.

Thanks for the pic, though!

Comment

Do these work?

F-15

IAF F-15

MiG-29

Su-27 (If you're interested...)

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Mmmm...

Getting closer, but not exactly what he wants.

It's probably going to be impossible to find.

He wants a "perfect" head-on picture of the F-15, and as close to a perfect Mig-29 tail shot.

I dunno... may just tell him "tough". :twisted:

Comment

The IAF F-15 is head on, but doesn't have any weapons, just fuel tanks. The weapons can be drawn from other pics though. I think that MiG painting is gonna be the closest to perfect he's gonna get, but I'll keep looking...
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

You could be right.

I've been looking as well, and for some reason there don't seem to be ANY head-on or tail-on shots of most aircraft.

Wonder if there a reason... :?:

Comment

Prob cuz it's quite hard to get a completely perfect head on or burners shot.

Comment

Why hard? You get an F-15 pilot to fly low 'n slow behind someone with a camera... big deal. 8)

Comment

Not quite. You'd have to get a pilot to fly low and slow right in front of him, and than you got the rear plane flying in the lead's jetwash. Kind of hard to stay straight and level in that...

Comment

Very well... get a prop plane (a la C-130, etc.) to do it. No jet wash then.

Have a fixed camera in the back with a high shutter speed, tell the F-15 pilot to come in slow, then pull up when he gets within a certain range.

Comment

You know what? I'll call them right now and tell them to do that right now, just for you, Froggy.

Comment

Awww... BR, you're the greatest...

I don't care WHAT Sniper and the rest say about you.

:D

Comment

Thankx, dude. I'm still on hold though. Maybe they're patching me through to the C-130 right now!

Comment

That'd be cool...

Comment

Working...
                              X