Send gifts to soldiers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send gifts to soldiers..

Got this from my work place, I'm happy that they even share this kinda information in Kalifornia...

http://anysoldier.com/HowToSend.cfm

Any Soldier Inc. started as a simple family effort to help our son, Army Sergeant Brian Horn, who was one of the 1,000 soldiers who parachuted into Northern Iraq on March 26th, 2003. We knew his unit, the 173rd Airborne Brigade was living under very rough conditions, and we were sending Brian care packages as often as we could.

We wanted to help the soldiers who were with Brian, so his father, himself a 20-year Army veteran, started this web site on August 26th, 2003, and asked friends and neighbors to help send their support. HERE is the original web page posted that day. The idea caught on, fast. By Christmas Eve 2003 the site looked like THIS.

The support was massive during the holidays, and many requests came to us to support other military units. On January 1st, 2004, we did just that. At the time, we projected that we would have 50 volunteer contact soldiers by Christmas. We were wrong, by June 2nd, 2004, we had our first 100, and 3 days short of a year we had 1,000! As of now we have 4,088!!

We were contacted by an Attorney from Jones Day, Deborah Franz, who offered her help in getting us incorporated. She and Bill Zawrotny, also from Jones Day, took care of all the matters needed to get us to become "Any Soldier Inc.", a non-profit corporation registered in the state of Maryland on June 2004.

Our application for non-profit charitable, 501(c)(3) status, was submitted to the IRS and approved on 3 August, 2004.

In August of 2005 we acquired AnyAirman.com, AnyMarine.com, AnySailor.com, and AnyCoastGuardsman.com domain names and started work on offering 5 service-specific versions of the web site.

On 24 October 2006, "Any Soldier", "Any Marine", "Any Airman", "Any Sailor", "Any Coast Guardsman" and our heart logo all were approved by the USPTO as registered trademarks of Any Soldier Inc.

http://anysoldier.com/About.cfm
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Cool. Thanks for posting this. I'm going to suggest to my family to do this rather than give each other gifts this Xmas.

Comment

Working...
    X